It is known that during heat treatment many berries lose some of their beneficial properties. For this reason, by preparing them for future use, the so-called “cold” jam is made of them or the fruits are frozen. In the first case, due to the large amount of sugar, the billet becomes high in calories and is not suitable for dietary nutrition. In the second case, the beneficial properties of the berries are preserved, but not all of them withstand such a procedure - some of them turn into puree. These include, in particular, red currant - a delicious, rich in vitamins, but with a delicate structure. Therefore, there is nothing better than to feast on fresh fruits at the time of harvest. However, a lot of them just do not eat. For this reason, thick berry cocktails are becoming increasingly popular among supporters of healthy eating. Red currant smoothie recipes take not the last place in their cooking bank. After all, such desserts have unique organoleptic qualities and at the same time are very useful.
Even a child can master the process of cooking red currant smoothies. However, there are several points that will make this berry a really tasty and healthy cocktail.
- Redcurrants sour quite quickly, so it is better to make a smoothie out of it the same day it was picked. Smoothie is also desirable immediately after cooking.
- Before cooking a smoothie, currants should be removed from the twigs and bruised to prevent spoiled berries or litter from entering the cocktail.
- Wash the red currant under a gentle stream of running water or dipping it into clean water in a colander. This allows you to maintain the integrity of the berries. Otherwise, they will turn into a puree mixed with water, so that the drink from them will turn out less saturated.
- It is recommended to dry the currants after washing. To do this, pour it on a towel that absorbs excess moisture.
- If you want to get a smoothie, having a soft texture, currants should be chopped separately, and then wipe through a sieve. After that, it can be connected to the other components.
- If you include red currant smoothies in your diet hoping to lose weight, choose cocktails that do not include sugar, ice cream, or other high-calorie foods. If your goal is to enjoy and saturate the body with vitamins, and the problem of overweight does not bother you, you can stop choosing any recipe.
- If the smoothie is not to drink, but to eat with a small spoon, saturation will come faster. In this case, you can replace the currant smoothie breakfast or one of the snacks.
Try to decorate cocktails before serving, it depends on how pleasant the use of currant smoothie is. After all, in fact, it can not only refresh and saturate with nutrients, but also give pleasure, lift your spirits and convince you that healthy eating is great!
Smoothies from red and black currants
- red currant - 0, 25 kg;
- black currant - 0, 25 kg;
- orange - 0, 2 kg;
- bananas - 0, 3 kg;
- unsweetened yogurt - 0, 3 l;
- milk - 150 ml;
- honey - 10 ml.
- Remove the currant from the twigs, sort and wash. Poured out on a towel, wait until it dries.
- Wash and blot an orange over the towel. Cut it in half and squeeze the juice out of it. The most convenient way to do this is using a citrus juicer. If there is no such unit at home, before you cut it, roll the orange on the table, pressing it down a little with your palm - after that you will be able to squeeze a lot more juice out of it manually than you expect.
- Peel bananas, cut into slices. If you want the smoothie to play the role of a soft drink, put the banana circles for half an hour into the freezer. If there is no time, then you can use crushed ice, but do not freeze bananas.
- Put berries in a jug of a blender, on them - slices of bananas. Pour them with liquid honey, pour with yogurt and milk.
- Beat the mixture, crushing currants and bananas at the same time.
- If desired, add a handful of crushed ice and whisk again.
It is better to serve the smoothies prepared according to this recipe until it is heated. When serving, it is appropriate to decorate it with a sprig of fresh mint or several berries of red currant.
Redcurrant smoothie with banana and ice cream
- red currant - 0, 4 kg;
- bananas - 0, 3 kg;
- yogurt - 0, 4 l;
- vanilla ice cream - 0, 35 kg;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- sugar (optional) - 10-20 g.
- Sort currants, rinse. After drying, chop the blender to a state of mashed potatoes and wipe it through a sieve.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into small pieces.
- Squeeze juice out of lemon and pour banana slices over it. Clean for half an hour in the freezer.
- Divide the ice cream into pieces with a spoon or knife. This will be made easier if you dip the cutlery in hot water.
- Place frozen bananas in a blender container, place ice cream on them.
- On top, pour everything with berry puree, then yogurt. If desired, add some sugar or caster sugar.
- Beat with a blender until smooth.
- Spread the smoothies over the ice cream bowls and serve as a dessert.
Made according to the above recipe, the smoothies are so tasty that hardly anyone can refuse it. Preparing such a treat in the summer would be a good idea. After all, it is very refreshing and at the same time satisfies hunger, besides it contains many vitamins, which will not be superfluous at any time of the year.
Redcurrant Smoothie with Peach
- red currant - 0, 35 kg;
- peaches - 0.5 kg;
- banana - 150 g;
- unsweetened yogurt - 0, 25 l;
- ground cardamom - at the tip of a knife;
- honey - to taste.
- Rinse the berries, tear them off from the branches, dry them, sprinkling them on a towel.
- Peel a banana, cut into cubes, put in a freezer for a while.
- Wash the peaches and dry with napkins. Cut, remove bones. Cut into small pieces. You need to use a sharp knife so that the fruit does not leak juice.
- First put the berries in the blender and chop them completely.
- Without taking out the berries, add a peach, chop it too.
- Enter the remaining ingredients (banana, yogurt). Do not forget to put spices and honey. Beat until smooth.
Smoothies for this recipe is juicy, fragrant and thick. You can drink it or eat with spoons - whatever you like.
Redcurrant, peach and blueberry smoothie
- peaches - 0, 3 kg;
- red currant - 100 g;
- blueberries (fresh or frozen) - 100 g;
- milk - 100 ml;
- honey - to taste;
- crushed ice - to taste.
- Currants, rinsing and sorting, dry.
- Carefully sort out the blueberries, wash them, let them dry, and put them in the freezer for a while. If you use an already frozen berry, it, on the contrary, must be removed from the freezer in advance, so that it can thaw out about half.
- Cleaned peeled peaches, cut flesh into cubes.
- Place red currants and peaches in the blender bowl, chop them.
- Add honey, pour in the milk and whisk it all together.
- Add frozen blueberries and ice to the cocktail. Whisk again.
Smoothies with peach and blueberries have a pleasant color, delicate aroma and unique taste. Its worth a try at least once.
Red currant smoothies are one of the best desserts that can be prepared in the summer with fresh berries. It is not only tasty, but also useful, so it is worth including in the diet of people who care about health.