Squash can be prepared in different ways. Many prefer to eat them in a fried form, but not everyone knows that they can be conserved for the winter. The result is a dish that is completely ready for use, tasty and cold and heated. Fried zucchini for the winter can be done in various ways, some recipes even allow you to do without sterilization. You will have to spend some amount of time and effort on frying vegetables, but otherwise the process of cooking savory snacks is not difficult. Fried zucchini well stand at room temperature, which is also an advantage of this unusual billet.
To prepare roasted zucchini for the winter, you need to stock up on time, since in order to get one half-liter jar of snacks, you will have to fry several pans of zucchini. But don't let that frighten you: otherwise, the process of preparing foods that have excellent organoleptic qualities is not complicated. Knowing some of the subtleties of technology, even an inexperienced cook will cope with the task.
- Young zucchini are better suited for harvesting in the winter in the form of a roast. They are good enough to wash, dry with a towel and cut into slices. Mature fruits will have to peel and seed, cut into quarters of rings or pieces of another shape. To fry such pieces takes much longer than mugs of young zucchini.
- Fry zucchini can be in flour or without breading - it all depends on the selected recipe. Some recipes allow the use of any of these options to choose from. Almost according to all recipes, zucchini can be not fried in oil, but baked, but preserved oil will still be used for preservation, so the dietary dish does not work out.
- Fried zucchini when filling cans with them is usually shifted with chopped garlic and greens, other vegetables. It is convenient to prepare all the components in advance, and then fill the jars.
- Banks under fried zucchini must be washed and sterilized. Sometimes additional sterilization of snack cans is required. They can be sterilized in hot water or in the oven. The method of sterilization does not matter, time depends on the volume of cans and the selected recipe.
- Banks with canned food must be tightened with metal lids, pre-boiled, turned over and wrapped. Cooling in the conditions of a steam bath, canned food undergo additional sterilization.
Fried zucchini can be kept closed for the winter in the closet and in any other cool room, although they will not spoil for a long time at room temperature.
Marinated roasted zucchini without sterilization
The composition (0, 5 l):
- zucchini - 0, 65 kg;
- olive oil - 100 ml;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- lemon juice - 50 ml;
- hot peppers - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- salt - 5 g;
- a mixture of dried herbs - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Zucchini cut into circles about 1 cm thick. Fry on both sides in oil. Fry mugs zucchini need small batches, laying on the pan in one layer. Turn the vegetables over to the other side, when they become translucent, on the other side they need to fry 1-1, 5 minutes.
- When the squash is ready (or even better before that), sterilize the jar and the metal lid that fits it.
- Pass the garlic through the press.
- Pepper seeds, finely chop with a knife, combine with garlic.
- Add salt, dried herbs and lemon juice to the hot mixture. Dilute it with boiled water.
- Place the container with the mixture on a low heat. Bring to a boil and heat, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Fill the jar with roasted zucchini.
- Fill the zucchini with hot marinade.
- Roll up the can, flip over, wrap.
The next day, you can rearrange the snack in a pantry or other place where supplies are stored in your house for the winter. The dish for this recipe turns out fragrant, with a savory taste.
Fried zucchini with garlic and greens for the winter
The composition (1, 5 l):
- zucchini - 2 kg;
- garlic - 14-16 cloves;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 50 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- fresh greens (parsley, basil, celery) - 80-100 g;
- salt - 15 g;
- Flour (optional) - as required.
Method of preparation:
- Zucchini cut into circles with a thickness of from 1 to 1, 5 cm. Fat, leave for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Roll zucchini in flour and fry until tender.
- Finely chop the garlic with a knife or chop with a special press.
- Wash greens, pour boiling water, let it dry and chop finely.
- Heat the remaining oil after roasting zucchini, mix it with greens.
- Prepare the jars. They need to be washed with soda and sterilized, lids are suitable for them to boil.
- Spread oil with greens on the cans.
- Fill jars with roasted zucchini, sprinkling them with chopped garlic.
- Lightly tamp the courgettes so that they are completely covered with butter.
- Pour vinegar into cans, cover them with prepared lids.
- At the bottom of the pan lay a towel, put a can on it. Pour water into the pan so that it reaches the shoulders of the cans.
- Put the pan on a slow fire. After boiling water in a saucepan, sterilize the jars for 20-30 minutes, depending on their volume.
- Carefully remove the cans from the water and roll them up. Put on the covers, cover with a blanket.
In the morning, cans with snacks can be rearranged to the place where you plan to store them until winter. These canned foods do not require special storage conditions.
Fried zucchini in tomato sauce
Composition (1 l):
- zucchini - 1 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- hot peppers - 1-2 pcs .;
- salt - 10 g;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 20 ml;
- sugar - 5 g;
- parsley, dill, pepper mixture (optional) - to taste;
- vegetable oil - how much will be needed for roasting zucchini.
Method of preparation:
- Wash zucchini, blot with paper towel. Cut into pieces as thick as your finger.
- Fry zucchini in hot oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. It is not necessary to make them soft.
- Peel onions, cut into small pieces, put in the oil remaining after roasting zucchini. Pass until soft.
- Dip the tomatoes with boiling water, peel, cut the flesh into slices or cubes, put to the onion, stew for 5 minutes.
- Peel the seeds, finely chop the pepper, add to the tomato paste. Continue to warm it for 5 minutes.
- Crush the tomato mass with a blender, combine it with finely chopped greens, passed through a press with garlic, sugar and vinegar. While stirring, bring to a boil.
- At the bottom of the prepared half-liter cans pour in a spoonful of sauce.
- Fill the jars with roasted zucchini, spreading 2 tablespoons of tomato paste on each layer. The top should be the sauce.
- Cover the jars with lids, put in the oven. Heat it to 100 degrees and sterilize the jars for 20 minutes. If you prepare a snack in a one-liter jar, the sterilization time will have to be increased to 40 minutes.
- Allow the jars to cool slightly, take out of the oven, roll up. After cooling, hide in the pantry.
An appetizer made according to this recipe tastes like “Teschin tongue”, but it turns out to be even more delicious. Fans of spicy dishes will surely appreciate it.
Fried zucchini for the winter can be prepared with garlic and herbs, lemon marinade or tomato sauce, according to other recipes. The taste of the snack may be different, but in any case it will turn out juicy and appetizing, capable of taking a worthy place on the festive table.