Harvesting berries for the winter, the hostesses strive to preserve the maximum of the vitamins and other valuable substances they contain. Not all of these elements are able to withstand high temperatures and are destroyed during intensive heat treatment. Popular recipes are used to close the fruit without exposing them to boiling. One of the most delicious and healthy sweet preparations is considered to be the sweet cherry in its own juice. Due to the juiciness and sweet taste of the fruits, they can be closed with the addition of a small amount of sugar or without it, while refusing to cook the berries. This makes the dessert both tasty and healthy.
The sweet cherry closed in its own juice preserves not only vitamins, but also the organoleptic qualities inherent in fresh berry. Some housewives do not make such preparations for the winter just for fear that they will not cope with the task. In fact, the technology of preparation for the winter of these sweet canned food is simple, and even an inexperienced cook will be able to close the sweet cherry in its own juice. It is only necessary to study the features of the technology and not deviate from the instructions accompanying the selected recipe.
- Only ripe or even slightly overripe berries are suitable for making cherries in their own juice. However, it is impossible to put spoiled fruit into the workpiece: this will affect the taste and preservation of the whole jar. Before use, the sweet cherry must be carefully picked and washed, trying not to damage the fruit.
- Water from the tap that has fallen into the workpiece will not make it tastier and adversely affect its safety. Before use, the washed berries are dried and the branches are removed. Sweet cherry dries faster if it is poured on a towel that absorbs moisture well.
- The fruit boiling is replaced by the fruit sterilization directly in the jars when preparing cherries in its own juice. There are recipes that can even do without sterilization, but then a lot of sugar or citric acid is used.
- Cherries in their own juice can be prepared for the winter with or without stones. Fruits closed with stones look appetizing, but they cannot be stored for more than 6-8 months, because after a specified period of time, prussic acid begins to form in the stones of the cherry.
- When cleaning the cherries from the bones, it cannot be broken. The integrity of the berries is best preserved when removing the bones with a pin or pin, but if you are harvesting berries for the winter in large quantities, it is better to use a special machine for squeezing the bones from cherries and cherries.
- Banks for sweet cherries in their own juice should be washed with soda and sterilized. The lids are also sterilized by boiling. Cover the berries with metal lids to ensure tightness.
- After preparing the canned food, the jars of cherries are turned over and wrapped. Cooling in the conditions of the steam bath, the blanks are further preserved, which increases their safety.
The storage conditions of sweet cherries in their own juice depend on the recipe used. In a warm room to keep such blanks undesirable, some of them can be kept only in the refrigerator.
Sweet cherries in their own juice with bones without sugar
Composition (1 l):
- sweet cherry - 0, 7-0, 9 kg.
- Go through the cherry tree, leaving only ripe and intact. Rinse it in the shower. Put on a towel, wait until the berry dries. Remove the twigs.
- Sterilize the jars. Sweet cherries in their own juice are closed in a small-capacity container, since after opening the can its contents deteriorate rapidly.
- Fill jars with berries. At this stage, all the berries can not enter the banks, then they can be reported later.
- Boil water, pour boiling water over cherries. Filling the jars to the brim is not worth it, because the cherry will release its juice during sterilization and settle, giving way to new berries. It is enough to fill the cans in half, maximum - two thirds.
- Put a towel in a large saucepan, put cans on it, cover them with boiled lids.
- Pour water into the pan so that its level reaches the hangers of the cans. Water should be warm so that the banks do not burst.
- Put the pan on a slow fire. Wait 15-20 minutes after the water in the pot boils. Replenish the berries and continue to sterilize for another 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the jars from the pan, screw on the lids, turn them over and wrap them.
After cooling, the jars of cherries must be placed in the refrigerator. If you prefer to store the billet in a cool room, you can make a sweet cherry with pits in its own juice with added sugar. To do this, it is poured on the bottom of the cans before filling them with berries. 0, 2 kg of granulated sugar is enough for a liter jar.
Sweet Cherry in its own juice without stones
Composition (1 l):
- sweet cherry - 0, 8-1 kg;
- sugar - 80-100 g;
- citric acid - 1 g.
- Pick, wash and dry the berries. Remove bones.
- Add citric acid and a spoonful of sugar to the bottom of the sterilized jars.
- Fill the cans with cherries, sprinkling berries with sugar.
- Put a towel on the bottom of the pan, put the jars on it, cover them with lids.
- Fill the pot with water (up to the shoulders of the cans). Sterilize for 20-30 minutes, depending on the volume of cans.
- 10-15 minutes before the end of sterilization, add berries or warm boiled water to the jar to fill the empty space (during the sterilization process berries are allowed to juice and settle out).
- Roll up the jars, turn them over, cover with a blanket and leave to cool in this form.
Store the workpiece in a cool place. If the temperature in it does not exceed 16 degrees, then the cherry will not deteriorate within a year.
Sweet cherry in its own juice without sterilization
Composition (1 l):
- sweet cherry - 0, 6-0, 8 kg;
- water - how much will go into the banks;
- sugar - 0, 3 kg per 0, 5 l of water;
- citric acid - 1 g per 0, 5 l of water.
- Filled with pitted cherries fill the sterilized jars.
- Boil water, pour berries, leave for 15 minutes.
- Pour the liquid from the cans into the pan, measure the required amount of sugar and citric acid.
- Add water, heat it, stirring it to dissolve the sugar. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Fill the cherries with juice, roll up the cans. Leave to cool upside down under a blanket.
To keep the sweet cherry closed according to this recipe, preferably in a cool room, but at room temperature the billet is well worth it.
Sweet cherry in its own juice is a delicious and healthy dessert. It can be eaten in pure form or used to prepare various sweet dishes.