The trout belongs to the family of salmon fishes, it has a pink meat that is peculiar to them, tender and at the same time useful. There are several types of it that are equally good in taste and are widely used in cooking. A small amount of bones, the presence of a sufficient amount of fat, the almost complete absence of a specific fishy smell makes it possible to prepare from it a wide variety of dishes, including dietary ones, which are made even without the use of oil. But the most tender and juicy is trout in cream baked in the oven. It’s hard to find someone who doesn’t like this dish.
Trout can be baked in cream according to different recipes. Often it is supplemented with vegetables and cheese. Small-sized fish sometimes bake whole. No less tasty are trout steaks, and from its fillet you can make a full meal that will be very convenient to eat. Technology cooking trout in a creamy sauce is not always the same. To obtain the expected result, you must adhere to the recommendations accompanying the selected recipe. But there are a few moments, the knowledge of which is useful no matter what recipe you cook for trout in the oven.
- The juiciest trout are the freshest. In many supermarkets, it can be purchased chilled. When buying trout you need to carefully examine it. In fresh fish, the eyes are not clouded, the gills are red, the carcass itself is covered with thin mucus, but it does not shine much. Dry fish or an unnatural glossy sheen indicate that it was improperly stored or transported, was treated with a chemical composition to increase its attractiveness. When pressed on the carcass with a finger, it quickly returns to its former shape. If fish meat is devoid of elasticity or when water is pressed on it, it is better to refrain from buying.
- It is also possible to use frozen trout for roasting in cream. It is important to allow it to thaw out in natural conditions, without subjecting to a sharp temperature drop. If the fish is thawed in the refrigerator, it will lose a minimum of liquid and remain almost as juicy as it has not been subjected to freezing.
- Before cooking, the trout must be cleaned. So that it does not slip out of the hands, before that it does not hurt to rub it with salt. Clean it with a knife or a special grater in the direction from the tail to the head. If you put the fish in a bag or dip it in water, the scales will not fly apart. After cleaning, the fish must be gutted. To do this, make an incision in the abdomen, carefully remove the insides, trying not to break through the gallbladder. Inside the fish you will find eggs or milt that do not need to be thrown away, but rather salted.
- When baking fish, the whole head can be left, but the gills need to be removed. From the fins and tail of the carcass is also desirable to save. All of them can give the dish a bitter taste. The skin is often left, with baked fish, it is removed easily.
- If the recipe provides for cooking trout steaks, the carcass is cut across portions after it has been peeled and gutted. The already prepared fish is also cut into fillets, cutting off the meat with a knife from the ridge and tweezers, removing the remaining bones from the pulp. After that, you can separate the fillet from the skin with a knife, keeping it almost flat.
- It is usually not necessary to fry the trout and vegetables that make up the dish before baking the dish in cream, but sometimes they are still fried in a pan, and only then they are poured with cream and sent to the oven.
- Trout does not have an unpleasant odor that needs to be smashed with the scent of zest and herbs, but it still tastes better with these ingredients, so they are often included in the recipe.
- The cream for baking trout is better to choose low-fat (10 percent), as this fish is fat in itself. However, milk cannot be replaced with cream: tomatoes, lemons and other acidic products are often included in fish dishes, because of the contact with which the milk is curdled, this trouble will not happen with cream.
Trout, baked in cream, served with fried potatoes or mashed potatoes, cooked in any way rice and broccoli, vegetable stew or fresh vegetable salad.
A simple recipe for trout in cream cooked in the oven
- trout carcass - 0.5 kg;
- cream of 10% - 0, 5 l;
- breadcrumbs - 50 g;
- lemon juice - 40 ml;
- dried dill - 5 g (you can replace 20 g of fresh);
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Clean and gut the trout. Remove the gills and fins. Wash the carcass, pat dry.
- Grate the trout with pepper and salt, sprinkle with lemon juice on all sides, sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Put the carcass in a baking dish, cover with cream.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees. Send the trout carcass into it. Bake the fish in cream for 25 minutes.
Prepared trout spread on a plate, decorated with fresh herbs and vegetables. The cream, remaining in the form, is collected in a sauceboat and served to the fish separately.
Trout steaks baked in cream with cheese
- trout steaks - 0, 7-0, 8 kg;
- low-fat cream - 0, 25 l;
- hard cheese - 100 ml;
- lemon - 0, 5 pcs .;
- salt, spices for fish - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- In a bowl, squeeze the juice from half a lemon. Mix it with cream.
- Finely rub the cheese, add it to the cream, beat the products with a whisk.
- Trout cut into steaks. Rinse them, dry with a kitchen towel.
- Rub the steaks with salt and complex seasoning for fish dishes.
- Place the pieces in shape.
- Cover the fish steaks with a prepared creamy cheese sauce.
- Send the dish to an oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cheese during this time should have time to brown.
Serve trout steaks cooked in a creamy cheese sauce, with a light side dish of vegetables or with rice.
Whole trout baked with vegetables in cream
- trout (small) - 1 kg;
- cream - 0, 5 l;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- semi-hard cheese - 0, 25 kg;
- salt, spicy herbs - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Prepare the carcasses by cleaning them, gutting and rinsing them. Cut the heads and tails of the carcasses, cut off the fins with scissors.
- From inside and outside, rub the trout carcasses with salt, sprinkle with herbs.
- Put the fish in a baking dish, cover with cream.
- Free onion from the husk, cut into rings or half rings. Sprinkle with onion fish.
- Slice the tomatoes and place them on top of the onion.
- Chop grated cheese. Cover the products with cheese chips.
- Place the form in an oven preheated to 200 degrees. Cook the food for half an hour.
With tomatoes and cheese in a creamy sauce, you can make not only trout carcasses, but also its steaks, as well as fillets. Then bake them will need only 20-25 minutes.
Trout fillet in creamy egg sauce
- trout fillet - 0.5 kg;
- cream - 0, 2 l;
- raw chicken egg yolks - 3 pcs .;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave.
Method of preparation:
- Cut the trout fillet into portions, rub it with salt and pepper.
- Grease the pan with vegetable oil. To make it lay down in a thin layer, use a cooking brush.
- Heat the oiled frying pan, put fish fillets on it, browse on both sides on medium heat, giving 1, 5-2 minutes to each side.
- Put the fried filet in a baking dish.
- Combine cream with egg yolks. Whisk with a whisk to get a uniform composition.
- Pour the prepared fish fillet mixture.
- Place the form in an oven heated to 180 degrees, bake the dish for 15-20 minutes.
A dish prepared according to this recipe is tender and satisfying. He will be happy to eat, not only adults, but also children.