Italian open cake was loved by many of our compatriots, but everyone likes their type of baking. You can argue which pizza is better, not only because of the filling, but also because of its flour base. Some prefer thin, others - lush. Thin pizza dough has a large number of fans due to the fact that it does not overshadow the filling with its taste. But not everyone can cook it. To obtain such a framework, you need to find a suitable recipe and learn a few subtleties. Then the desired result will be possible to get the first time.
To prepare a thin pizza dough, you need to know a few important points.
- It is advisable to start with the selection of the main ingredient - flour. Experienced chefs advise to give preference to the Italian product of durum wheat, which contains up to 12% protein and a lot of gluten. If you are compelled to use flour of a domestic production, stop a choice on a product of the premium, it is impossible to save on a flour for pizza.
- Pizza dough should be flexible and firm, not sticking to hands. It is important that it is easily stretched and not torn. This is achieved by choosing the right ingredients and following the technology of kneading dough.
- With eggs, the dough is more delicious, but less elastic. In the dough for a thin pizza they are usually not put or added in a minimum quantity.
- Vegetable oil improves dough elasticity. If it is intended for pizza, preference is given to olive - this corresponds to the Italian tradition. But to replace it with refined sunflower oil will not be a mistake.
- The addition of acidic components to the dough will also enhance the elasticity of the dough. Usually for this they use yeast. If the dough is prepared without them, you can add a little lemon juice or vinegar to it, sometimes quenching the soda, which acts as a baking powder. As part of a special baking powder for the dough, similar components are also present.
- After mixing, the pizza dough is allowed to rest for 20-30 minutes. During this time, the gluten will have time to swell, and the dough will become more elastic.
- Whatever dough you cook, flour needs to be sifted for it. This not only helps to clean it from small litter, but also promotes oxygen saturation. This flour is better combined with liquid ingredients, without forming lumps, products made from it are more tender and pleasant to taste.
- To prepare the yeast dough, the yeast is activated in a warm liquid (water, milk, kefir). Fluid temperature should be 36-40 degrees. With a lower yeast can not earn, the heat can kill them.
- In order for the yeast dough to rise, it is kept in a warm room, protecting it from drafts. It usually begins to roll out only after the second lift.
- Experienced cooks for making thin pizza do not roll out the dough, but stretch it with their hands, but it is acceptable to roll it out, leaving a slightly wider layer at the edges than in the center.
- The form or baking sheet should be smeared with vegetable oil before placing the pizza dough on it. Good ideas would be to heat the baking sheet before moving the pizza dough onto it.
Bake thin pizza in a well heated oven. It is desirable to set the temperature in the oven to the maximum, then the cooking time for the pizza base will be only 10-15 minutes.
Thin yeast dough for pizza on water
- pressed yeast - 15 g;
- wheat flour - 0, 25 kg;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- salt - 2 g;
- sugar - 20 g;
- olive oil - 20 ml.
- Boil water, cool to 40 degrees, dissolve the yeast in it, add sugar, stir and leave for 10-15 minutes so that the yeast has time to be activated.
- Sift the flour directly on the working surface of the table, mix it with salt. Make a groove in the center of the flour slides.
- Pour the water with yeast and a spoonful of olive oil into the well.
- Starting from the center and gradually picking up flour from the edges in the middle, knead the soft, but not sticky dough.
- Form a ball out of dough, put it in a saucepan, cover with a towel.
- Place the container with the dough in a warm place and wait until it doubles in volume. Punch the dough and wait for it to rise again. In total, it will take about 2 hours.
- Form a dough with a diameter of about 10 cm from the dough. Its thickness will be about 3 cm. Italian chefs deftly throw this dough and twist it on a finger. The purpose of this ritual is to saturate the dough with oxygen. You can do without this trick.
Stretch the tortilla into a round layer about 30 cm in diameter, put on a greased and heated baking sheet. Preheat the oven to at least 240 degrees, send a pan with dough, bake the pizza base for 10 minutes. It remains to grease the pizza sauce, put the stuffing on it and bake until the filling is ready.
Unleavened thin pizza dough
- water - 100 ml;
- wheat flour - how much dough will take (0, 25-0, 35 kg);
- olive oil - 80 ml;
- baking powder for dough - 5 g;
- salt - 2 g.
- Sift flour. Pour off 0, 25 kg, mix with a baking powder and salt. The remaining flour will need to pour later as needed.
- Pour the flour mixed with a baking powder onto the working surface of the table, make a well in it.
- Boil water, mix with oil, pour into the well, knead the dough. At this stage, it will be too liquid and soft.
- Pouring a little flour and kneading dough, achieve a more dense and elastic composition.
- Roll the dough into a bowl, place in a plastic bag and leave for half an hour at room temperature.
Roll the dough into a layer about 3 mm thick, dry in the oven, brush with the sauce, cover with the filling, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven to bake the cake until tender. According to this recipe, dough for thin pizza is prepared quickly and simply, even an inexperienced cook will cope with the task.
Thin pizza dough on kefir
- wheat flour - 0, 25 kg;
- kefir - 100 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- sugar - 10 g;
- salt - 2 g;
- soda - 2 g.
- Remove the kefir from the refrigerator in advance so that it can warm up to room temperature by the time the dough is prepared.
- Mix sifted flour with salt, soda and sugar.
- Mix kefir with butter.
- Combine the liquid mixture with the dry, knead the dense, not sticky to the hands of the dough.
- Cover the dough with a film, let it rest for half an hour.
After a specified time, the dough is ready for use. He is favored by many chefs, as the basis for the pizza is thin and tasty, and its preparation does not take much time and effort.
In order to prepare a thin pizza dough, it is not necessary to be a professional cook. There are recipes for which even an inexperienced cook can make it.