Potatoes did not catch on immediately in our country. At first it was grown for decorative purposes. Some even tried to eat the fruits of this culture, belonging to the family of nightshade, and were poisoned, as they contain solanine harmful to the body. But then our ancestors thought of cooking dishes from root crops, and they liked these nourishing foods. Gradually, the potato has pressed many other vegetables and cereals, and now dishes from it are made in every family. One of the most successful potato snacks is considered to be potatoes in sour cream, cooked in the oven. It is made mainly from the available products, but it turns out so tasty that it is not a shame to put it even on the holiday table, not to mention the everyday.
There are many recipes for potatoes baked in sour cream. But there are some general principles.
- For roasting, it is advisable to use new potatoes. From the old to make food, too, can, if the roots are not damaged, not green. Greens indicate the presence of a large amount of a toxic substance; it is not necessary to use such vegetables for cooking.
- Before baking potatoes in sour cream, it must be washed, peeled and cut. It is permissible to cut only young potatoes into large pieces, the mature one is baked for a long time, therefore it is cut into thin slices, round or semicircular.
- Before removing the potatoes from the oven, it does not hurt to check its readiness with a fork. If the potatoes are stiff, it is necessary to extend the cooking time.
- You can bake potatoes in the form or in pots. The metal mold is placed in a preheated oven. Pots or ceramic, glass form put in a hot oven can not be - they can burst. They are placed in a cold oven, and only then it is included. The cooking time is recorded from the moment when the temperature in the oven reaches the desired level.
- Sour cream, especially fatty and thick, must be diluted before adding to the dish. It can be diluted not only with water, but also with milk and cream. With sour cream, diluted with dairy products, the potatoes are especially tender and tasty.
- When baking potatoes in the oven, it is often seasoned with garlic, herbs and spices. Dill, basil, rosemary, marjoram, savory, red pepper (spicy and paprika), turmeric and curry made on its basis are especially well combined with it. If you do not have a seasoning mixture for cooking potatoes, you can take a set of spices for fried or baked chicken.
- Baked potatoes go well with a variety of vegetables, mushrooms, meat, poultry, fish, cheese. These products are often included in the composition of potatoes baked in sour cream.
Potatoes cooked in the oven in sour cream can be served as a side dish or as a main dish, even for a festive table.
New potatoes baked in sour cream
Caloric content of the dish: 1730 kcal, per 100 g: 131 kcal.
- new potatoes - 1 kg;
- sour cream - 150 ml;
- butter - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- salt, seasoning for potatoes - to taste;
- fresh dill - 50 g (for serving).
- Mix sour cream with seasonings and salt. If it is very thick, dilute it with a small amount of water, but do not do it anyway.
- Wash and peel new potatoes, roll in sour cream sauce.
- Grease the baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Place the tubers covered in sour cream in the mold.
- Cover them with the remaining sour cream.
- Put the mold in the oven. Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Without turning off the oven, remove from it the form with the potatoes.
- Slice each tuber, put a slice of butter inside.
- Return the form with the potatoes to the oven for another 10 minutes.
When serving, sprinkle potatoes with finely chopped fresh dill.
Potatoes in country style sour cream
Calorie dishes: 1616 kcal, per 100 g: 128 kcal.
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- refined vegetable oil - 60-80;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- sour cream - 120 ml;
- cream - 60 ml;
- salt, spices, fresh or dried herbs - to taste.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into slices.
- Garlic cloves cut into plates.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the garlic until it darkens.
- Remove garlic from the pan. In the fragrant oil, put the potato wedges. Cook them over medium heat until golden brown.
- Place the fried potato wedges in heat-resistant form.
- Dilute sour cream with cream, mix with salt, chopped herbs and spices (preferably with paprika).
- Cover the potatoes with cooked sauce.
- Send the form to an oven preheated to 200 degrees.
- Bake the potatoes for 20-30 minutes until ready.
You can include onions in this dish. At the number of potatoes specified in the recipe, two onions are enough. It should be cut into half rings, fry and put on the potatoes before you cover it with sour cream sauce.
Potato baked in a pot with mushrooms in sour cream sauce
Calorie dishes: 1866 kcal, per 100 g: 125 kcal. Composition:
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- fresh champignons - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 150 g;
- sour cream - 0, 2 l;
- milk - 0, 2 l;
- butter - 40 g;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- hard cheese - 0, 2 kg.
- Lubricate the pots with butter.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into circles about half a centimeter thick.
- Put the potato slices in a bowl, cover with water and leave for 20 minutes for the starch to come out. Throw the potatoes in a colander.
- Wash champignons, pat dry with a napkin, cut into plates.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into thin half-rings.
- Put potatoes, onions and mushrooms in the pots.
- Dilute sour cream with milk, mix with salt and spices. Pour the potted products into the sauce.
- Put the pots in the oven, turn it on. Wait until the temperature in the oven reaches 180-200 degrees. Bake the potatoes with mushrooms at this temperature for 40 minutes.
- Finely rub the cheese, sprinkle them with baked products.
- Return the pots to the oven for another 10-20 minutes.
Potatoes baked in pots along with mushrooms turn out tasty, nourishing and fragrant. Cheese gives the dish even greater refinement.
Potatoes in sour cream sauce, baked with tomatoes and cheese
Calorie dishes: 1196 kcal, per 100 g: 93 kcal.
- potatoes - 0, 6 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- olive oil - 20-40 ml;
- dried herbs - 10 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- sour cream - 100 ml;
- water - 100 ml;
- hard cheese - 50 g.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin semi-circles or circles (depending on the size of the tubers).
- Mix the potatoes with olive oil, put in a baking dish.
- Cut a couple of garlic cloves into 2-3 pieces, lay them on potatoes.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees, put the form in it with the potatoes. Cook it for 20 minutes.
- Remove green garlic from potatoes.
- Cut onion into thin half rings.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Chop the remaining garlic with a knife.
- Sprinkle potatoes with onions and garlic, salt and herbs. Spread tomatoes on it. Fill them with sour cream diluted with water.
- Reduce the temperature in the oven to 180 degrees. Return it to the form with potatoes. Bake it for another 20 minutes. Check how it baked. If the potatoes are already soft enough, proceed to the next step. If it is still stiff, continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the form of crushed grated cheese. Continue to cook the dish for 10-20 minutes, until the cheese melts and begins to brown.
Potato baked in sour cream with tomatoes and cheese, looks bright and appetizing, it smells seductively. Hardly anyone can resist such a treat.
Gnocchi potatoes baked in sour cream
Calorie dishes: 1485 kcal, per 100 g: 152 kcal.
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- flour - 40 g;
- sour cream - 120 ml;
- milk or cream - 120 ml;
- hard cheese - 120 g;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave.
- Peel and boil the potatoes until soft.
- With the help of a potato mash, turn the potatoes into mashed potatoes.
- Allow the potatoes to cool slightly, add the egg, salt and spices to the puree, mix.
- Add flour (a tablespoon) to the mashed potatoes and mix. From the resulting mass form cakes. Roll them in the remaining flour.
- Put gnocchi in shape. Bake in the oven and bake at 200 degrees until the cakes are browned.
- Mix sour cream with salt and spices, dilute with milk. Add finely grated cheese to the mixture.
- Cream and cheese sauce topped with tortillas. Continue to bake them for 10 minutes.
Italian potato cakes, baked in sour cream, will surely be enjoyed by all members of your family.
Potatoes are eaten with pleasure in different countries of the world, our compatriots are also great admirers of dishes from it. Delicious, delicate and aromatic turns out potatoes, baked in sour cream. You can cook this dish in the oven according to different recipes, and each is good in its own way.