The taste of pickled tomatoes prepared according to this recipe perfectly complements the sweet Bulgarian pepper. To prepare the pickles are suitable, in principle, tomatoes of any variety, but the best way to keep the shape and the tomatoes “Sugar plum red” varieties do not crack. These pickled tomatoes can be stored in the cellar for 2-3 years.
Ingredients per 3 liter jar:
- 2-2, 2 kg of tomato;
- 2 bell peppers;
- 2 large onions;
- 2-3 umbels of dill (fresh or dried);
- 5-6 black peppercorns;
- 1-2 bay leaves;
- 60 g of salt (iodized);
- 80 g sugar;
- 90 ml of vinegar (9 percent).
1. Cut the onion into rings, after which we place it in sterilized jars with carefully washed dill, bay leaf and black pepper.
2. To mine tomatoes and paprika under running water, then remove the stalk and seeds from the pepper by cutting it in half.
3. Place the tomatoes tightly over the cans, put the peppers along the edges - it is most convenient to do this after the can is filled with tomatoes to about half.
4. Fill with boiling water completely filled cans with tomatoes and bell peppers, cover them with lids, then wrap in warm clothes and leave to stand for 40 minutes.
5. Drain the water and prepare the marinade on its basis, adding salt, sugar and vinegar. Fill tomatoes with pepper with boiling marinade, roll with lids (boil in water for 1-2 minutes) and turn the jars with the lids down, wrap and leave for 1 day to “evaporate”.
6. After a specified time, you can send the pickle to the cellar for long-term storage in order to enjoy delicious tomatoes and peppers in the winter.