What could be more delicious than juicy, fragrant meatballs in tomato gravy? Perfectly in harmony with the meatballs with vegetables in the oven with a side dish of boiled rice, mashed potatoes. Such meatballs are suitable for both adults and children's menu. Vegetable component here - onions and carrots. However, you can diversify the taste of meatballs with zucchini, mushrooms, sweet pepper - at will.
If you are using lean meat (breast) for meatballs, be sure to add a piece of bacon. Or use chicken goulash.
List of ingredients:
- 1 carrot,
- 1 onion,
- 500 g chicken fillet,
- 150 g boiled rice,
- 1 chicken egg,
- 1 tsp. spices,
- 1, 5 tbsp. l salt,
- 2 tbsp. l frying oils,
- 2 tbsp. l tomato paste
- 350 ml of water.
1. Scrape carrot, peel onion, wash chicken fillet or goulash. Cut vegetables and meat into medium pieces and send them into the bowl of the combine. You can also use a meat grinder. Twist the vegetables with chicken until minced.
2. Add the chicken egg, salt, and spices to the bowl and twist everything again. Put the minced meat with vegetables in a bowl.
3. Cook long rice in salted water. Put it in a bowl with minced meat and mix.
4. Grease the pan with vegetable oil and heat it. It is better to form meatballs with wet hands. Meat balls do not need to be made too large, about 5-6 cm in diameter. Spread them in the pan and fry on one side over low heat for 4 minutes.
5. Use a spatula to turn the meatballs to the other side and fry for another 3 minutes.
6. Crimped meatballs shift into a deep baking dish. In this recipe used cast iron "duck".
7. Mix tomato paste with water, you can add here also sour cream, spices (bay leaf, ground pepper, bell pepper). If you have borschevaya refueling or adjika, you can use them. Send the form to an oven preheated to 200 degrees and soak the meatballs there for half an hour. The lid can be opened 5 minutes before the end of baking.
Meatballs with vegetables in the oven are ready, you can serve them immediately, as they say, from the heat, with the heat. Complete the dish with a sprig of fresh herbs, fresh vegetables or pickles.