Vegetable stew is loved by almost everything and there is nothing difficult, be it summer - because the ingredients are abundant. Well, if winter wanted stewed vegetables, then this is a reason to open a can of preservation. Of course, this is possible only if you anticipated such a situation in advance and prepared steamed vegetables in a tomato for the winter. In our family, these vegetables are respected, so at least 10 jars should be closed. The composition of the stew can be different, this may include tomatoes, eggplants, zucchini, peppers, onions, cabbage, garlic, greens.
List of ingredients:
- 1 kg of eggplants;
- 1 kg of zucchini;
- 3 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- 200 ml of water;
- 3 sweet peppers;
- 2 onions;
- 2 tbsp. l salts;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil;
- 30 ml of vinegar;
- optional hot pepper.
1. Courgettes and eggplants should be thoroughly washed, you can even use a brush. Any damage on the peel is better to cut with a knife. Cut the tips and stem, cut the vegetables into small cubes.
2. From the onions, remove the husks and cut it into strips. Wash the sweet pepper and cut it in half, remove the seeds and stalk. Slice peppers into strips.
3. Put all prepared vegetables in the pan.
4. Add water and tomato paste to the pan, stir and put on the fire. In general, it is better to use a stewpan with a thick bottom to avoid sticking vegetables. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally.
5. After 20 minutes, add salt and sugar, spices if desired. You can restrict black and fragrant pepper.
6. Add vegetable oil and mix, simmer another 20 minutes. Then add vinegar and mix again. Steamed vegetables are ready.
7. Spread the vegetables in sterilized jars, all the way to the top.
8. Sterilize the caps by putting them in boiling water for 5-10 seconds. Roll up and wrap the blanket until cool. Keep in a cool place. Such a stew is an excellent addition to a meat or fish dish, a side dish.