It is difficult to find a person who does not like cabbage rolls. After all, a variety of fillings and sauces with which they are prepared, allows you to choose a dish to suit every taste. However, not every housewife decides to please her loved ones with this universal dish. Frightening apparent complexity of the process. In fact, nothing complicated in the preparation of cabbage is not, if you know a few small secrets. Best to start with the classics: stuffed cabbage in the oven in tomato-sour cream sauce, perhaps the most popular. Their taste and appearance will not disappoint you.
Form neat cabbage rolls and make them tasty, tender and juicy is hardly possible for those who have no culinary experience or do not have information on how to cook cabbage rolls correctly. However, knowing these secrets will not fail.
- To make cabbage rolls easier to form, cabbages need to be properly prepared. First heading washed, remove the upper leaves, as they are usually sluggish. Then cut out the stalk with a strong sharp knife. Boil water in a large saucepan. When bubbles appear on its surface, the head is immersed in water so that the hole in the place of the stalk is on the bottom. Cabbage is boiled over low heat with a fork checking readiness. As soon as the leaves are sufficiently flexible so that they can be rolled, the cabbage should be removed from the pan, rinsed with cool water and dried with a kitchen towel. If the cabbage is young, you can not even cook it, but only hold it for 5 minutes in hot water.
- To make the cabbage easier to wrap the stuffing, cabbage leaves should be slightly tipped off with the back of a knife or the side of a culinary hammer. You do not need to beat the entire sheet, but only dense veins. The thickest can even be cut.
- At the heart of stuffing for cabbage can be any meat, only one thing is important: it must be fresh.
- Delicious minced meat is obtained by mixing 2-3 types of meat, one of which is pork.
- Rice is added to the stuffing for cabbage according to the traditional recipe. For 1 kg of minced meat usually take 150-160 g of rice cereal. If you do not boil it beforehand, then it will remain firm in the stuffed cabbage and spoil the taste of the dish. Therefore, it is boiled, but not to full readiness. Digesting rice is almost as bad as undercooking.
- If, before roasting in the oven, the cabbage rolls are lightly fried in a pan, they will be even tastier.
For the rest, follow the instructions in the recipe, and you will definitely succeed.
Recipe for cabbage rolls baked in the oven with tomato-sour cream sauce
- white cabbage - 1, 5-2 kg (1 head);
- ground beef - 0, 5 kg;
- minced pork - 0, 5 kg;
- rice - 150 g;
- onions - 0, 25 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- sour cream - 0, 2 l;
- tomatoes - 0, 25 kg (150 g of tomato sauce or 80 g of tomato paste can be replaced);
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - how much will be needed for roasting;
- bay leaf - 3 pcs .;
- black pepper peas - 5 pcs.
Method of preparation:
- Boil the cabbage lightly. Dry it. Carefully separate the leaves, cut off the seals at the base, slightly repel the leaves at the bottom. Stack on top of each other.
- Boil the rice almost to readiness.
- Mix two kinds of minced meat, pepper and salt.
- Peel the onions, cut into small pieces, add half to the mince.
- Mix the mince with the rice, mix thoroughly.
- Grate carrots.
- Put the cabbage leaf in front of you with the base down. At the top of it, departing a few centimeters from the edge, put the stuffing. Cover it with the top of the leaf, then tuck the cabbage leaf to the left and right, roll it up like a pancake, in a downward direction.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Lightly fry the cabbage rolls in it and put them in a heat-resistant form. If you are on a diet, then the cabbage rolls can not be fried, and immediately put in shape.
- Put onions and carrots in a frying pan with hot oil, fry them for 5 minutes so that they get a pleasant golden hue. In the sauce this will not be visible, but the taste will still remain.
- Boil the tomatoes and peel. Chop the tomato pulp with a blender and mix with sour cream. If using tomato paste, pre-dilute it with water in a 1: 1 ratio. Pour this mixture onions and carrots. Extinguish them until the sauce boils. Pour them stuffed cabbage. Add laurel leaves and peppercorns.
- Put the form with stuffed cabbage in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. Cook them at this temperature for 40 minutes.
Cabbage rolls are a self-sufficient dish, they do not serve garnish to them. But the sauce, in which they are baked, even pour them to. If desired, they can be served with sour cream, and the sauce used for other purposes, it is very tasty.
Stuffed cabbage with tomato-cream sauce is a classic of cooking. The most delicious they are obtained if they are baked with this sauce in the oven.