Red cabbage is a close relative of white, but it differs from it not only in coloring, but also in taste. In its beautiful maroon-purple leaves less juice, and in salads, it is better combined with soft, delicate foods - with beans, potatoes, mushrooms, cauliflower.
Just remember that this variety does not tolerate intense heat treatment - firstly, the color turns out, to put it mildly, original, and secondly, the leaves quickly soften and turn into porridge.
Well, this salad from red cabbage, crackers and beans can be served even to the holiday table.
- red cabbage - 200 g;
- red beans - 100 g;
- crackers - 30 g;
- pepper, seasonings, salt - to taste;
- mayonnaise - 50 g.
Cooking time: 10 min, number of servings: 1
1. Wash the head of red cabbage well, let it dry for a while, then cut a piece of the required size from it, remove the top sheets from it and cut it into small and not thick strips.
2. Put the cabbage in a bowl in which the salad will be cooked. Cabbage slightly mash.
3. Red beans must first be soaked in water, preferably overnight. After that, if you wish, remove the husk that has moved away from it and put it to boil. Boil the beans until tender, cool and add to the cabbage.
4. Open the pack with any crackers and add to the salad. Crackers should be chosen with some kind of neutral flavor. They can also be made independently by cutting bread into thin small strips and drying it in the oven.
5. Season salad with mayonnaise or sour cream. Another option for dressing such a salad is a natural unsweetened yoghurt without additives.
6. Put the finished salad in a plate, decorate with greens and serve.