Cooking puff pastry is not the easiest culinary task, and this is exactly the case when lack of time and a little laziness outweigh the natural distrust of semi-finished products.
Therefore, for our cabbage puffs, we take ready-made dough, and prepare the stuffing ourselves — this is not difficult or long.
Cabbage can be prepared in advance, but it is better to bake puffs just before serving, as long as they are especially crispy and especially fragrant. To do this, calculate the time like this: defrosting the dough plus 15 minutes for the formation of buns, plus 20-25 minutes for baking.
- puff pastry - 1 sheet;
- cabbage - 300 g;
- tomato - 50 g;
- vegetable oil - 30 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Cooking time: 40 min., Number of servings - 10.
1. To begin with, it is necessary to cut off the required piece of weight from the head of cabbage, remove sluggish leaves from it, if any, and cut the cabbage into small and not too thick strips.
2. Then pour sunflower oil on the pan, put it on fire. Add there cabbage and tomato. The more tomato there is, the brighter the cabbage will be.
3. Simmer the cabbage until it is soft, but not fully cooked (no more than 15 minutes).
4. Puff pastry can be made by yourself, but here it is used already prepared. It must be defrosted and, having covered the table with flour, rolled out, but not too thin.
5. Then the puff pastry should be cut into medium-sized squares: the puffs will be as large as half of that square.
6. Put about a teaspoon of cabbage on the center of each square.
7. Carefully pinch the edges of each dough square and put it on a greased baking sheet. On each square to make small and shallow cutters - for beauty.
8. Bake the puffs in an oven heated to 200 degrees for about 20 minutes - until the dough rises and becomes red. Serve hot.