Armenian cuisine presented the world with many culinary masterpieces. The most famous of them - horovats (shish kebab), basturma and tolma. However, Armenian cooking is not limited to meat dishes. Among the traditional recipes there are treats for all occasions and for all tastes. For example, jam. It is even made from eggplant. Less unusual, but no less tasty, is jam made from white sweet pitted cherries.
- white sweet cherry - 2 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1, 8-2 kg;
- water - 200 ml;
- lemon - 1/2 pc. or citric acid - 3-4 g;
- vanilla or vanillin - on the tip of a knife or for every kilogram of sweet cherries 1 g.
1. Unlike cherry, sweet cherry jam is always made without stones. Sometimes, for more chic, walnut pieces are inserted instead. To enhance the flavor during cooking, use vanilla sticks (they are put at the beginning of the heat treatment) or vanillin (added at the end).
2. Strong, ripe berries of white cherries to sort out, separating all the darkened fruits. At the same time you need to tear off the green tails.
3. Then rinse the berries under cold water.
4. After the moisture is drained, the bones should be removed from the cherry. This can be done with a special tool, machine or ordinary pin. The main thing is to preserve the juice as much as possible and not mash the berries.
5. In an enamel basin pour 1 glass of water. Pour all the sugar. If sweet cherry is sweet, then 1800 g will be enough.
6. Put the pelvis on a slow fire and bring to a boil. To the bottom layers of sugar is not burnt, you need to mix a thick mass, until then, until it becomes liquid. In boiling syrup pour cherry.
7. All berries should be dipped in liquid. Boil them need 5 minutes. Then remove the pelvis from the heat and leave for 8 hours.
8. For the second time, the cherry must again be boiled for 5 minutes and cooled.
9. The third cooking lasts longer. As soon as the syrup boils in it you need to add vanillin. Then cut the unrefined lemon in small pieces (remove only the bones) and put them in the jam.
10. Heat treatment should be continued for 15 minutes until the syrup thickens. Drops fallen on a small plate should retain a spherical shape.
11. Pour the jam on sterilized jars.
12. The total volume should be 2-2, 5 l. Banks roll up and put to cool under a blanket. Store prepared seedless cherry jam in a dark, cool place. You can serve it with tea, pancakes, as a separate dessert or added to sweet pastries.