Cake "Monastic hut" differs recognizable shape - it resembles a hut, folded from logs. Only they are made not of wood, but of dough, filled with berries, dried fruits, nuts. Cake is prepared with sour cream, delicately emphasizing the taste of sweet and sour toppings. The dessert is made not entirely simple, but the process of its preparation does not require much mastery either. You just need patience to roll, fill and bake a lot of tubes. But the result will surely justify the efforts spent by the hostess - the delicacy will decorate the festive table and almost certainly will be enjoyed by all guests.
Knowing a few moments when cooking the cake “Monastic hut” will allow you to get the most successful result.
- Cake rolls should not be made from large pieces of dough. Let them be better than they are thick, with a small amount of filling. Usually, the dough is rolled out for them in layers 2-3 mm thick, about 20-25 cm long, 4-6 cm wide. parchment).
- The number of tubes that need to be prepared for the “Monastyrskaya” cake is important. There may be 10, 15, 21, 28. The number of tubes depends on the size of the cake you want to cook. For a medium size cake, 15 tubes are required. If you make them smaller or larger, a flat “hut” will not work.
- The classic cake “Monastic hut” is made from canned pitted cherries. It does not contain as much juice as fresh or frozen, it does not soak the dough. If you are using fresh or frozen berry, you need to fill it with sugar and wait until it launches the juice, drain it. Some housewives have guessed to replace canned cherries with dried or even other sour dried fruits (prunes, cranberries).
- Often, walnuts are added to the filling for flavor. They can be laid in the same tubes as the berries, and you can fill half of the tubes with nuts, half with cherries.
- Sour cream for cream is better to take fat, otherwise the cream may turn out too liquid. Sugar for the cream is desirable to choose fine. Large sugar can be crushed in a coffee grinder, turning it into powdered sugar.
- When vypekaya tubes, they put a “seam” down, otherwise they may lose their flat shape, unwind.
- Decorate the cake with grated or melted chocolate, cocktail cherries.
Cake “Monastic hut” needs long-term impregnation. He will be ready for serving only in a day. At this time, it is removed in the refrigerator.
Simple recipe for cake “Monastic hut” with cherries
- wheat flour - 0, 45 kg;
- butter - 0.25 kg;
- sugar - 0, 45 kg;
- sour cream - 1 l;
- soda - 5 g;
- canned cherries - 0, 8 kg.
- Remove the oil from the refrigerator in advance so that it softens.
- Beat the butter with a mixer. Add to it 0, 2 l of sour cream and 0, 25 kg of sugar, whisk all together.
- Mix sifted flour with soda. Connect it with the cooked mass, knead the dough.
- Divide the dough into 15 pieces, roll them into balls, sprinkle with flour, wrap in plastic wrap, remove for 1, 5-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Flush the cherry to a colander to get a syrup stack. It can be used for the preparation of fruit drinks and other dishes, it is not required for the cake.
- Take the dough out of the fridge.
- On the back of the parchment, draw a rectangle measuring 20 cm by 6 cm. Roll out each layer using this stencil.
- Spread the berries along the long sides of each rectangle. Roll the dough into tubes. Pinch them around the edges.
- Put the straws on a baking tray lined with parchment. “Stitches” must be on the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Put in it a pan with tubes. You need to bake them for about 20 minutes, until they are well browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the tubes to cool.
- Combine the remaining sour cream with the remaining sugar and whisk until the mass acquires the consistency of the cream.
- Place a spoonful of cream on the plate, lightly spread it. This is necessary so that the lower tubes do not disperse when forming the cake.
- Put 5 tubes close to each other, fill them with cream.
- In the next layer, put 4 tubes, pour them with cream.
- Lay the remaining tubes so that in each subsequent layer of tubes there is one less than the previous one. Do not forget to cover each layer with sour cream.
- Cover the entire cake with the remaining cream.
- Keep the cake in the fridge for 24 hours.
Cake “Monastic hut” looks appetizing even without decoration, but if you sprinkle it with grated chocolate, it will become even more elegant and seductive.
