Dzadziki (tzatziki) sauce belongs to Greek cuisine, it is quite popular and is added to many salads, served with meat and fish dishes, and seafood. It has a light, pleasant taste, a light savory aftertaste. It is also prepared easily. Various fresh herbs can be added to the sauce, such as parsley or dill. The basis of the sauce is Greek yogurt, however, it is quite possible to replace it with ordinary yogurt or sour cream (the sauce will be fatter). It is mandatory to add fresh cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic to the sauce.
List of ingredients:
- 1 fresh cucumber,
- 5 tbsp. l sour cream (yogurt),
- 3 cloves of garlic,
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil,
- 2 tbsp. l lemon juice,
- fresh greens as desired.
1. Wash fresh cucumber and trim the tips. Check that the vegetable is not bitter. If the skin is hard, it can be cut off. Then rub the cucumber in a suitable deep dish.
2. Peel and chop the garlic cloves into small cubes. You can skip them through a special press.
3. Add a few spoons of sour cream of any fat content to the bowl. Even if it is thick, it will become liquid because of cucumber, lemon juice and oil.
4. Now add lemon juice and olive oil. If there is no olive oil available, it is quite possible to replace it with any other vegetable oil, but the oil should not have a strong odor, such as, for example, unrefined sunflower oil. You can take sesame or sunflower refined, corn.
5. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl — the tzatziki sauce is ready. Before serving, sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs. You can even submit it to a snack, for example, to french fries or chips.