Sometimes for a change, you can take a classic recipe and, after adding it a little, make cheesecakes with oatmeal. If the flakes are soft and for their readiness you just need to pour boiling water on them, then they will be soft in the cheesecake itself. Therefore, it is better to give preference to the “fast” flakes. If you have “slow” flakes, it is better to pour boiling water over them beforehand so that they swell. Boiling water before adding the flakes to the curd mass needs to be drained, and the flakes themselves be lightly pressed.
List of ingredients:
- cottage cheese - 500 g,
- chicken egg - 1 pc.,
- oatmeal flakes - 4 tbsp. l.,
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l.,
- salt - 1 pinch,
- ground cinnamon - 2 pinches,
- flour for breading (optional) - 3 tbsp. l.,
- oil for frying - 3 tbsp. l
1. So that the curd mass for cheesecakes does not turn out to be too liquid, it is better to take the curd drier - there is less whey.
2. Beat a fresh egg into a bowl of cottage cheese, add sugar and a pinch of salt.
3. Now add oatmeal to the bowl. Used those that can be brewed with hot water or hot milk. Also add ground cinnamon, if desired, you can add vanilla, and also raisins, dried apricots, prunes, candied fruits.
4. Mix all ingredients for cheesecakes, the mass should be viscous, homogeneous and thick. If the curd mass does not hold the form at all, then it is better to add a little flour - otherwise the cheesecakes will fall apart right in the pan.
5. Let the curd mass stand for 20-25 minutes, and then form balls with wet hands. Having added preparations, spread them in the heated oil on a frying pan. If desired, cheesecakes can be rolled in flour, but they kept their shape perfectly well, so they did without it.
6. Roast cheesecakes with oatmeal for about 3-4 minutes on one side over low heat, then turn over to the other side and fry for another 3 minutes.
7. If cheesecakes have absorbed a lot of butter, then you can first put them on napkins, and only then serve. The dish can be served with sour cream, sweet syrup, condensed milk. You can also sprinkle them with grated chocolate, coconut flakes or powdered sugar.