Canned tomatoes for the winter is a great option for winter salad, especially if they are already sliced and cooked with the addition of onions, spices and vegetable oil! A jar of such a fragrant salad can be served immediately after opening to the table, because there is absolutely no need to add anything to it.
During the season of picking ripe tomatoes, you definitely need to roll up a few cans of such a juicy salad so that in winter you can enjoy the excellent taste of such preservation, served with any side dish or meat dishes.
To close four 0, 5 liter cans with salad, you will need:
- 1-1, 2 kg of juicy tomatoes;
- 2-3 onions;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tsp. salts;
- 4 tsp. sugar;
- 8 black peppercorns;
- 0, 5 bunch celery greens;
- 4 aspirin tablets;
- 4 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 2 tbsp. l vinegar 9%.
1. Rinse the tomatoes in water and cut them into quarters. Then cut off all the green hearts.
2. Peel the onions from the husks, wash them and cut them into half rings.
3. Put celery leaves in clean jars. If you like more greenery, you can lay out whole branches.
4. On the greens, lower the sliced quarters of tomatoes, trying to stick them as tightly as possible into the banks.
5. Behind tomatoes - lay out half rings of onion.
6. Next, fill the cans with the remaining tomato slices, slightly reaching the top of the cans.
7. Pour into each jar 0, 5 tsp. salt, without slides, 1 tsp. sugar, 0, 5 tsp. Vinegar 9%, 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil. Pour 2 peas allspice or black pepper, and cut the peeled and washed garlic clove into slices.
8. Place the jars in the pan and pour water into it until the middle of the jars.
9. In the jars themselves, also pour in hot water, but only on the hangers of the containers, so that during the boiling process the whole marinade does not spill over the edges.
10. Cover the jars with sealers and pasteurize for 15 minutes from the moment you boil the water in a saucepan.
11. Then take out with a towel or a tack and add 1 acetylsalicylic acid tablet to each jar. Cork the key for preservation.
12. Turn the jar upside down and let it cool.
13. Your tomato and onion salad for the winter is ready!