Quails are not only valuable eggs, but also 150-200 g of deli meats. Compared to chickens, they are just babes, but, nevertheless, are a valuable industrial bird. Once upon a time, quails were hunted all summer, today they are grown on large farms and in small households.
The classic recipe is to cook the quail entirely on a skewer (or grill), but their meat can also be used for broths.
To cook a low-fat quail meat soup soup, use the second broth.
- quail - half carcass;
- potatoes - 2 pieces;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- salt - to taste.
Cooking time: 1 hour, number of servings: 3.
1. For the soup, you need to choose a good, fresh quail. Meat should not have any specific smell, it should be elastic, normal color. When pressing on the pulp, there should not be any dents on it. Next, handle the quail should be the same as with other meat: rinse, remove all excess inside and out, cut off the required amount and pour water. Set the “Soup” mode in the multicooker.
2. When the water boils, take out the bird, drain the broth, and then pour the water over the quail again - so the broth will not be too fat.
3. Rinse potatoes under running water, peel and cut into small squares.
4. Wash carrots, peel and chop them in the same way as potatoes. Vegetables pour into the broth to the meat.
5. Close the slow cooker with a lid and set it to the “Soup” mode for 50 minutes. After the specified time has elapsed, check the soup for readiness, if ready to open the lid of the multicooker and let it cool slightly.
6. Pour the ready soup into the plate and check if it is too hot.