From strawberries get the most delicious berry compote. This recipe allows you to do without sterilization of compote, citric acid acts as a preservative. But it is impossible to ignore the process of sterilizing dishes: the metal cover is kept for 5 minutes in boiling water, having previously removed the gum, and the jar is heated for 10 minutes with steam or placed in an oven for a while. The can must be three-liter, the completion of the canning process occurs after seaming, when the bottle of compote cools down, wrapped in a warm blanket. If the capacity is smaller, it cools faster and the berries warm up time is reduced. Ready compote can be stored all winter, the drink will turn out bright and fragrant.
- strawberries - 400 grams;
- sugar - 250-300 grams;
- citric acid - 1 teaspoon without top;
- water - 2, 8 liters.
1. The “right” berries for the compote should be ripe and sweet. Overripe and damaged strawberries are immediately set aside. Tears are torn off, berries are washed under running water. Large specimens are cut into rugs, giants - into quarters. And small berries can be left whole.
2. Strawberries are poured into a prepared jar.
3. All sugar is poured out.
4. Throw citric acid.
5. The bank is put on a metal surface and poured boiling water. Water can be boiled in an electric kettle. The jar is rolled, turned over, covered with something warm.
6. The next day, the cooled compote is transferred to the cellar.
You will spend a little time, but the result will be amazing. This compote will retain a real “strawberry” smell. When the compote is sterilized in the usual way, the beneficial substances in the berries are slowly destroyed. The longer the boiling process, the less vitamins remain. “Quick roll-in” of strawberry compote with lemon preservative allows you to save almost all the necessary substances for the body. Compote is served chilled, providing a high glass with a cocktail tube. On the basis of it you can make berry and semolina mousse.