Pike perch is a dietary and healthy fish, it prepares quickly, is popular with those who follow a diet. Pike perch filler is an excellent meal for dinner, because there are few calories in it and you can cook it in one breath, in just 25 minutes. However, be prepared for the fact that the indentation freezes with the addition of gelatin to the broth - 30-50 minutes, and without gelatin - about 2 hours, so create it in advance. By the way, this dish will look great both on the holiday table and on weekdays. If your aspic will be eaten by the children, then before putting the pieces of fish into bowls, select all the bones from them.
You will need:
- 2-3 pieces of zander, weighing about 350 g;
- 15 g of gelatin;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 3 pinches of salt;
- 2 pinches of ground black pepper;
- 1, 5 tbsp. hot water;
- 2-3 bay leaves;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 8-10 pcs. peas black pepper.
1. If you have the opportunity to purchase already cleaned, chopped and washed pieces of zander, packed in a dense container in a supermarket, then use it. If not, choose when buying only live fish, do not hesitate to look under her gills. Clean it, remove the insides from the abdomen and rinse several times. Cut into portions. Peel the vegetables and rinse them as well. Cut the onion into two halves, and chop the carrot into large slices. Place the sliced vegetable together with the pieces of zander in a deep container: a cauldron, a saucepan.
2. Pour salt, bay leaves and black peppercorns. Do not replace black pepper with fragrant - it will change the flavor of the dish. Peel and add garlic cloves cut in half - they will remove the peculiar smell of river fish. Pour in water and boil the contents of the container for 20-25 minutes, periodically removing the foam with a spoon or skimmer.
3. As soon as the fish is boiled, drain the broth from the container into the cup through a strainer or a double layer of gauze. Pour gelatin into it, stir and let it swell for 5-8 minutes. Then stir again until complete dissolution - the broth must be hot, otherwise the gelatin will not stir in it.
4. Put the boiled vegetables and fish pieces in prepared containers or containers. Do not forget to add to them fresh herbs, for example: celery, dill, parsley.
5. Pour broth with gelatin and sprinkle with ground black pepper or other spices to your taste. Put it in the fridge and wait for it to solidify.
6. Remove the filler from the pike perch and feed it to the table chilled. The perfect duet for such a cold dish will be beet horseradish.