Shortbread dough is used for various culinary products: pies, cakes, cookies, tartlets. Appreciate it for tenderness and crispness. Such properties give him the fats present in the composition in large quantities. Usually, butter or margarine is used for this. The first of these products is quite expensive, the second is not too useful. Modern health-conscious housewives prefer to make shortbread dough with sour cream, which is replaced by some butter or margarine. The flour base for baking, made on the basis of sour cream, has a slight layering, it turns out crumbly, does not dry for a long time.
The principles of making shortbread dough with sour cream are identical to the rules for making the traditional version of this flour baking dish. Observing them, even the beginning hostess will cope with the task, having received the expected result.
- The higher the quality of the products used to make the dough, the tastier the pastry made from it. This applies to butter, and sour cream, and flour. Second-grade flour gives the product an unpleasant taste, makes their color not too appetizing.
- Flour must be sieved before combining with other ingredients. This manipulation allows not only to rid the product of small litter and insect larvae, but also to saturate it with oxygen. After sifting the flour becomes light, it is easier to combine it with other ingredients, preventing the formation of lumps.
- It is recommended to cool the products used to make shortcrust pastry, however, the oil is often added softened. To do this, it is removed from the refrigerator in advance and kept for a while at room temperature.
- In order to prevent the oil from melting, when mixing shortcrust pastry, they try to use a spatula or mixer, including at low speeds. His hands are kneaded only at the last stage, trying to act as quickly as possible.
- Eggs and baking powder are not essential components of shortbread dough, but they are often included in its composition. Baking powder makes the dough even more crumbly, eggs give it greater density. Sometimes they use not whole eggs, but only egg yolks. Starch, which sometimes is replaced with a part of flour, helps to make shortbread durable.
- Before rolling out, the shortbread dough must be removed for an hour in the refrigerator, after cooling it will become more plastic.
Shortbread dough on sour cream is suitable for sweet and savory pastries. Products made of it are placed in an oven that has already been heated to 200 degrees, otherwise the fats will melt before the flour grabs and the baking is not very successful. The time for making pies and shortbread cookies depends on the size of the product, the type of filling, the temperature in the oven, but rarely exceeds 30 minutes. Often the sand base is dried in the oven for 10-15 minutes, then baked to readiness already stuffed.
Shortcrust pastry with sour cream for tartlets and savory pie
- wheat flour - 180 g;
- butter - 70 g;
- sour cream - 70 g;
- sugar - 10 g;
- salt - 2-3 g;
- baking powder for dough - 3 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour, mix with baking powder.
- Pour a portion of the flour onto the working surface of the table, spread it with your hands.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator, cut it into slices, spread them on flour.
- Sprinkle the butter with the remaining flour.
- Chop the butter and flour to make flour chips.
- Transfer the flour crumb, gathering in whom, in a bowl. Make a recess in the center.
- In a separate bowl, break an egg, add salt and sugar to it, rub it.
- Add sour cream to the egg, mix the products well.
- Transfer the mixture of sour cream and eggs to the flour, stir the dough with a spoon or spatula.
- Put the dough on the tabletop, quickly finish the kneading process with your hands.
- Make a ball out of dough, put it in a plastic bag, put it in a refrigerator.
After an hour, the dough made according to this recipe can be used to make savory pastry. It is also suitable for a sweet cake, but then you have to add a little more sugar to the filling.
Shortbread dough with sour cream for cookies
- wheat flour - 0, 45 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- sugar - 150 g;
- vanilla sugar - 10 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- butter - 100 g;
- sour cream (fat content of 20%) - 100 g;
- baking powder for dough - 10 g.
Method of preparation:
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator 20-30 minutes before the dough is cooked, so that it softens.
- Put the butter in a bowl, add sour cream to it, whisk it with a whisk or a mixer.
- Break eggs into a separate bowl, add vanilla and ordinary sugar and salt to them. Pound with a whisk until dissolved in the egg mass of sugar. The process can be accelerated if sugar powder is used instead of sugar.
- Transfer the egg mass to the butter and sour cream, beat them together.
- Combine sifted flour with baking powder, mix with other products. First stir the dough with a spatula, then finish the kneading with your hands.
- Make a bun from the dough, wrap it with cling film and put it on 1-1, 5 hours in the refrigerator.
After the indicated time, roll the dough into a layer 5-7 mm thick, cut the figures out of it, put them on a parchment covered with parchment and send them to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Sand dough with sour cream and starch
- wheat flour - 0, 4 kg;
- butter - 0, 2 kg;
- sour cream - 100 ml;
- starch - 30 g;
- egg yolks - 2 pcs. (or one whole egg);
- baking powder for dough - 5 g;
- sugar - 150 g.
Method of preparation:
- Combine the softened butter with sugar, sour cream and egg yolks, whisk with a mixer.
- Mix sifted flour with baking powder and starch, combine with other products.
- Quickly knead the soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and allow it to cool in the fridge for an hour or even two.
The dough made according to this recipe will be suitable as a base for a sweet cake and “Tartlet” cake. You can bake cookies out of it.
Sand dough with sour cream is a bit cheaper than made on butter alone, but it turns out just as crumbly. The pastry made from it does not harden for a long time. On sour cream, you can knead shortbread for both sweet and savory products.