Lavender (from the Latin. Lavandula) since ancient times is considered to be a healing plant that helps against many ailments. This plant was even the main remedy in monastic hospitals, and all thanks to its anesthetic and healing properties. In fact, lavender is very popular today, especially in the form of essential oil. It is universal, so it is used in many industries: to create perfumes, in aromatherapy, household chemicals, traditional medicine, pharmacology and cosmetology.
Lavender oil: production, description and properties
Lavender essential oil is extracted from inflorescences of the same name evergreen shrub. For such a long time of use, people have tried more than one method of extracting ether. At the moment, steam distillation is considered the most optimal method for producing lavender oil. Due to the steam distillation of fresh lavender flowers, an almost colorless oily substance is formed, with a faint yellowish glow, light texture and floral aroma with woody notes. It is important to note that the quality of the final product is influenced by the origin of the raw materials and where it is produced. French lavender oil is a favorite for quality and uniqueness. Behind him are oils produced in England, the Crimea and Australia.
We should also tell about the composition of lavender essential oil. Most of it is in alcohol esters and acids. The rest of the composition includes alcohols, tannins, resins, bitters and organic acids. Such an abundance of biologically active components makes lavender oil extremely useful for the human body.
- Due to the high antiviral activity, lavender essential oil is used both in therapy and for the prevention of infectious diseases of the throat, nose and bronchopulmonary system. It helps in the treatment of laryngitis, tonsillitis, whooping cough, frontitis, bronchitis, antritis, ARVI and ARI.
- Also, lavender oil is a powerful immunostimulant, that is, it helps the body build and strengthen the internal protection that protects it against pathogenic microorganisms that cause viral and infectious diseases.
- Lavender essential oil has a positive effect on pain in bones, joints and muscles, and it immediately has a double effect. Ether anesthetizes and simultaneously relieves stress arising on the background of painful sensations. For this reason, it is also often used for convulsions and congestive inflammations.
- This product is very beneficial for the digestive system, because under its influence the movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract is improved. Moreover, it stimulates the production of gastric juice and bile, which makes it a good helper in getting rid of stomach disorders and pain, flatulence, colic and vomiting.
- Lavender ester accelerates the rate of blood circulation through the body, because it is used to lower blood pressure, that is, to treat a disease such as hypertension. Also, because of this, organs are better supplied with oxygen, thus improving overall health and increasing brain activity. Plus, the risks of heart attacks and the development of atherosclerosis are significantly reduced.
- On the positive side, lavender oil also manifests itself in the gynecological area. It contributes to the restoration of the menstrual cycle, helps to carry the menopausal period more easily.
- Also lavender ether is used in aromatherapy. Breathing in its scent is useful for migraines and headaches. It also helps to get rid of nervous exhaustion and anxiety. The effect of oil on the vegetative system is well studied, and therefore insomnia is treated through it.
- Trichologists also speak very well of lavender essential oil. They are advised to use it in the presence of dandruff, brittleness and hair loss. It is especially recommended for solving the latter problem, that is, with excessive hair loss. It improves the supply of hair bags with nutrients, moisture and oxygen. As a result, their activity is normalized - they become stronger and begin to produce healthy hair rods. Moreover, it can help to deal with lice and nits.
- Lavender oil is also actively used in cosmetology, because the elements contained in it rejuvenate, regenerate and tone the skin. Since it has a complex effect on the epidermis, it can be used on any type of skin. Lavender essential oil regulates the level of secretions of the sebaceous glands; inhibits pathogens that provoke inflammatory formations on the skin; eliminates puffiness and peeling; nourishes, moisturizes and deeply cleanses the skin. It is also important to note that this oil can significantly accelerate the healing of purulent wounds, cuts and burns, relieve pigment spots and prevent the appearance of scars after acne.
How to use lavender oil correctly
- Before using lavender essential oil, it is imperative that an allergic test be performed. To do this, lubricate a small area of the skin in the area of the elbow bend lavender phyto-essences. If, as a result of this procedure, the skin does not react with itching, irritation and redness, the tool suits you. Please note that lavender oil, in addition to individual intolerance, has other contraindications. In no case do not use it during childbirth, after an abortion during the first 3 months, with hypotension, epilepsy and anemia. Also, it cannot be combined with drugs that contain iodine and iron.
- Essential oils, in comparison with most other natural remedies, contain a large amount of active substances, that is, they are highly concentrated. Because of this, they are almost never used in pure form. Therefore, if you do not want to burn the skin and cause dizziness, nausea and headache, always clearly follow the dosages indicated in the recipe.
- To heal the mixture with lavender essential oil contains the maximum number of biologically active substances, prepare them in containers that do not have oxidizing properties. For this perfect dish of glass, porcelain and ceramics. Also note that the benefits of home medical formulations depend on their freshness. From the means prepared before use, the healing effect will come much faster.
- Remember that when using lavender oil for the face, the skin must first be prepared, that is, cleaned of cosmetics and dust and steamed over boiling water or freshly prepared herbal decoction. So you at times improve its susceptibility, and, therefore, it will learn more useful elements that will positively affect the results from cosmetic procedures.
- Procedures with lavender essence should be done by courses. Doing them 1-2 a week for 1, 5 months, you will achieve a lasting effect in the treatment.
