Chicken with potatoes is enjoyed by both adults and children, and for the hostess in general is a lifesaver, since with a minimum of expenses a tasty and nutritious dish is obtained.
For cooking everyday dinner or a festive dinner, you can use a whole chicken, after cutting it into portions, or take only those parts of the chicken carcass that are in high demand. For example, shin.
Their advantage is that they have a lot of meat, they do not have small bones, veins, fat, they are convenient to eat, holding the bone. Of course, if you do not pay attention to the rules of etiquette at the table. Especially if a nice papillote is put on this part of the shin - a paper cuff.
The shins occupy a lot of space in the dishes, so housewives often prepare them separately from the side dish, which creates a lot of inconvenience. First, you need to have two burners, two containers (pan and pan). And most importantly, you need to calculate everything in such a way that both meat and garnish are prepared at the same time.
With the advent of the multicooker, almost all problems were resolved by themselves.
The slow cooker has a roomy bowl, where both the legs and the potato are easily placed - that side dish, where the hostess most often chooses.
It is enough to know only the small nuances of cooking in this miracle pot in order to get a tasty dish in the end.
The subtleties of cooking chicken drumsticks with potatoes in a slow cooker
- A successful acquisition is the cooled leg. But mostly they are sold frozen, so they need to be defrosted before use.
- Those hostesses who defrost their shins wrongly, immerse them in water or put them in a microwave oven. In the first case, the meat is washed out most of the nutrients, it becomes watery and tasteless. In the second case, the defrost is uneven. And if you hold the meat in the microwave for an extra 5-10 seconds, it seems to be cooked from one side and cold from the other side. Therefore, defrosting should be done only in a natural way: at room temperature or in a refrigerator at + 5-7 °.
- Potatoes for quenching with shins need to choose one that is not too quickly boiled soft. Otherwise, as a result, the legs will be covered with mashed potatoes on all sides, which will create additional difficulties in eating them.
- The cooking time for shins and potatoes is different, and this should be taken into account when laying in the slow cooker. First, bring the shank to half-cooked (stew or fry), and then add the potatoes, cut into not very small slices.
- If you want the potato to have a golden crust too, do not add the onion directly to the bowl. You can fry it separately and combine with meat and potatoes at the very end of cooking or sprinkle them with a ready-made dish.
- To make your shins soft, marinate them in mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream before cooking. For spicy taste, you can add a little ketchup or tomato paste. But in this case, the potatoes will be cooked a little longer than usual.
- Fry meat and potatoes in the “Frying” mode with the lid open.
- Bake foods by setting the “Baking” or “Baking” function. The lid must be closed. Cooking time usually ranges from forty to sixty minutes. To meat evenly fried, in the middle of the cycle it must be turned to the other side.
- If you want to stew shins, first fry them in frying mode, then switch the slow cooker to the “Fighting” mode. Since quenching occurs with the addition of liquid, do not mix the potatoes, otherwise it will lose its shape.
- To add a spicy flavor, be sure to add spices and seasonings. Combine them so that they are combined with potatoes and meat. Garlic, dill, bay leaf, parsley, celery, cumin and pepper are well suited to this dish. Coriander, curry, hops-suneli, paprika are well combined with these products.
And now - recipes.
Chicken drumsticks, baked with potatoes in a slow cooker
- chicken drumsticks - 5-7 pcs .;
- potatoes - 0, 4-0, 5 kg;
- black pepper;
- refined sunflower oil - 20 g;
- cumin - 0, 3 tsp.
- Wash shins with warm water and blot with paper towel. Leave it on the table to dry slightly.
- Rub them with salt and pepper.
- Peel potatoes, wash, wipe them with a napkin. Cut into circles. Put in a bowl, sprinkle with cumin, lightly salt and sprinkle with oil. Stir.
- Pour oil into the multicooker bowl. Install the “Baking” program. Turn on. When the oil warms up, put the drumstick. Cook until the underside of the meat is lightly browned. Turn over.
- Put them on a mug of potatoes on them.
- Close the multicooker. After 17-20 minutes, gently turn the tibia over, with some of the potatoes on the bottom. Bake another 20-30 minutes. If the end of work signal has sounded, switch on the multicooker for the missing time again.
- Try the potatoes. If you are not satisfied with its degree of readiness, bake a few more minutes.
Chicken drumsticks with potatoes and vegetables in a slow cooker
- chicken drumsticks - 5-7 pcs .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- potatoes - 5 pcs .;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 3 slices;
- refined sunflower oil - 30 g;
- mayonnaise - 40 g;
- mustard ready - 20 g;
- seasoning for chicken - to taste.
- Fold the prepared chicken drumsticks into a deep plate. Put mayonnaise, mustard, seasoning for chicken, pepper. Stir to cover the meat from all sides. Leave for half an hour to marinate.
- Cut carrots and potatoes into slices no more than a centimeter thick. Chop onions. Rub the garlic on the grater.
- Pour oil into the multicooker bowl. Turn on the mode “Frying” or “Baking”. In hot oil, lower the legs and fry from all sides. Put on a plate.
- In place of the shins, place the bow. Save it to a light yellow color.
- Put the potatoes and carrots. Stir. Fry slightly.
- Pour in a glass of water. Salt it. Pour the garlic over the vegetables, lay the legs. On the display set the function “Quenching” Cook 40 minutes. Do not mix.
Chicken drumsticks stewed with potatoes in a slow cooker
- chicken drumsticks - 5-7 pcs .;
- potatoes - 0, 7 kg;
- onions - 200 g;
- carrots - 75 g;
- butter melted - 40 g;
- seasoning for potatoes - 5 g;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Melt butter in the bowl. Fold the prepared leg. Fry in baking mode until golden brown.
- Dice onion, chop carrot into thin straws. Add to meat, mix. Fry until soft vegetables.
- Pour in 1-1,5 cups of hot water, bring to a boil. Salt it.
- Pour the potatoes, cut into large cubes. Sprinkle with potato seasoning. Put a bay leaf.
- Install the Quenching Software. Cook one hour.
Mistress to note
Pre-marinating speeds up the cooking of meat. But if you use sour ingredients for the marinade, this can affect the taste of potatoes.
It is recommended to lower the legs of an old bird in a small amount of water first, by setting the mode “Quenching”, and then add oil and fry, switching to the “Baking” or “Baking” function. Only after that you can add potatoes.
Any dish of shins and potatoes will be tastier if, at the end of cooking, you sprinkle it thickly with grated cheese and warm it for 10-15 minutes without stirring.