Pike perch is a predatory ray-worm fish belonging to the perch family. The main habitat of this species is freshwater reservoirs of Asia and Eastern Europe. When living in favorable natural conditions, pike perches grow up to 130 cm in length and gain up to 18 kg of weight. However, most often in the catches there are individuals not more than 65 cm long and weighing up to 3.5 kg.
Pike-boats have a long body compressed from sides, completely covered with small scales, and a pointed elongated head. On the jaw and palatine bones of fish there are many small teeth and several sharp and large canines. The back of the pike perch has a grayish-green color, the abdomen is completely white. On the sides of the fish are up to 12 vertical stripes of black or dirty-brown color. The tail and dorsal fins are covered with many small dark spots.
The pike perch is a valuable object of hunting and sport hunting. Fish meat is dried, dried, fried, boiled, baked, stewed and smoked. In addition, from the perch prepare delicious burgers, pies, soups, aspic, kebabs, salads, hot and cold snacks.
Vitamins in perch and its nutritional value
Nutritional value of pike perch (per 100 g of fish):
- 18, 344 g of proteins;
- 1, 094 g of fat;
- 1, 294 g of ash;
- 59, 144 mg of cholesterol;
- 0, 088 g of omega-3;
- 0, 037 g omega-6;
- 79, 106 g of water.
Vitamins in Sudak (per 100 g of fish):
- 9,844 μg of retinol equivalent (A);
- 18, 974 µg of folate (B9);
- 1,773 mg of tocopherol equivalent (E);
- 0, 187 mg of pyridoxine (B6);
- 2, 914 mg of ascorbic acid (C);
- 0, 108 mg of riboflavin (B2);
- 5, 094 mg of niacin equivalent (PP);
- 076 mg of thiamine (B1).
The caloric value of 100 g of raw perch is 83, 871 kcal. During culinary and heat treatment, the energy value of this fish may increase:
- when cooking - up to 97, 003 kcal;
- with hot or cold smoked - up to 87, 698 kcal;
- when extinguishing - up to 112, 484 kcal;
- when roasting - up to 129, 697 kcal;
- with drying and drying - up to 178, 811 kcal.
The calorie content of zander, canned in tomato sauce, is 118, 711 kcal. In the ear of this fish contains only 21, 388 kcal.
Useful items in perch composition
Trace elements in Sudak (in servings of fish weighing 100 g):
- 0, 494 mg of iron;
- 109, 607 µg of copper;
- 4, 788 mcg of iodine;
- 29, 308 μg of fluorine;
- 3, 976 mcg of molybdenum;
- 19,827 mcg cobalt;
- 54, 906 mcg of chromium;
- 5, 846 μg of nickel;
- 0, 668 mg of zinc;
- 0, 048 mg of manganese.
Macroelements in perch (per 100 g):
- 279, 807 mg of potassium;
- 229, 974 mg of phosphorus;
- 34, 996 mg of sodium;
- 34, 788 mg of calcium;
- 187, 566 mg of sulfur;
- 49, 417 mg of chlorine;
- 24, 702 mg of magnesium.
Useful properties of zander
- Pike perch meat is a dietary product with a minimum fat content (not more than 1, 1%). People who want to get rid of excess weight, can safely include it in their diet.
- Pike perch fillet contains up to 18, 5% protein, in which 8 essential and 12 essential amino acids are present. Athletes and manual workers can use this product as a source of easily digestible protein.
- Pike perch is very sensitive to changes in water quality. With any deterioration of the ecological situation, this fish instantly leaves the polluted part of the reservoir. Due to this, its meat never accumulates substances that can have a negative impact on the work of the human body.
- Pike perch is rich in compounds that strengthen the nervous system. With regular consumption of dishes prepared from it, the risk of developing somnological diseases, depressions and neuroses is reduced, and increased irritability disappears.
- The substances in this fish are capable of stabilizing the level of sugar in the blood. People who include this product in their diet at least once a week are less susceptible to the development of diabetes.
- Vitamins of group B, which are rich in pike perch fillets, contribute to the activation of metabolic processes and the elimination of minor metabolic failures in the human body.
- The meat of this fish is rich in phosphorus, calcium and fluorine - substances that have a positive effect on the state of bone tissue. With the inclusion of dishes prepared on its basis in the diet of the child reduces the risk of rickets.
- Potassium and magnesium, present in the pike perch fillet, strengthen the heart muscle and vascular walls, thereby preventing the development of cardiac diseases.
- The composition of dishes prepared on the basis of this fish includes a whole complex of substances that increase the body's immune defense. People who regularly include them in their menus are least susceptible to colds and infections.
- Pike perch contains cobalt and other substances that normalize the work of the pancreas, digestive tract, liver and organs of the urinary system.
- Iodine contained in the pike perch fillet helps to prevent the development of thyroid diseases, activates the brain, creates optimal conditions in the body for the mental, sexual and physical development of the child.
- Iron and other substances found in the composition of the pike perch activate the work of the hematopoietic system, regulate the processes of blood clotting.
- The dishes made from this fish fillet contain a complex of compounds that help remove excess moisture, cholesterol, toxins, poisons, heavy metals, radionuclides and slags from the body.
- Pike perch fillet is a rich source of retinol responsible for the normal functioning of the visual apparatus. Regular consumption of dishes prepared on the basis of this fish helps to increase visual acuity.
- Vitamin E and other antioxidants present in the product in question protect cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. This reduces the risk of tumor neoplasms in the tissues of the body, slows down the processes that cause its aging.
- With regular inclusion of zander and dishes based on it into the diet, the risk of early gray hair is reduced, the condition of the hair improves, and their growth is activated. The skin becomes supple and elastic, it looks young and fresh.
- Caviar and caviar milks are used to make rejuvenating and nourishing face masks.
Contraindications and zander damage
- The main contraindication to the consumption of pike perch is individual intolerance. People who have previously been diagnosed with allergies to other fish or seafood, should be careful when included in the diet of this product.
- Pike perch is highly susceptible to infestation by parasites. Therefore, any dishes that include this fish must be thoroughly cooked.