Every housewife wants to cook a memorable and colorful dish on the holiday table. The whole bird carcass looks impressive. Despite the fact that the duck can be easily purchased, it still belongs to the delicacy bird. It is necessary to submit a roasted duck - and saliva is already filling the mouth. That's just to cook this dish is not so simple.
You need to choose the right carcass:
- The duck must be fresh. This can be determined by the elasticity of the meat and the condition of the skin, the skin should also be clean (without bruises and redness), and the smell should remain neutral.
- The weight of the duck should be at least 1, 5 kg, maximum - 2, 5 kg.
- The most tender meat in ducks of meat breed at the age of 2 months.
- It is necessary to trim the wings along the joint, and you should also get rid of your ass in order to avoid an unpleasant smell.
- Sweet and aromatic foods such as apples, oranges, mushrooms, etc. are suitable for ducks.
- You should always defrost a bird before cooking and searing hemp, if any.
- To keep the duck juicy, you need to use deep dishes with foil or a roasting sleeve. And for browning of the crust, you can remove the foil or cut the sleeve 20 minutes before being ready.
As with any other meat, the taste may differ depending on whether it is marinated or not. Marinating infiltrates the bird entirely, which means there will not be a single tasteless piece. Types of marinades:
- Mayonnaise, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf, a little lemon juice.
- Orange peel and juice, salt, pepper.
- Table wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Honey, orange juice, salt, pepper.
You can also use a universal marinade of water, salt and sugar, it is suitable for any meat. Pickling time - from 1-2 hours, but if you have plenty of time, you can leave the bird in the marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
- You need to put the duck in the oven preheated to 250 ° C, and after half an hour reduce it to 180-200 ° C.
- For a beautiful crust and juicy meat, do not forget to water the carcass with the released fat.
- Duck cooking time - 40-45 minutes per 1 kg of weight + 20 minutes for browning. The young duck will cook much faster.
- To ensure the readiness of the dish, you can pierce the skin in the thickest place, and if clear juice flows, then the duck is ready.
Baked duck with apples
One of the most popular recipes is duck stuffed with apples. The combination of meat and sweet and sour apples is great for the holiday table. List of ingredients:
- ginger or garlic - 40 g;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- apples - 2 pcs .;
- vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- pepper - to taste.
In order for the duck not to remain raw, it can be boiled for 25 minutes. After cooking, let the bird cool and dry. Inside, wipe with paper towels. Now you can start cooking.
- Grate the duck with salt, garlic and vegetable oil and let it salt in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Place the sliced apples inside the duck. Leftover apples can be mixed with potatoes and put under the duck.
- Put the duck in the oven in the sleeve or in a deep-sealed form with foil for 1, 5 hours at 200 ° C.
Old Russian duck
Fried duck is cooked in our country since ancient times. The sleeve and foil appeared not so long ago, so what were they replaced before? Duck baked in an envelope of dough. This method is not inferior to modern appliances, and baked dough can be used instead of bread.
First you need to prepare the carcass - soak it in cold water for 2 hours. Looking for ingredients:
- duck - 1, 5 kg;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- pepper to taste;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 300 g;
- water - glass.
The sequence of cooking:
- Grate the carcass with garlic, salt, pepper and vegetable oil, you can also chop it in thick places with sliced garlic.
- Put the duck in a deep pan and let it stand.
- For dough, simply mix the flour with water and salt, knead and roll into a thin layer.
- Wrap duck dough, pinch edges and push them under the carcass.
- Put the duck in the oven heated to 180 ° C for 1, 5 hours.
- After 1, 5 hours, remove the ready dough, pour the carcass with the extracted juice and send to the oven for another 30 minutes.
Duck according to the old Russian recipe is ready. Cut it and serve with a baked crust of dough. Such a recipe will delight guests and is suitable for both holidays and for everyday life.