Slightly salted patissons have a unique taste, they resemble simultaneously salted mushrooms and zucchini. This appetizer is loved by almost everyone. It is ideal for meat, fish and potatoes, but it is tasty in and of itself. Many housewives salt little pumpkins for the winter, but not everyone wants to wait for the opportunity to taste the savory food for several months. Lightly salted instant scallops will be ready to eat in a week or even earlier. If you like light-salted vegetables, you should try cooking the scallops in this way - their taste will almost certainly not disappoint you.
Cooking lightly salted patissons in a fast way is not a difficult task, but this process requires a few knowledge.
- Squabs have very dense flesh and even more dense skin. Only small small-fruited vegetables can be salted entirely. Large fruits must be cleaned and cut into small slices, otherwise they will not salt out.
- The quick way to pickle the scallops is possible only with the use of hot brine. If you pour them with cold brine or try to salt them with a dry method, the result will have to wait for a long time: the patissons will not have time to salt out, as they have already expired.
- The smaller you cut the scallops, the faster they will salt out.
- Salt the squash can be in a saucepan, jar, plastic container. Aluminum containers are not recommended, as this material, when in contact with acids, emits harmful substances and gives the snack a metallic aftertaste.
- To keep the squaws crispy, add the horseradish leaves or petioles to them when they are pickled.
The process of salting patissons often takes place at room temperature, but after they must be kept in the refrigerator. Shelf life of salted patissons is about two weeks.
A classic recipe for lightly salted instant squash
- small-fruited patissons - 1-1,5 kg;
- water - 1-2 liters;
- horseradish leaves - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 3-6 cloves;
- salt - 30 g per 1 l of water;
- Dill umbrellas - 3 pcs.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the patissons, cut off their tips. Let the vegetables dry out.
- At the bottom of a jar or other container in which you plan to salt the scallops, put a sheet of horseradish, 1-2 cloves of garlic, an umbrella of dill.
- Put half the squash. If you are preparing a snack in a jar, fill it with half a squash, stacking them as tightly as possible.
- Put a dill umbrella on the patissons, a pair of garlic cloves.
- Put the remaining patissons, put the remaining spices on top.
- Boil water, dissolve salt in it, boil for 5 minutes. If you make scallops in a jar, 1-1.5 liters of marinade will be enough for you, but it will take more to pickle vegetables in a saucepan. It is advisable to prepare 2 liters to ensure that it is enough - it must fully cover the fruit.
- Fill the scallops with hot marinade.
- Cover (not quite tightly) the container with the patissons with the lid. Leave for 4-5 days at room temperature.
After a specified time, the squash can be served at the table or put in the refrigerator, where they can be stored for up to two weeks.
Little salted patissons in spiced brine
- squash (preferably young) - 1 kg;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- water - 1, 5 l;
- salt - 60 g;
- sugar - 20 g;
- horseradish leaf - 1 pc .;
- currant leaves - 3 pcs .;
- cherry leaves - 3 pcs .;
- cinnamon - 1/4 pcs. sticks;
- Allspice - 10 pcs.
Method of preparation:
- Wash, dry, clean, cut into cubes about 1 cm in size or cubes of the same width, but of greater length.
- Garlic cloves cut into plates.
- Put a piece of cinnamon, a sheet of horseradish, one sheet of each of the fruit trees, a few peas of allspice on the bottom of the pan.
- Place half of the squash on top, pour half of the garlic plates onto them, place the peas of pepper on a sheet of cherries and currants.
- Put the remaining scallops in the pot, pour them with the remaining spices.
- Boil brine from water, salt and sugar. Without cooling, fill them with scallops.
- When the brine has cooled, put the scallops in the refrigerator.
You can try a snack in 3 days, but it will be tastier than anything in a week.
Salted squash with cucumbers
- medium-sized cucumbers - 1 kg;
- young scallops - 1 kg;
- water - 2 l;
- salt - 80 g;
- sugar - 40 g;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- garlic, horseradish leaves, peppercorns, dill - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash vegetables.
- Cut the tips of cucumbers, cut the fruits in half lengthwise.
- Squash clean, cut into slices.
- Cut lemon into circles.
- Put spices on the bottom of a pan or other container, put cucumbers on them, on top - slices of squash. Top with lemon slices.
- Boil water, add sugar and salt to it, boil for 5 minutes.
- Fill the vegetables with hot pickle.
- Cover with a plate, place a jar of water on top, or other cargo.
- When the brine has cooled, remove the oppression, rearrange the vegetables in the refrigerator.
You can try a snack after 3 days, but it is better to be patient and wait a week.
Lightly salted squash - a unique snack in its organoleptic qualities. You can cook it in a fast way when it takes no more than a week to pickle vegetables. This can be done according to different recipes. It is only important to observe the features of the technology, and the result will meet the expectations.