It is impossible to imagine an Easter table without a cake. In the shops, this pastry is offered in an assortment, but many housewives prefer to cook Easter cupcakes on their own, selecting successful and at the same time unusual recipes. Tasty and original cake is made with nuts. Most often they act as a supplement to raisins, dried fruits, candied fruits, but they can also be soloed. There are so many recipes that every gourmet will be able to choose the option that corresponds to his gastronomic preferences.
Dough options for cakes, there is a huge amount, and almost any version of the flour base can be supplemented with nuts. There is no single technology for making this type of Easter baking. However, there are several points that you need to know and take into account when kneading dough for nutty cakes to avoid mistakes.
- The dough for kulichs is kneaded from high-grade flour, it is impossible to save on it. From a second-rate product, pastries turn out to be greyish in color and have a peculiar smell that will spoil the pleasure of eating dessert.
- Flour of any kind must be sifted before kneading. This manipulation is needed not only to rid the product of insect larvae and small litter, but also to saturate it with oxygen. After sifting, the flour becomes light, easily combined with other components that make up the dough, without forming lumps. The dough on the sifted flour rises better, baking from it turns out air.
- Nuts before adding to the dough must be cleaned not only from the shell, but also from the husk. It will be easier to do this if you pour boiling water over them, and after 5-10 minutes, put them in cold water. Peeled nuts must be dried, you can even fry in a dry frying pan. They also require compulsory grinding. How hard to crush nuts, depends on the specific recipe, it is usually enough to just chop them with a knife.
- Kulichi usually make their yeast dough. It is advisable to cook it in a spicy way, since baking makes the dough heavier. When using a simpler, straightforward method of kneading dough, it can rise poorly.
- Fluid temperature plays a large role when yeast is activated. Liquid is required to be heated to 30-40 degrees. At higher temperatures, the yeast may die, in a cold environment, they will not work. In the room for raising dough and dough also need to keep warm.
- Filling the forms with dough, at least one third of the volume should be left free, as baking cakes greatly rise. If the dough has not yet come to an end and will rise in the tins before baking, it is advisable to fill them only 1/3.
- Before placing the dough forms in the oven, it must be heated to 180-200 degrees. Cooking time for Easter cakes depends on their size, usually it is 40-50 minutes. Product readiness can be checked with a toothpick. If it remains dry after dipping into the dough, the cupcake is ready and can be removed from the oven.
If you are preparing a nut-filled cake, it is also advisable to use nuts to decorate it. To keep them well on the glaze, they are laid out on it, until she had time to froze.
Easter cake with nuts and raisins
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg;
- pressed yeast - 30 g;
- milk - 180 ml;
- butter - 100 g;
- egg yolks - 5 pcs .;
- sugar - 100 g;
- lemon peel - 3 g;
- nutmeg - a pinch;
- cardamom - a pinch;
- cognac - 40 ml;
- salt - a pinch;
- vanillin - on the tip of a knife;
- raisins - 70 g;
- walnuts - 70 g.
- Rinse the raisins, pour over with brandy. Leave for a few hours.
- Peel nuts, dry in a frying pan without oil, finely chop with a knife.
- Heat milk to 30-35 degrees. Crumble the yeast into it, add a tablespoon of sugar. Stir. Wait for the yeast to activate. The fact that they have earned, will indicate the appearance on the surface of milk froth cap.
- Sift flour. 100 g of it pour to the milk. Stir, having achieved dissolution of flour lumps.
- Cover the bowl with the boil with a damp towel, leave it warm for about half an hour.
- Pound the yolks thoroughly with the remaining sugar and salt. Add vanillin, cardamom, zest and nutmeg, whisk whisk.
- Combine egg mass with brew.
- Add the softened butter, whip the dough.
- Add raisins (along with brandy). Stir.
- Enter the remaining flour, knead the dough.
- Put the dough in the pan, cover and put in the heat. Wait until the dough rises, having doubled.
- Break pastry, roll, sprinkle with nuts. Roll the dough into a roll and crush.
- Put the dough into a greased baking sheet. She must be big. If the dough takes more than half the volume of the form, divide it into several parts, spreading it over several molds.
- Let the dough stand for half an hour at room temperature, then send to the oven preheated to 180. If you make one cake from the whole dough, which is obtained from the number of ingredients specified in the recipe, it will be ready in about 50 minutes. Small cakes will have time to bake faster.
It is better to remove the cake from the mold after it has cooled. Do not forget to take care of its decoration.
Easter cake with dried fruits and nuts
- wheat flour - 1 kg;
- chicken egg - 7 pcs .;
- sugar - 0, 35 kg;
- milk - 0, 35 l;
- pressed yeast - 40 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- butter - 0, 2 kg;
- raisins - 70 g;
- prunes - 70 g;
- dried apricots - 70 g;
- nuts - 70 g;
- vanillin - 2 g;
- icing sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- lemon juice - 2 ml.
- Yeast dilute with milk, preheating it to 30-35 degrees. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, mix.
- Sift flour, mix half of it with milk.
- Cover the bowl with the custard with cling film and place in a warm place.
- When the dough rises, doubled, melt the butter, let it cool. Six eggs break, separating the whites from the yolks. Pound the yolks with the remaining sugar, then mix them with melted butter.
- Mix the egg-oil mixture with brew. Add whipped whites, mix.
- Wait until the dough rises, crush it.
- Pour boiled water over dried fruits, pour out water after 10 minutes, dry dried fruits. Prune and dried apricots cut.
- Grind the nuts with a blender or a coffee grinder to a fine crumb.
- Stir nuts and dried fruit into the dough.
- Spread the dough in a greased form, filling it in 2/3.
- Divide the remaining egg into white and yolk. Grease the dough with yolk.
- Let the dough stand for 20 minutes and at the same time heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Send the dough forms to the oven, bake the products until ready.
Cool the cakes, whip the egg white together with lemon juice, gradually put sugar powder in the protein mass. Cover the cupcake with glaze, let it frost.
Chocolate cake with nuts
- wheat flour - 0, 35 kg;
- dry yeast - 7 g;
- milk - 150 ml;
- chocolate - 100 g;
- orange - 150 g;
- butter - 150 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- cashews - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- salt - a pinch;
- chocolate figures (optional) - for decoration.
- Heat the milk to 35 degrees, dissolve a tablespoon of sugar and yeast in it. Add 150 g of sifted flour, put in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave or on low heat, let them cool slightly.
- From the orange squeeze the juice.
- Mix eggs, orange juice, sugar, salt, butter and chocolate.
- Combine the resulting mixture with the brew, stir the mixture until a homogeneous consistency.
- Add the remaining flour, knead the dough. Leave it in a warm place until it rises, having doubled in volume.
- Leave a small amount of nuts for decoration. Finely chop the rest with a knife, put it into the dough, knead it for a few minutes.
- Put the dough into the form. Let the product sit for 20 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oven preheated to 180 degrees. Bake the cake until ready.
- Remove the finished cupcake from the oven, cool and decorate.
To taste the cooked cake according to this recipe is not inferior to the cake.
Kulich with nuts turns out tasty and fragrant. It can be made from a different type of dough, including chocolate. Nuts are often complemented with raisins and other dried fruits, and the taste of the finished cake benefits greatly.