Preservation of vegetables, fruits and berries is a great way to preserve the taste of summer for several months. On a dull autumn or winter evening, it is especially pleasant to open a jar of fragrant cherry jam pitted and, after eating a couple of spoons, liven up a hot July or August.
- large cherry - 2 kg;
- granulated sugar - 2, 5 kg;
- water - 100 ml.
Cooking recipe with photo
In order for the tender berries not to be crushed during the cooking process, it is best to bring them to a boil several times and cool them. Thus, there is a gradual replacement of moisture in the cherry with sugar. Jam can be used to make juice. For this, it is enough to add a little more water (not 100 ml, but 250) during cooking. Then, to get a refreshing drink, the liquid from the jam can be drained and diluted with water.
1. In order to boil the cherry jam, you need to choose ripe, not wormy, dense berries. The seedless version is more delicious, and to preserve a specific flavor, you can use a decoction of distant seeds instead of water.
So, you need to rinse the cherries under cool water.
2. Then remove the stems and damaged berries. Even if the cherry is healthy, but when it is transported, the skin has cracked on it, it is better to postpone it and not to use it for jam.
3. Remove bones. This can be done with a new pin or hairpin, manual or mechanical device.
4. Cover the prepared berries with sugar and let stand for 2 hours.
5. In the meantime, pour cherry stones with cold water and boil for 20 minutes. Broth strain and pour them cherries. Put the container with the berries on a slow fire and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring the syrup to a boil, cook for another 5 minutes and remove from the stove. The foam which forms on the surface must be carefully collected with a spoon. Let the berries stand for 6-8 hours.
6. Repeat the process of boiling and insisting 2 more times. During this time, the cherries will decrease in size, and the syrup will be more. Jam will acquire a maroon color. At the end of cooking, you can add 2 grams of vanillin to the flavor.
7. Pour the finished jam from the pitted cherries into the sterilized jars and roll up or close the lids.
8. Allow it to cool slowly under a blanket, and then store it in a dark closet. In this form, the jam can be stored up to 1 year.