“Oatmeal, sir!”. Perhaps it was this phrase from the movie about Sherlock Holmes that convinced us that oatmeal is an English breakfast. In fact, the British do not follow the culinary preferences attributed to them and have a great breakfast of sandwiches, which, however, does not detract from the merits of oatmeal.
Oatmeal is nutritious and has a gentle enveloping texture, which is why it has the property to soothe irritated gastric mucosa.
Unfortunately, uncooked porridge is not as tasty as we would like, but it can be flavored with various additives.
In the sweet version, it goes well with milk and banana.
- milk - 1 cup;
- oatmeal - 100 g;
- banana - 1 piece;
- pomegranate seeds - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - to taste.
Cooking time: 10 min, number of servings: 1.
1. For oatmeal, it is necessary to take only fresh milk so that it does not skiples. It will be best of all if you take the milk fat, and even better - homemade, without any extra additives. Milk needs to be poured into a refractory saucepan and put on fire.
2. When the milk begins to boil, it must be added to the oatmeal. If desired, the oatmeal can be washed under running cold water several times. Next, cook porridge on low heat for about five minutes. At your discretion, you can add sugar.
3. While the porridge is boiling, it is necessary to prepare a banana: peel it, cut it into several pieces and put it in a blender bowl. Even overripe bananas are suitable for this: with them porridge will be sweeter and tastier.
4. Add ready-made porridge to a banana and grind everything to a uniform consistency at low speed, no more than a couple of minutes.
5. Put the finished porridge in a small plate, decorate the top with pomegranate seeds and serve. This gruel can feed both adults and kids.