Nutritionists regularly warn that drinking large quantities of sugary carbonated beverages adversely affects one’s health and shape. However, this has nothing to do with homemade lemonade. Shop soda is made from flavors with a significant addition of sugar or cheap sweeteners. Lemonade at home is made from fruit juices, natural extracts, herbs and moderate amounts of sugar or other syrup. It refreshes, quenches thirst and saturates the body with vitamins, charging with energy and lifting the mood. This drink is to learn how to make every hostess.
Having mixed lemon juice, water and sugar, you will get a pleasant tasting drink, but it will remind real lemonade only remotely. To make a homemade drink tasty, fragrant and healthy, you need to know a few things.
- Use only fresh and high-quality fruit for lemonade.
- Wash them thoroughly with a brush and soap, always in warm or even hot water. This is the only way you can remove wax that manufacturers often cover with lemons, apples and other fruits to give them a presentation.
- Use only fresh juice for lemonade. Store products are less useful and may contain excess sugar, preservatives and other low-grade substances.
- Pure sugar is rarely added to lemonade - usually syrup is first made from it. Sugar syrup can be replaced by fruit, berry.
- For the preparation of lemonade, it is better to use not ordinary boiled water, but softened, then it will have a more subtle taste. You can make lemonade and mineral water, but only the dining room, and not medical. It can be carbonated or without gas.
- Homemade lemonade is served chilled; it will not hurt to additionally put ice cubes in a decanter and glasses.
- You should not keep homemade lemonade for a long time even in the refrigerator: it does not contain artificial preservatives, it deteriorates quickly. It is better to drink a drink during the day when it was prepared.
Traditionally, lemonade is a drink made from lemons, but today this category also includes coolants made from other fruits. Therefore, there are quite a few recipes for lemonade, which can be prepared at home.
Plain lemonade (American style)
- lemons - 0, 5 kg;
- filtered water - 1, 5 l;
- sugar - 100-150 g;
- ice cubes - to taste.
- Wash the lemons by carefully rubbing them with a brush. Using a citrus juicer, squeeze the juice out of them. Leave one fruit or at least half of it to decorate glasses.
- Pour sugar into a small saucepan, pour an incomplete glass of water (approximately 180-200 ml) to it.
- Place the container of sugar on a low heat and heat its contents, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved in water.
- Pour sugar syrup into another container and cool to at least room temperature. While the sugar syrup cools, cool the water and lemon juice in the refrigerator.
- Drain all three main ingredients of lemonade into a capacious container, mix well.
- Pour ice cubes into the carafe, fill it with prepared lemonade.
Ice cubes are placed in glasses before filling them with a soft drink. The glasses themselves are decorated with round lemon slices. If you want your lemonade to turn out quite the way America likes to drink, it is advisable to replace sugar syrup in its composition with maple.
- fresh mint - 100 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- lemon juice - 0, 2-0, 25 l;
- lemon peel - from 2 lemons;
- water - 1 l;
- ice cubes - to taste.
- Wash the sprigs of mint. Peel the leaves, cut the stems into fragments of 0.5-1 cm.
- Fold the mint leaves in a small scoop or pan. Add sugar, mint with it.
- Wash the lemons, dry them with a napkin. Cut a thin layer of zest from the fruit. Try not to grab the white layer between the peel and lemon pulp, otherwise the drink will have a bitter taste. Put the zest to the mint.
- Add a glass of water, stir.
- Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 5-10 minutes after boiling the liquid.
- Strain the mint syrup, put it in the fridge for a while.
- At the same time cool the remaining water and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- When the ingredients have cooled, put them together and mix. Pour into a decanter, a third filled with ice cubes.
When served, mint lemonade is decorated with lemon slices and mint sprigs. This lemonade recipe is often called Turkish.
In a similar way, you can make lemonade with tarragon, but you need to take it 1, 5-2 times less than mint, and it is desirable to replace the lemon with lime.
- lemons - 0, 3 kg;
- water - 1 l;
- sugar - 20-40 g;
- fresh mint - 10 g;
- ginger root - 30 g.
- Peel the ginger root, chop on a grater, put it into a saucepan or other container.
- Peel mint leaves, rinse them, and put them in to the ginger.
- Fill mint and ginger with clean hot water, leave to infuse in a cool place for an hour.
- Wash and dry the lemons with a towel, cut them into round slices, fold them into a bowl and cover with sugar. Ceil and leave for at least half an hour.
- Water infused with mint and ginger, strain and pour lemon over it. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Filter lemonade. Pour it into a glass jug filled with ice cubes.
This recipe for lemonade will appeal to those who follow the figure. It turns out almost quite savory, well quenches thirst and invigorates. Lemon saturates the body with vitamins, which is very important for people on a diet. Ginger strengthens the immune system and speeds up the metabolism, which is also not superfluous for those seeking to lose weight.
- oranges - 0, 3 kg;
- lemons - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 1, 5-2 l;
- sugar - 80-100 g;
- cinnamon - to taste.
- Wash citrus fruits well, blot them with a napkin. Cut in half.
- Using a citrus juicer, get juice from oranges and lemons. Cut the zest, separating the white layer from it.
- Dissolve sugar in a glass of warm water, add the zest.
- Put a piece of cinnamon, put on fire.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Allow to cool to room temperature, then strain.
- Pour ice cubes into a jug, pour in syrup, then orange-lemon juice, then ice water. Stir.
The bright aroma of this drink and its optimistic color will appeal to both adults and children.
Cinnamon Lemonade with Rose Hip Syrup
- ground chicory - 40 g;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- sugar - 80 g;
- rosehip syrup - 50-60 ml;
- pure non-carbonated water - 0, 2 l;
- carbonated drinking water - 1, 5 l.
- Boil non-carbonated water, brew chicory for it. Add sugar, mix.
- When the beverage has cooled to room temperature, strain it through gauze folded in several layers. Mix with rosehip syrup and squeezed lemon juice.
- Pour into ice cubes decanter, fill it with sparkling water.
According to taste and color, the drink will resemble a Coke, but it will be much more useful than it. The similarity will be even more impressive if you replace half of the rose hip syrup in the recipe with blueberry syrup.
Lemonade at home can be prepared not only from lemons, but also from other fruits and berries. A homemade drink is as refreshing and refreshing as a storey drink, but more tasty and healthy. It contains only natural ingredients, and you can adjust the amount of sugar in it to your taste.