Lavender oil: methods of use
To get rid of pain in the muscle fibers should be rubbed lavender essence in the place of localization of pain. It would be better if you mix 4 drops of lavender oil with a drop of juniper ether and 2 drops of rosemary and eucalyptus esters.
Accelerate muscle recovery after stretching will help a mixture of a tablespoon of olive oil and esters of lavender, eucalyptus and rosemary, taken in 2 drops. The resulting mixture should be rubbed into the place of stretching with massaging movements. It is possible to cope with a cold more quickly with the help of inhalations. At the beginning of the disease is recommended to make wet inhalation. To do this, dilute a few drops of lavender oil in warm boiled water and inhale its aroma. When the recovery period comes, go for a dry inhalation. Dampen a scarf with 2-3 drops of ether and breathe vapors. Both in the first and in the second case the duration of the procedure should be 5-10 minutes. During inhalation, close your eyes.
When sprains, sprains and fractures, it is very useful to make compresses with lavender essential oil. Compress is done as follows: 15 drops of ether dissolve in 100 ml of warm water, then a gauze napkin is well moistened in the resulting mixture and applied to the diseased area. After fixing the compress with the film, wait 20 minutes. When the procedure is over, remove the compress and gently massage the affected area with lavender oil. The procedure described should be carried out once a day.
To soothe the nervous system, relieve mental overstrain and improve the concentration of lavender oil, the room is flavored. It is sprayed through an aroma lamp. For better effect, it is recommended to mix 2 drops of lavender oil with 1 drop of orange oil, with 5 drops of rosemary oil and 2 drops of geranium oil. Consider that for 5 square meters there should be no more than 1 drop of fragrant phyto-essences.
Increased sweating feet treated foot baths. Pour 4 tablespoons of dry sage and the same amount of dry lavender with a liter of boiling water. Let the mixture stand for half an hour, then strain it and enrich it with 5 ml of lavender ether and 3 ml of sage essential oil. Place the mixture in a basin. Take a foot bath for one third of an hour. Favorably affect the body and aromabaths. With their help, strong diaphoretic, choleretic and diuretic effects are achieved. This allows them to be used for the treatment of urolithiasis, pyelonephritis and other inflammatory processes. And still such baths perfectly relax. In order to take a therapeutic aroma bath, you should mix lavender oil in the amount of 5-7 drops with a tablespoon of emulsifier. The emulsifier can be salt, both cooking, and sea, honey, milk, kefir. Dissolve the resulting mass in the bathroom. Take the aroma bath takes 5-20 minutes. Note that only hot water is suitable for the aroma bath.
It is possible to get rid of such skin diseases as vitiligo, eczema, dermatosis, and mycosis by means of a precise massage with pure lavender phyto-essences.
To quickly heal the abrasion, wound, burn and ulcer, you need to lubricate the damaged area of the skin or pure essential oil of lavender, or a mixture of lavender ether and any vegetable oil, for example, olive.
Mixing alcohol and lavender ether in equal proportions, you can relieve itching and inflammation from insect bites. To do this, simply grease the sore spot with the prepared composition.
For snakebites, lavender oil is used as a poison neutralizer. Rub phytoesence at the site of the bite, and you will significantly reduce the negative effect of the poison on the body.
Lavender essential oil helps to improve the condition of the kidneys when they are inflamed. In this case, it is applied inside. Mix 250 ml of water with a teaspoon of honey and 1-2 drops of lavender oil. Drink the resulting mixture 2-3 times a day.
Lavender ester is also used to enrich the purchase of cosmetic products. At the same time observe the following proportions: 2-3 drops of ether per serving.
Mask to strengthen and grow hair
What is necessary:
- castor oil - 2 tablespoons;
- lavender essential oil - 4-5 drops.
How to cook:
- First heat up the castor oil to body temperature, then add lavender essence to it.
Rub the mixture of oils into the scalp. It is advisable to do this with massaging movements in order to further enhance blood circulation. Soak the mask for about an hour, and then remove, rinse with warm water and shampoo. If you didn’t wash it off the first time, wash your head again. This mask with regular use will help make the hair strong at the roots, as it supplies them with the nutrients necessary for the full functioning of the hair follicles. Moreover, it is considered an effective tool to combat dandruff and accelerate hair growth.
What is necessary:
- egg white - 1 pc .;
- buckwheat honey - 1 tablespoon;
- natural yogurt - 2, 5 tablespoons;
- lavender oil - 3-4 drops.
How to cook:
- Beat the egg white thoroughly.
- Then enter it in the honey warmed up in a water bath. There also add the remaining components.
Spread a well-mixed composition on your face for a third of an hour. Wash off the mask with warm water. It perfectly nourishes and moisturizes the skin. Also under her influence, cell renewal is launched. All this allows you to keep your skin youthful and stay in good shape.
Also for the skin, lavender oil can be used with acne. Dampen a cotton swab in this product and lubricate the point of inflammation with a point. Nail care is another way to apply lavender oil. Mix it and tea tree oil in the amount of 2 drops with 2 teaspoons of apricot oil. Rub the mixture into the nails every day, and you will notice how they will become much stronger.
Numerous ways to use lavender essential oil prove that, despite the abundance of various medicinal and cosmetic products, nothing can completely replace a natural product. Use lavender oil, and feel the power of nature on yourself.