Grapefruit (lat. Citrus paradise) is an evergreen tree, which is home to India. This garden plant is the result of crossing an orange and a broom. In other words, a hybrid. Fruits of grapefruit wood compared with orange have a more acidic pulp, also divided into slices. The color of grapefruit pulp can vary from yellow to red and ruby. Grapefruit contains many biologically active substances that have a positive effect on the human body. The same can be said about his skin. She, like the pulp of the fruit, has a rich chemical composition, so it began to process and get a very valuable product - grapefruit oil. Although it is young in comparison with other esters (it was started to be commercially produced only in 1933), grapefruit essential oil had a great chance to recommend itself in such areas as aromatherapy, cosmetology and medicine.
Chemical composition and benefits of grapefruit oil
Cold pressing is the method by which essential oil is formed from the peel of a hybrid. The phytoesence obtained has a sweet-citrus, cool aroma. She has a light, flowing texture and a barely noticeable yellowish tint.
Essential oil extracted from grapefruit peel, fully preserves nutrients due to the method of obtaining. It contains many organic acids, riboflavin, carotene, nicotinic and ascorbic acids, calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, selenium, potassium, copper, limonene, geraniol, citral, pinene, linalool, and myrcene. In the complex, the above substances confer the grapefruit essential oil with healing properties, by means of which you can preserve health and youth.
Grapefruit Essential Oil for Health
- Grapefruit oil will help improve the performance of the digestive system. As a result of its reception, the processes of digestion and assimilation of food are normalized, and the feeling of heaviness in the stomach is also eliminated. Moreover, phyto-essences are able to restore the activity of the liver and gallbladder, thus relieving them from stagnation.
- The strongest adaptogenic qualities make grapefruit ether an excellent means to strengthen the body. Increasing immunity, the oil makes the body less vulnerable to colds and infectious diseases. Also, due to adaptogenic properties, grapefruit oil is used to prevent atherosclerosis.
- Grapefruit peel oil has a cleansing ability. Due to this property, lymph and blood are cleaned from harmful compounds - slags and toxic substances. Moreover, this product activates the process of removing excess fluid from the body.
- For the cardiovascular system, grapefruit oil is useful because it lowers the amount of low-density lipoprotein in the blood. In other words, it eliminates the harmful cholesterol that clogs the blood vessels. It is effective in the treatment of arrhythmias, hypertension.
- Grapefruit oil copes well with migraines and headaches. Also its use is indicated for muscle pain. Grapefruit oil not only eliminates pain, but also relieves spasms, relieves muscles from tension and fatigue, promotes the elimination of lactic acid and improves the flexibility of muscle fibers. Even aroma oil works well with joint pain caused by arthritis.
- The diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties of grapefruit essential oil help to cope with kidney diseases, including it prevents the appearance of sand and stones in this organ.
- Grapefruit oil has a beneficial effect on the nervous system. It gives vigor and optimism, suppresses anxiety and fear, eliminates depressive thoughts, insomnia and laziness, increases stress tolerance. Also, grapefruit essence will help improve the condition in the premenstrual period and during pregnancy. In addition, aromatic grapefruit oil is an aphrodisiac: it psychologically liberates and gives confidence.
- Grapefruit oil is an indispensable aid for those who have suffered serious illnesses or surgical interventions, as it accelerates the recovery period.
- Grapefruit essential oil is recommended to be used to combat bad breath. It is also effective in the treatment of periodontal disease.
- Grapefruit essence will be helpful in asthenic syndrome, pulmonary insufficiency and bronchitis.
- Note the benefits of grapefruit ether and slimming. It increases the rate of metabolic processes and, in addition, restores fat metabolism. It is due to the above that fat burning processes are accelerated, which, accordingly, leads to a decrease in the layer of subcutaneous fat.
Grapefruit Essential Oil for Skin
- This aromatic oil is in demand in skin care no less than other more well-known esters. It is especially useful for oily skin. Oil can get rid of all the major problems inherent in oily epidermis. First, grapefruit essential oil helps reduce the production of sebum - sebum; secondly, it cleans the sebaceous ducts and reduces their size; calms inflammatory processes, accelerates the healing of wounds caused by them and prevents the formation of new ones.
- Also, grapefruit oil actively fights enzymes that destroy elastin and collagen fibers responsible for the youth of the dermis. Moreover, the ether stimulates the production of new fibers. As a result, the skin acquires the same elasticity and elasticity. It is also worth noting that it is excellent in combating unwanted pigmentation, which often occurs on aged skin.
- In home cosmetology, grapefruit oil is often used as a nourishing, moisturizing, and protecting agent against wind, ultraviolet rays, and frost.
- With the help of grapefruit essence, blood vessels are significantly strengthened. This property allows you to use it for the prevention of "spider veins" - couperose.
- Due to the fact that grapefruit oil removes excess fluid from the intercellular space, it is used to remove bags under the eyes and puffiness of the face. The same property helps to cope with the “orange peel” - cellulite.
Grapefruit essential oil for hair
- Grapefruit phyto-essence is most often used in the care of oily hair types that are prone to rapid contamination. It provides a cleansing effect and acts directly on the work of the sebaceous glands, with the result that the curls cease to become dirty quickly.
- Also grapefruit ether is a wonderful tonic. It makes strong hair at the roots, preventing their loss. Grapefruit oil is so effective that it is recommended even with alopecia.
- This air will be very useful for dandruff. Moreover, grapefruit oil will help to cope not only with dandruff, which is caused by a strong drying of the scalp, but also with dandruff provoked by pathogenic microorganisms.
- Grapefruit essential oil is used to care for hairs that need to be restored.
