Compote of fresh pears will certainly appeal to both children and adults. It has a light, almost sour taste and a very pleasant, appetizing smell. In addition to the general benefits of compotes, pear compote is distinguished by astringent properties, so it can be used as a natural remedy to improve the bowels after poisoning. To get rich, rich compote, use more fruit per liter of water, and leave the compote to infuse for at least two to three hours.
- 1 kg of fresh pears;
- 150-200 g of sugar;
- 2 liters of purified water.
How to cook pear compote
1. The first step, as in any other recipe, is the preparation of the ingredients.
2. Pears are worth ripe, but rather dense. Pears selected for compote are thoroughly washed and cut in half. After that, completely remove the legs and seed pods of fruit. Cut into smaller pieces. If the pear is not peeled from the skin, then in the process of cooking the compote, it will most likely retain its shape and will not melt.
3. Place the sliced fruit in a saucepan and fill with water. When water boils, add sugar. Its amount depends on how sweet the pear variety has been chosen. Boil pear compote need 10-15 minutes.
4. We remove the finished compote from the stove and just leave it to cool. If you need to cool it quickly, you can put a hot pot in cold water. It is important to ensure that the water does not fall into the drink, otherwise it can spoil its taste.
5. Perfectly quench your thirst on a hot day a glass of homemade pear compote with the addition of ice cubes, and the fruit pieces from the drink will be enjoyed by children.