Juicy, tasty, healthy and nutritious millet porridge on milk will be obtained from the first time even for those who have never cooked it. Such a dish can be easily created for breakfast and for an afternoon snack. The only minus of millet is that it can be bitter, therefore, it is necessary to wash such grits in three or four waters in order to completely remove scales and peel. Serve porridge with milk, you can with honey or sugar, jam or jam - choose the sweetness to your liking, but be sure to add the butter, preferably already melted or homemade, freshly whipped. Remember that porridge must first be boiled in water until half-ready, so that each grain will open, and only then add warm milk to it.
You will need:
- 100 g of millet;
- 100 ml of warm milk;
- 200 ml of hot water;
- 2 pinches of salt;
- sugar, honey and butter to taste.
How to cook millet porridge with milk
1. Soak the millet in water, then carefully mix and sprinkle water. Repeat this procedure with croup about 3-4 times. Do not neglect this advice, otherwise you may end up with a little bitterness at the exit!
2. We will pour the washed millet into a saucepan and fill it with hot water, add a couple of pinch of salt. Place the pan on the stove, turning on the average heat and boil the millet for about 10 minutes until half cooked.
3. As soon as millet swells twice, you can pour in milk.
4. Do not forget to heat the milk, because when you add cold liquid, the croup “closes” and its core cools, and we need to boil it! That is why with any cooking always add only warm or hot liquid. Pour warm milk, heated in a microwave or in another container. Boil the porridge for another 5-7 minutes, but with minimal heat, so that it “sucks in” all the milk. At this stage, you can add sweetness: sugar, jam, jam, etc., but not honey - it is added when serving food on the table.
5. As soon as the cereal “sucks in” the milk and becomes crumbly, swollen, your dish is completely cooked and can be spread on plates.
6. When serving, be sure to pour the gruel with melted butter or simply put a piece of homemade butter in the porridge plates. To taste, add any sweetness, if this is not done during the cooking process.