When planning a picnic in nature, you need to think about how to serve sausages, meat, fish or chicken wings with grill sauce. Indeed, without it, even the most delicious kebabs may seem slightly bland. In America, barbecue sauce made from tomatoes or tomato paste is served with grilled foods. Recently, many of our compatriots have made a choice in his favor. However, not everyone knows that you can make barbecue sauce at home. And there are two ways to make it: hot and cold. Having made the sauce in the first way, you can pour it into glass containers and keep it in the refrigerator for quite a long time, at least until the end of the season. But the sauce, made in a cold way, has a more fresh and juicy taste. Which sauce to give preference is your business, but before you start cooking, you should learn the basic rules for cooking barbecue sauce.
Experienced chefs know how to make barbecue sauce especially tasty and fragrant. Fortunately, they do not keep it a secret, and any housewife can master the skill of cooking barbecue sauce at home.
- The barbecue sauce will taste better if you use fresh tomatoes to make it. However, before this they must be cleaned of skins and seeds in order to further grind through a sieve or whisk in one blender pulp. In this case, the sauce will have a more homogeneous and pleasant texture.
- Unusual shades of the sauce can give spicy herbs, but they can only be added in moderate amounts so that they do not interrupt the taste and aroma of the sauce itself.
- Barbecue sauce with a slight smell of smoke will be very harmonious with fried dishes. In this case, even fried in a pan dishes will seem made in nature. This smell of sauce will give liquid smoke available on the market. However, this ingredient does not belong to the number of useful, so you can add it quite a bit.
- Classic barbecue sauce is very hot. If there are people in the company with spicy dishes that are contraindicated, or children, it is better to choose an adapted version of the sauce, which does not contain too many hot ingredients, such as Worcester sauce or cayenne pepper.
- If you pour hot sauce into a sauceboat, it will become covered with a not-too-appetizing film as it cools. To avoid this, its surface can be greased with a piece of butter.
Homemade barbecue sauce is much tastier and healthier than any purchased sauce, so it makes sense for every housewife to learn how to cook it with her own hands.
Classic BBQ Sauce Recipe
- tomato paste - 50 ml;
- olive oil - 30 ml;
- water - 120 ml;
- onions - 100 g;
- mustard powder - 5 g;
- apple cider vinegar - 40 ml;
- homemade tomato sauce or tomato puree from fresh tomatoes - 0, 4 l;
- brown sugar - 15 g;
- Worcestershire sauce - 15 ml;
- Cayenne pepper - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- Peel and cut the onion as small as possible.
- Cut the garlic into tiny pieces.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic in it for five minutes. You need to fry over low heat so that the vegetables become soft, but not brown.
- Pour tomato sauce into pan with toasted vegetables. Bring it to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Boil water and dilute the mustard powder with it, pre-mixing it with sugar and salt, if you have unsalted tomato sauce. Mix the resulting composition with vinegar and tomato paste. Add pepper and Worcester sauce. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the resulting liquid into the tomato sauce. After the sauce begins to boil again, boil it, stirring for 10 minutes.
Before serving, cool the sauce. If you want to keep the sauce for several months, spread it on sterilized jars and cork tightly. After cooling, put in the refrigerator.
Barbecue sauce without cooking
- tomato paste - 100 ml;
- wine vinegar (3 percent) - 60 ml;
- liquid smoke - 20 ml;
- garlic powder - 10 g;
- maple syrup or honey melted to a liquid state - 10 ml;
- onion powder - 20 g;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Mix tomato paste with honey or syrup, add vinegar, mix thoroughly.
- Pour onion and garlic powder. If desired, add a bit of red pepper. Mix well.
- Last enter liquid smoke and salt. Stir the sauce until smooth, try it to adjust the taste: add a little more salt or syrup if you like.
- Pour sauce into sauceboat and serve.
In the refrigerator, ready-made barbecue sauce cooked at home without cooking can be stored for no more than a month.
Barbecue sauce with savory taste
- fresh tomato - 150 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- tomato paste - 30 g;
- onions - 75 g;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- prunes - 8 pcs .;
- hot peppers - 1 pc .;
- brown sugar - 70 g;
- paprika - 15 g;
- vegetable oil - as required;
- Tabasco sauce - 5 ml;
- Apple Cider Vinegar (6%) - 6 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the tomato. On his skin, make a cross-cut. Dip for a minute in boiling water. Cool and peel. Cut in half and use a small spoon to remove the seeds. Pulp through a strainer or whisk with a blender.
- Wash the prunes, cover with water and boil until soft. If it's with bones, take them out. Pulp chop in a blender, mix with tomato puree.
- Pepper Wash. Bulgarian pepper cut into 4 parts, removing the seeds. Put the pieces of sweet pepper and pod hot on a dry frying pan and fry them until black. Shake off the coals.
- Pepper seeds are removed from hot pepper, protected by gloved hands.
- Crush pepper with blender, combine with other ingredients.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic, fry them in vegetable oil.
- Add tomato paste and sugar, stew for 5 minutes.
- Pour in tomato puree mixed with peppers and prunes. Extinguish 10 minutes.
- Enter the remaining ingredients, mix, boil for another 5 minutes.
When the sauce has cooled slightly, whisk it with a blender and place in a saucepan. Grease the surface of the sauce with butter and leave to cool completely. Barbecue sauce, cooked according to this recipe, has a spicy taste, and smoked flavor gives it fried peppers.
Homemade barbecue sauce is perfect for grilled meat and poultry, goes well with grilled and baked vegetables, it will not spoil the fried fish. A good idea would be to cook and serve it to a kebab.