Many people like zucchini in a spicy tomato fill, similar to the “Teschin language” snack. When preparing such canned food for the winter, it takes a lot of time and effort to cook tomato sauce. Wanting to simplify the task, the hostesses guessed to close the zucchini with ready-made Chile ketchup. Such canned foods are cooked quickly and easily, are tasty and well stored.
Squash in ketchup “chili” sauce can be preserved in several ways. Not only are the compositions, but also the actions that need to be carried out, but some moments remain the same regardless of the recipe chosen.
- For canning, it is better to choose young zucchini with delicate skin and unformed seeds. They are more tender and tasty. If you use mature fruits, they will have to be peeled and pulped with large seeds.
- To prepare pouring for squash, ketchup “Chile” is diluted with boiled water. The density of the fill and the sharpness of the finished dish depends on the ratio of these ingredients: the more concentrated the sauce, the more savory the taste will be the finished dish.
- The taste of the “Chile” sauce produced by different companies is rarely the same, since manufacturers include various spices and other additives in the liquid seasoning. Many Ukrainian housewives prefer to use ketchup under the brand “Torchin”. If you could not find it on the shelves, you can replace it with ketchup of any other brand, but always made from tomatoes without adding starch and similar thickeners.
- While preparing a snack for the winter, the banks are washed under it with soda and sterilized, otherwise there is a great risk that the canned goods will deteriorate without even waiting a month. Lids must also be sterilized by boiling. Squash in ketchup “Chile” is closed with metal lids, ensuring tightness, plastic for this purpose will not work.
- If the recipe involves sterilizing snacks in cans, they need to be the same size, otherwise it will not be possible to select the water level in the pan in which they will be sterilized. Banks of small volume are easier to sterilize than large ones.
Properly cooked for the winter zucchini in ketchup “Chile” stand well at room temperature.
The classic recipe of zucchini with Chile ketchup
Composition (for 2, 5-3 l):
- zucchini - 1, 5-1, 7 kg;
- Chile ketchup - 0, 2-0, 25 l;
- water - 1 l;
- bay leaf - 5-6 pcs .;
- garlic - 10-12 cloves;
- black pepper peas - 10-12 pieces;
- cloves - 5-6 pcs .;
- salt - 25-30 g;
- sugar - 50-60 g;
- Table vinegar (9%) - 60 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Banks with a capacity of 0, 5-0, 75 l wash with soda. It is advisable to sterilize them, despite the fact that the recipe involves the sterilization of snacks in cans and double processing of containers with high temperature may seem uneconomical.
- Wash spices, let them dry, spread them on prepared jars.
- Wash zucchini, dry with a napkin, cut off the tips of the fruit. Cut the vegetables into circles about 5 mm thick.
- Fill the jars with zucchini, stacking the vegetables as tightly as possible.
- Place garlic cloves cut in half on top.
- Ketchup squeeze in a bowl or a small saucepan, dilute with clean boiled water. Add sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Bring the marinade to a boil over low heat, pour zucchini over it. If the zucchini is laid loosely, there will be a lot of empty space in the banks, then the marinade may need more. In this case, water, and ketchup, and other ingredients should be taken in 1, 5 times more.
- Cover the jars with clean lids.
- Lay a towel on the bottom of the pan. Put on him banks with zucchini. Pour warm water into the pot. If it is hot or ice, the jars can crack. The water level should reach the hangers of the cans.
- Place the pot on a slow fire, bring it to a boil. Sterilize jars in it for 20-30 minutes depending on their size.
- Be careful not to burn yourself, remove the jars from the pan, roll them up.
- Turn the jars upside down, cover with a blanket and leave to cool in the steam bath for better preservation.
After the snack cans have cooled down, they can be stored for storage in the pantry or any other place to store supplies for the winter.
Squash in Chile ketchup without sterilization
Composition (6 liters):
- zucchini - 3-3, 5 kg;
- Chile ketchup - 0, 42-0, 45 kg;
- water - 1, 5 l;
- salt - 40 g;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- bay leaves - 6 pcs .;
- allspice peas - 12 pcs .;
- carnation - 6 pcs .;
- garlic - 6 cloves;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 0, 2 l.
Method of preparation:
- Sterilize the jars washed with soda over steam or in the oven. Boil lids suitable for them.
- Spread the clean and dry spices, as well as the peeled garlic cloves, over the prepared jars.
- Wash zucchini, blotted with a napkin. If necessary, clean the skin, coarse seeds. Cut the squash pulp into bars about 1 cm wide, 3 cm long.
- Place the zucchini in prepared jars.
- Boil water, fill zucchini, cover the jars with lids, wait 10 minutes, drain the liquid from the jars.
- Repeat this procedure twice more.
- In a saucepan, combine water, ketchup, salt, sugar, vinegar. Bring to a boil, cook for 5 minutes. During this time, pouring should acquire a uniform consistency.
- Pour hot zucchini sauce. Hermetically close the jars, turn and wrap.
A day later, banks can be returned to the normal position and rearranged to the place of permanent storage. Snacks are well worth it at room temperature, despite being prepared without sterilization.
Roasted Zucchini with Chili Ketchup
Composition (for 2-2, 5 l):
- zucchini - 2, 5 kg;
- Chile ketchup - 0, 2 l;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 100 ml;
- sugar - 100 g;
- salt - 20 g;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave.
Method of preparation:
- Zucchini cut into circles, fry in oil, put in a saucepan.
- Mix the ketchup separately with water, sugar, salt and vinegar. Pour the zucchini with this mixture and simmer for 10 minutes after it boils.
- Add garlic passed through the press, continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the appetizer in prepared jars, roll them, leave to cool in a steam bath.
Some housewives prefer to sterilize jars with snacks before seaming (30-liter containers for 30 minutes), but this procedure is not mandatory in this case.
In this recipe, zucchini is obtained even more tasty and savory than traditional, and it will be almost as easy to cook them.
Squash in ketchup “Chili” - one of the easiest to prepare snacks for the winter. Despite this, canned goods stand well at room temperature and have a pleasant taste.