Almost everyone likes the taste of peaches, but they are valued not only for their organoleptic qualities. They have many vitamins, micro and macro elements that are necessary for the good condition of the heart and blood vessels, to maintain the beauty of the skin and hair. A considerable part of the peach-containing substances valuable to the body is preserved even after heat treatment, due to which homemade preparations of these fruits turn out to be not only tasty, but also useful. Peach juice is one of the most favorite fruit preserves. Even a novice hostess can close it for the winter if she knows the details of the technology.
The process of making peach juice is simple, especially when there is a juicer in the house. However, without knowing some of the points, the result may not meet the expectations of the chef.
- The largest yield of juice will be in the processing of ripe fruits using a juicer, but it is advisable to use a blender to get the juice with pulp.
- When chopping peaches with a blender, they must be peeled before. To do this, it is cross-cut, then the fruit is immersed in boiling water and blanched for 2-3 minutes, then transferred to a container with cold water.
- If there is no kitchen equipment in the house, you can get peach juice by rubbing the fruit through a sieve. Before that, it would not hurt them to soften by extinguishing a short time in a small amount of water. To get the juice without the pulp, the peach puree will have to be drained through gauze folded in several layers, but then it will not come out too much.
- Peaches are sweet enough to make juice from them without adding sugar. This drink is allowed even to those people who are diagnosed with diabetes. The disadvantage of this juice is its demands on storage conditions - it will stand well only in the refrigerator.
- It is necessary to spill peach juice on previously washed out with soda and sterilized jars. Lids also need to be sterilized, they are usually boiled for this for 5-10 minutes. Close the juice with metal lids, ensuring tightness. Plastic is not suitable for this.
- Peach juice tolerates heat treatment well, so it can be boiled in a saucepan and only then poured into sterilized jars. This will allow you to do without sterilizing the drink already in cans.
- The cans with the prepared juice are turned over and covered with a blanket to ensure the effect of the steam bath. This serves as an additional preservation and contributes to a better preservation of the drink.
After opening, peach juice can be stored only in the refrigerator and for no more than two days, so it is tried to be harvested in small jars, especially when it comes to concentrated juice.
Concentrated peach juice through a juicer
Composition (3 liters):
- peaches - 5 kg;
- sugar - 0, 3 kg;
- water - 0, 5-0, 75 l.
- Sort, wash the peaches, let them dry. Cut the fruit in half, remove the bones from them. Remove damaged areas. If the fruit is spoiled badly, it cannot be used for making juice.
- Recycle peaches with a juicer.
- Add boiled water to bring the juice up to 3 liters.
- Add sugar, mix.
- Put on a slow fire. While stirring, bring to a boil and dissolve the sugar. Cook for another 10 minutes after that.
- Sterilize the jars and their lids.
- Pour juice over prepared cans, cork tightly.
- Turn the jars over, cover with a blanket and leave to cool in this form.
You can store the prepared juice at room temperature for a year. Before use, the drink is recommended to be diluted.
Unconcentrated Peach Juice
Composition (3 liters):
- peaches - 1, 7 kg;
- water - 2 l;
- citric acid - 5 g;
- sugar - 0, 25 l.
- Wash peaches, dip them in boiling water, blanch for 2 minutes. Catch with a slotted spoon and transfer to a container with cold water.
- Peel the skin off the peaches, remove the bones.
- Chop the peach pulp into mashed potatoes using a blender.
- Dilute peach pulp with boiled water, add sugar and citric acid, mix.
- Set the saucepan on a slow fire, bring it to a boil, cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour the juice into prepared jars, roll them up with metal lids.
- Put the jars on the covers, wrap them with a blanket.
The cooled juice can be stored in a pantry or other place where you usually store supplies for the winter - the drink is well worth it at room temperature.
Peach juice without sugar
Composition (1 l):
- Peaches - 1, 8-2 kg.
- Cut the peeled, dried and stoned peaches into slices, put them in the upper part of the juice cooker.
- Fill the bottom of the unit with water.
- The tube through which the juice will be drained should be sent to the sterilized jar.
- Turn on the appliance or set it on fire.
- Cook until the pot is filled with juice.
- Turn off the hose, roll up the jar, turn it over and cover with something warm.
When the juice made according to this recipe cools down, it must be placed in the refrigerator, otherwise it will quickly deteriorate.
Peach juice is pleasant to drink at any time of the year, but it is especially appreciated in winter. Do not miss the opportunity to prepare this drink for the future, while peaches are relatively accessible.