Choux pastry is suitable not only for sweet cream cakes, but also for salty stuffing. Small choux pastry buns with savory fillers are called profiteroles and are served as a snack.
For the test:
- water - 1 tbsp .;
- butter - 90 g;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- eggs - 4-5 pcs .;
- flour - 160 g.
For the filling:
- potatoes - 1 pc .;
- cheese - 50 g;
For custard baking, in addition to the correct proportions of ingredients, temperature is important cooking. In order for it to rise well, and large cavities for the filling are formed inside, you need to put the pan with the dough in a well heated oven. Since the dough itself is prepared quickly, we start cooking by warming the oven to 220 degrees.
1. Meanwhile, put a saucepan with water on the fire, add salt and butter and bring the water to a boil.
2. Remove the saucepan from the boiling water from the heat and add milk to the water, quickly stirring it with a spatula. Should get a tight com.
3. Return the saucepan to the fire, turning it down to almost the minimum, and keep the dough on the fire for a few minutes, constantly stirring. It should be smooth.
4. Remove the dough from the heat, now finally, cool it for 5 minutes and begin to add eggs. This stage is the most important in the preparation of the dough, as success will depend on the consistency. Too thin batter will spread out and baking will turn out thin and shapeless, and thick dough will not rise properly. Therefore, we drive eggs one by one, well stirring the dough after each.
5. The final consistency should be like on a photo or a bit thinner.
6. We spread the dough on a baking sheet covered with parchment, using a spoon or a cooking syringe.
7. Put in a hot oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and bake until profiteroles become golden in color.
We take them out of the oven and immediately cut a hole in each hole for steam to come out.
8. Grate grated potatoes for the filling, mix with grated cheese, salt and put in the microwave to melt the cheese.
9. Fill each piece with a small amount of filling. If desired, you can also add red fish, shrimps, crab sticks, mushrooms, pieces of juicy vegetables or fruits to the filling.