- The protective properties of the essence of grapefruit help to protect the strands from the negative effects of the sun, frost and winds.
Tips for using grapefruit oil
- Before using grapefruit peel oil, a test should be done to identify individual intolerance. Lubricate the wrist with a drop of the product. In the first minutes there will be redness and burning sensation. If these symptoms do not disappear within 1 hour, remove the agent from the skin with running water and then no longer use it.
- Since grapefruit is a citrus fruit, it has a photosensitizing effect. Based on this, grapefruit oil is not recommended to be applied less than 60 minutes before going outside. By neglecting this, you risk getting burned or irritated.
- Strictly observe the dosage of ether, regardless of how you take it - inside or outside. Internal use of ether should not exceed 3 drops per day. For outdoor use, follow the doses indicated in the recipe.
- Intake of grapefruit essential oil inside should be carried out after meals in combination with honey, jam or vegetable oil. Then you should drink the mixture with acidified water. This will help avoid irritation of the gastric mucosa. In the presence of heartburn, you need to replace the acidified water with kefir or natural yogurt.
- Completely stop using grapefruit oil for those who suffer from hypertension and epilepsy. During pregnancy, it is allowed to use this product only in aroma lamps or aroma-medals.
Grapefruit Oil Treatment
To improve the activity of the gallbladder and liver, grapefruit oil is taken orally. In this case, 1 drop of ether is mixed with a tablespoon of honey, jam or vegetable oil.
From gravity in the stomach, it is recommended to use grapefruit oil as follows: mix 2 drops of essence with 5 drops of lemon juice. Soak up the crust with the mixture and eat it.
Compresses with essential oil of grapefruit well help with diseases of the liver, gallbladder and joints. To make a compress, you need to soak a cotton napkin with a mixture of 5 drops of ether and a tablespoon of any vegetable oil heated in a water bath. Apply the impregnated fabric to the area of pain and fix it with polyethylene. On top of the compress it is desirable to put a warm heating pad. The duration of the procedure is 15-20 minutes. Inhalation with essential oil of grapefruit will help speed up the recovery of the body during a cold or flu. To conduct a cold inhalation, drip 2 drops of oil on a cotton swab or napkin and breathe vapors. For hot inhalation you will need a glass of hot water and 1-2 drops of essence. In this and in another case, the duration of the procedure should not exceed 7 minutes.
With periodontal disease and halitosis, rinse is used. To do this, prepare a solution consisting of a teaspoon of honey, salt or soda, 2 drops of phyto-essences and a glass of warm boiled water.
Great grapefruit oil for massage. To make a healing massage, 5-6 drops of grapefruit essence are combined with a tablespoon of base oil.
You can relieve tension and physical fatigue through an aromatic bath. Fill the bath with warm water and dissolve in it a mixture of 3 drops of bergamot oil, 3 drops of grapefruit oil and a tablespoon of emulsifier. In its role can be honey, salt, milk, kefir. Enough to take aromabahn for 10-15 minutes.
Aromatization of the room with grapefruit oil eliminates unpleasant odors and also has a beneficial effect on health. It, like aromabaths, relieves stress, improves general well-being and even helps pregnant women to combat toxicosis. To fill the room with the aroma of grapefruit oil, you need to add so much ether to the aroma lamp that for every 10 square meters. m accounted for about 3-4 drops of funds.
Grapefruit oil: application in cosmetology
Grapefruit essential oil perfectly complements the purchased cosmetics, as a result of which they become much more effective. It is necessary to enrich the finished care products so that there is no more than 2-3 drops of ether per 1 tablespoon of the product.
In undiluted form, grapefruit phyto-essence can help to cope with acne: it relieves inflammation and accelerates their healing. In this case, the oil is applied pointwise. To combat cellulite, grapefruit oil should be mixed with a tablespoon of massage or base oil. The resulting mixture should be massaged in a circular motion, moving from top to bottom. To improve the effectiveness of the procedure, it is recommended to carry it out after taking the aroma bath. Also, the effectiveness of the massage is enhanced when grapefruit oil is combined with lavender, lemon, geranium, patchouli, neroli, fennel or orange oil.
Brightening Skin Mask
What do you need:
- almond butter - 2 tablespoons;
- pink and grapefruit esters - 3 drops each;
- ginger oil - 4 drops.
How to cook:
- All ingredients of the healing composition should be thoroughly mixed in a common container.
With the prepared preparation, twice a day, to process the freckles and pigment spots until the positive results appear.
Mask for oily skin
What do you need:
- honey - 4 tsp;
- alcohol, boiled water - 1 teaspoon;
- tea tree and grapefruit ester - 2 drops each.
How to cook:
- Mix the mask components in the following order: alcohol, liquid honey, water, essential oils.
Apply the mask to cleansed and steamed skin for a quarter of an hour, and then rinse with warm water. This composition has a complex effect on oily skin: it fights acne, improves the complexion and even tightens the epidermis. Do the procedure 1-2 times a week.
Anti-hair loss mask
What do you need:
- burdock oil - 2 tablespoons;
- grapefruit oil - 3-4 drops.
How to cook:
- Vegetable oil is slightly heated and enriched with ether.
With a mask of oils, treat the skin of the head. For better effect, you can massage the scalp for 7-10 minutes. Then wrap your head with cellophane and a warm scarf for at least 1 hour. When this time has passed, rinse off the mask using shampoo. To make hair stronger at the roots, thereby preventing their loss, apply a mask at least 2 times a week. With proper use for 1-1, 5 months, the essential oil of grapefruit will do incredible miracles: hair and skin will shine with health and beauty, and health will be much better.