Dishes in pots are good for several reasons. First of all, if you put them right in the pot and serve it, it will look very appetizing. Secondly, the preparation of such dishes requires a minimum of effort: put all the ingredients together, add broth or sauce, put them in the oven - and you can rest until the end of the process. But the main thing - the baked dishes are very tasty.
All this applies equally to fry of the liver. If you are bored with liver cakes and pancakes, try making a liver in sour cream with onions and carrots - an easy-to-prepare, unusual and very tasty dish.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- liver (any) - 250-300 g;
- carrots - 1 pc;
- bulb onion - 1 large onion;
- fat sour cream or cream - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sunflower oil or lard for roasting;
1. Cut the liver into small pieces.
2. Soak it in water for 10 minutes to wash the blood, rinse well in a colander and squeeze. Lightly fry the liver pieces in vegetable oil or lard.
3. Peel and wash the large onion and medium carrot. Grate carrots on a coarse grater, and cut the onion into ringlets or half rings.
4. Mix the vegetables with the liver, pepper and fold them into the pot. Immediately salt the roast is not necessary, since the liver will become hard from the salt. Salt this dish is better at the very end of cooking.
Pour the liver with sour cream with vegetables, close the pot and put in a preheated oven.
5. Cook roast for about an hour at a temperature of 200-250C.
Readiness check on the taste of vegetables, as fried liver cooked quickly. Also, by the end of cooking a thick aromatic gravy should be formed from vegetable juice and sour cream.
Now you can salt the liver. Add a third of a teaspoon of salt, stir the roast, cover it with a lid and put another 10-15 minutes in a warm (off) oven.
Serve the liver in sour cream with mashed potatoes, rice side dish, or pasta.