Puff pastry buns with savory fillings are a great option for a quick and tasty snack. Puffs with ham and cheese can be served with tea, coffee or as an independent snack. They are juicy, they are nice and comfortable to eat. Prepare this dish in a hurry, if you use the purchased dough or prepare a flour basis for these pies with your own hands in advance. For this purpose, both yeast and yeast-free puff pastry is suitable, but its appearance will affect the appearance and taste of the finished buns. Each option is good in its own way and has its admirers.
The complexity of making ham and cheese puffs depends on what kind of dough you are going to use for them. Homemade is prepared for a long time, and this process requires a certain culinary skill. Even an aspiring cook will easily make buns from a ready-made puff pastry, and the result will not disappoint him if he knows and takes a few moments into account.
- For the filling, you can use ham from different types of meat, hard, melted or other cheese. It is only important that the products are fresh and of high quality, otherwise the result may not meet your expectations.
- Products for filling puffs can be cut into thin slices, stacked on each other, or crushed more strongly. If hard cheese is included, it is usually coarsely rubbed, and then ham is cut into cubes or straws.
- To make the puff more juicy, you can add a bit of ketchup or mayonnaise to the filling. Greens will make the filling more fragrant.
- When choosing a puff dough, keep in mind that yeast dough usually contains less butter than yeast-free dough, and therefore it turns out to be a little less high-calorie. However, products from yeast-free dough come out more layered and less likely to cause such unpleasant consequences as heartburn.
- Store puff pastry is rarely made from natural butter, and spreads and margarine are not considered healthy products. That is why some housewives prefer to use homemade dough, despite the fact that the process of its preparation takes a lot of time.
- When preparing dough for puffs at home, choose high-quality flour for them and be sure to sift it before use. Do not violate the recommendations regarding the temperature of the ingredients used and do not reduce the time required to stand between the dough and the number of such doughs, otherwise the dough will not exfoliate.
- You need to bake puffs at a temperature of 200-220 degrees. The oven must be preheated before placing the buns in it. It is not possible to open the oven door when baking puffs. Ready puff will be in 15-20 minutes.
If you want the puffs to turn out to be rosy, they are smeared with a raw egg before baking. Also, patties with ham and cheese are often sprinkled with poppy, sesame, flax seeds.
Puffs stuffed with ham and cheese from homemade yeast dough
- wheat flour - 0, 35 kg;
- butter or margarine - 100 g;
- salt - 3 g;
- sugar - 10 g;
- dry high-speed yeast - 5 g;
- milk - 100 ml;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- flax seeds - 20 g;
- ham - 0, 2 kg;
- semi-hard cheese - 0, 2 kg;
- green onions - 50 g;
- mayonnaise - 40 ml.
- Sift the flour, measure 300 g and mix with yeast, sugar and salt.
- Cut the cooled butter into small chunks, spread on flour. Chop it in different directions with a knife until you get flour crumbs.
- Break one egg in a bowl, add milk to it, whisk it with a whisk.
- Make a well in the flour heap, pour the milk-egg mixture into it, knead the dough.
- Put the dough in a bag and hide it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Cut ham into cubes the size of a pea or slightly larger.
- Cut the cheese into slices of the same shape and size.
- Put the cheese and ham in a clean bowl.
- Wash green onions, let it dry, finely chop with a knife, send to ham and cheese.
- Add mayonnaise to ground products, mix.
- Sprinkle flour on the work surface of the table, lay out the dough on it, roll it into a rectangle about 3-4 mm thick.
- Cover the dough with stuffing, stepping back a little from the edges, and roll it up.
- Cut the roll into 8-10 pieces, spread out on a baking sheet, after placing a sheet of parchment on it.
- Break the remaining egg into a cup and whisk. Grease them buns. Sprinkle them with flax seeds and send for 15–20 minutes to an oven preheated to 200 degrees.
Buns for this recipe are bright and appetizing, outwardly a little resembling rosebuds.
Puffs with ham and cheese filling from homemade yeast-free dough
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg;
- butter or margarine - 0, 25 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- vodka - 20 ml (can be replaced with water);
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 10 ml;
- salt - a large shchipot;
- water - 180 ml;
- ham - 0, 4 kg;
- hard cheese - 0, 2 kg;
- ketchup - 80 ml;
- confectionery poppy - 50 g.
- Sift flour. Separate 0, 4 kg.
- Mix the separated flour with salt.
- In the bowl, break an egg, pour cold water, vodka and vinegar to it. Whisk until smooth.
- In the prepared flour, make a well, pour the liquid mixture into it, knead the dough. Put it in a bag and leave it for half an hour or an hour at room temperature.
- Cut cold butter into chunks and place in a blender bowl. Add 50 g flour. Turn on the unit and turn the contents of its bowl into a homogeneous mass.
- Place the oil mass between two sheets of parchment, roll it into a rectangular layer, put it in the refrigerator.
- After half an hour, roll out the dough, put the butter in the center, wrap it in the dough, folding it in an envelope.
- Roll out the dough for the initial volume, fold it in an envelope and put it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough. Roll up, put in the fridge. Repeat this manipulation 5 more times at intervals of 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on the working surface of the table, roll the dough into a layer about 3 cm thick and cut it into squares, which should make 10-12 pieces.
- Place a ketchup spoon in the center of each square.
- Cut ham into strips, lay it in dough layers.
- Sprinkle ham with grated cheese.
- Fold the dough into triangles, tightly holding the edges together.
- Brush with raw yolk, sprinkle with poppy seeds and place on a baking tray covered with parchment.
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees, put puffs in it and bake them for about 15 minutes until they are lightly browned.
Puffs for this recipe are crispy, with a juicy filling. They will surely be enjoyed by you and your household.
Cheese and ham puffs from purchased dough
- puff pastry (any) - 0, 4 kg;
- suluguni or sausage cheese - 150 g;
- ham - 0, 2 kg;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- sesame seeds - 20 g;
- wheat flour - 50 g.
- Sprinkle flour on the board. Put the thawed dough on it, roll it out and cut it into 8-10 rectangles in 2: 1 format.
- Cut the cheese and ham into thin slices - according to the number of rectangles from the dough.
- Put on each piece of dough on a slice of cheese and ham, cover with the second part of the layer of dough, forming squares. From above make on two small cuts.
- Spread the puffs on a baking sheet, brush with yolk, sprinkle with sesame.
- Place the baking tray in an oven heated to 200 degrees and bake the items for 15-20 minutes until they are browned.
This recipe for making puffs is simple, and even an inexperienced housewife can make delicious buns in just half an hour.
Puffs with ham and cheese filling - a tasty and satisfying snack. Its advantage is ease of preparation, if already prepared dough is taken as a basis.