Before you is a simple way how to cook a delicious and healthy compote of apples and plums for the winter. In general, homemade compotes should always occupy a separate shelf in your pantry, as it is an excellent alternative to all sorts of shop drinks, which can not boast of naturalness and benefits. And if there are children in the family, then even more so it is necessary to prepare compotes for the winter, the most diverse, but always tasty and unusual. Ripe or even slightly over-ripe fruits are suitable for compote. The amount of sugar depends on their sweetness, but you can’t do without it, because it acts as a preservative, like citric acid.
List of ingredients:
- 1 kg of plums;
- 1 kg of apples;
- 800 g sugar;
- 0, 5 tsp. citric acid;
- 6 liters of water.
1. The recipe uses Renklod variety, ripe and sweet, as well as a small amount of sweet-sour plum (cherry plum). Plums need to sort out and leave the whole, not spoiled and not rotten fruit. Tails and leaves need to be removed, the bones do not need to be removed.
2. Wash the apples and remove the seed box, cut into slices or small pieces.
3. Put the prepared plums and apple slices into a suitable saucepan, with a capacity of more than 7 liters.
4. Pour sugar and citric acid into the pan. Instead of acid, you can take half a lemon, squeeze the juice, cut it into pieces and send them to the pan.
5. Fill the ingredients with water and set on fire. After boiling, boil on low heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring constantly to make sure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
6. Cans for canning compote need to be sterilized over steam, scald the lid with boiling water. Pour the plum-apple compote for the winter on the banks and roll up. Tilt the cans with the compote with the lids down and wrap with a blanket until it cools completely. Keep the workpiece better in a cool, dry and dark place.