Home-made drinks - juices, compotes, fruit drinks are always an excellent alternative to shopping drinks, that is, it is better to preserve the compote of blue grapes for the winter with your own hands, rather than buy it in the store. By the way, autumn blue grapes need quite a bit of sugar for preservation, because it is sweet enough by itself, and it will be stored due to the high content of fruit acids. However, if suddenly the rules of conservation were grossly violated and after a while you saw that the lid on the bank was swollen - pour out the compote, without hesitation. Drinking it is not something that is not useful, but also dangerous.
Ingredients for 5 liters of finished compote:
- 1 kg of blue grapes;
- 200 g of sugar;
- 4 liters of water.
1. Grapes must be fresh, not spoiled and not fermented right inside the grapes.
2. Tear off the grapes from the grapes, throwing away the spoiled and dry berries. Make sure that dry leaves, twigs, insects and other debris do not fall into the pan. Putting the grapes in the pan, several times add water to half and mix the grapes with your hand - all the garbage will float to the surface. You can wash the grapes in a colander, but in this case, large-sized garbage will remain in the colander.
3. Pour sugar in a suitable container.
4. Add the right amount of water and put the pot on the fire. Bring to a boil and make less fire. Stir for 5-7 minutes. All sugar should be dissolved. In parallel with cooking compote need to sterilize the jars. It is best to use a container with a capacity of 1 liter, but if the family is large and everyone likes to be treated with compote, then you can roll up in a 3-liter jar.
5. Now pour the finished hot grape compote over the cans, all the way to the top. Roll up or screw down with sterile caps. For additional sterilization, tilt the jars with the lids down and cover with a blanket until it is completely cool.
6. It is possible to preserve not all brewed compote, a part can be left for tasting. Keep the blanks in a cool dark place.