The classic recipe of the cake “Monastic hut” with cherries and nuts
- margarine - 0, 2 kg;
- sour cream - 1 l, including 0, 2 l for the test, 0, 8 l for cream;
- sugar - 0, 5 kg, including 0, 25 kg for the test, 0, 25 kg for cream;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- flour - 0.5 kg;
- soda (quenched with vinegar or lemon juice) - 5 g;
- walnut kernels - 100 g;
- icing sugar - 50 g;
- starch - 30 g;
- frozen pitted cherries - 0.5 kg;
- dark chocolate - 50 g (for decoration).
- Combine the egg with sugar, whisk together.
- Add the softened margarine and sour cream, whisk together with the egg mixture.
- Extinguish soda, add to the prepared mass, mix.
- In parts, mix the pre-sifted flour to make a soft, but not sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into 15 pieces. Sprinkle the balls of dough with flour, cover with polyethylene and put in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Prepare a stencil on which you will roll the dough. A rectangle of 20 cm by 6 cm will be optimal. It can be applied to parchment, on which you will roll dough, or cut out of cardboard to cut the layer of dough on it to the desired size.
- Defrost the cherry, drain the juice drained from it, sprinkle it with powdered sugar mixed with starch.
- Chop the nuts with a knife.
- Roll one ball into the formation of the desired size. Put a row of berries and nuts. Form a tube, put it seam down on a baking sheet.
- In the same way, harvest the remaining 14 tubes.
- Place all tubes on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated 180-degree oven and bake the items for about 20 minutes, until they have an appetizing golden hue.
- Allow the tubes to cool.
- Make sour cream by whipping the remaining sour cream together with a glass of sugar.
- Place the first row of tubes (5 pcs.) On the dish. Cover them with sour cream.
- In the next layer, put 4 tubes, then 3, then 2, and finally one. Cover all layers generously with sour cream.
- Rub the chocolate.
- Pour the collected cake with cream, sprinkle it with chocolate chips and put in the fridge for a day.
It is this recipe for the cake “Monastic hut” that can be found in the culinary notebooks of many of our compatriots who collected their favorite recipes in the Soviet period.
Festive version of the cake “Monastic hut” with prunes
- sour cream - 1 l, including 0, 25 l in dough, 0, 75 l - for cream;
- sugar - 0, 55 kg, including 0, 25 kg for the dough, 0, 25 kg for the cream, 50 g for the filling;
- soda, extinguished with vinegar - 10 g;
- flour - 0, 65 kg;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- butter or margarine - 0, 25 kg;
- poppy - 100 g;
- walnut kernels - 0, 2 kg;
- prunes - 0, 2 kg;
- chocolate - 100 g.
- Cover a colander with gauze. Put in it three glasses of sour cream. Leave for 5-6 hours to get excess whey from sour cream.
- Pour the poppy into a large cup, pour boiling water on it, leave for half an hour. Drain, let the poppy dry, mix it with 50 g of sugar.
- Finely chop the walnut kernels with a knife.
- Pour the prunes with hot water for 15-20 minutes, drain the liquid from it, squeeze, cut into strips.
- Melt margarine and let it cool to room temperature.
- Spread eggs with sugar, mix with remaining sour cream and margarine.
- Enter the vinegar-extinguished soda.
- Gradually pouring the sifted flour, knead the dough, not sticking to the hands. Divide it into 28 pieces and cool them for 30-60 minutes.
- Roll balls of dough into rectangles measuring 25 cm by 4 cm.
- Spread the filling over them. 10 tubes to make with poppy filling, 9 tubes filled with nuts and prunes.
- Bake the tubes in a preheated 180 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Make a cream from settled sour cream and sugar by combining them and whipping with a mixer.
- On a dish smeared with a small amount of cream, lay out 7 tubes, cover them with cream, put the next layer of 6 tubes, and so gradually collect the cake. There should be one duct on top.
- Cover all layers and the cake itself with sour cream.
- Sprinkle the ready cake with grated chocolate.
It is necessary to cook the cake “Monastic hut” for the festive table a day before the celebration. If you make it earlier, it will lose freshness for the holiday. If you make a dessert a few hours before the feast, the dough does not have time to soak in the cream, and the taste of the treat will lose from this.
Many people like the “Monastyrskaya izba” cake because of the harmonious combination of sour berries or dried fruits with sweet-sour sour cream. Nuts are often added to the filling, which makes the dessert even more filling and healthy.