Chamomile (from the Latin. Matricaria chamomilla) is a common annual plant that has been known since childhood. This cute wild plant with snow-white flowers is found almost everywhere. It is one of the most popular natural healers, as it has a considerable number of healing properties. Herbal infusions and teas are made from chamomile. Not less useful chamomile essential oil. All qualities of a medicinal plant are inherent in this product, therefore it is actively used in medicine, aromatherapy, cosmetology, trichology and for domestic purposes.
Ether of chamomile: how to get and what is useful
Chamomile essential oil is extracted from Roman and German blue chamomile. The product obtained from the second variety of plants, has a higher quality and has many therapeutic properties. For this reason, it is better to give preference to the essence of blue chamomile.
In order to obtain the aromatic oil of pharmaceutical chamomile, manufacturers process about 200 kg of inflorescences of the plant. They do this with steam distillation. At the end of the extraction, which lasts from 7 to 13 hours, a rather viscous substance is obtained. The resulting liquid may have several shades. By the way, the color of the ether can determine its freshness. Initially, chamomile oil has a blue color, then, after 2-3 years, it becomes emerald, and then the phyto-essence becomes brown at all. The aroma of chamomile oil can be called complex and incredibly multifaceted. It is based on a sweet, grassy smell, which is complemented by notes of tobacco, fruit, spices and hay.
The main active ingredient of chamomile essential oil is chamazulene. No less important nutrient of this product is bisabolol. In addition to these two substances, the ether contains bitterness, phytosterols, vitamins, glycosides, organic and fatty acids, triterpene alcohols and bioflavonoids. Due to the complex of active substances, chamomile aroma oil is used for a variety of purposes.
- Chamomile essential oil will help with problems with the urinary system. Playing the role of a disinfectant and diuretic, the essence stops infectious processes. Thus, it cures various ailments, including cystitis of all etymologies. Also, the air removes swelling.
- Indispensable chamomile oil and in case of malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract. Thanks to him, you can cope with indigestion, improve appetite and activate the digestive processes. Also, the ether is effective in poisoning.
- Blue chamomile oil is considered “female”. This is due to the fact that it is able to relieve from the unpleasant symptoms characteristic of menopause and premenstrual syndrome, that is, from stress, depressive disorders and irritability. Local application of the tool restores the acid balance and microflora. Also, ether has the property to facilitate the course of labor and prevent postpartum complications.
- Chamomile phyto-essence can be safely called a natural immunostimulant. It enhances immunity, thus preventing colds and infectious diseases. In addition to prevention, it can also be used as an antipyretic and disinfectant.
- Aromatic oil chamomile is recommended for oral care. It helps to make the breath fresh. In addition, rinsing with chamomile ester treat periodontal disease, gingivitis and other dental ailments. It is also worth noting that with this procedure you can relieve pain during inflammations of the throat and relieve hoarseness.
- The analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile oil also allow it to be used for injuries to tendons and ligaments, sprains, bursitis, muscle and joint pain.
- The blue chamomile essential oil with insect bites will be very useful as it removes inflammation and irritation from the bite site. In addition, phyto-essence copes well with burns, and it helps in the treatment of burns of all kinds.
- The beneficial effect of chamomile oil on the human brain has been proven. Inhalation of the vapors of this remedy normalizes the emotional background: anxiety, nervousness and depressiveness disappear. In addition, ether couples improve memory, relieve insomnia, and relieve a sharp headache.
- Due to the stimulating effect, chamomile ether improves the functioning of the liver and gallbladder.
- With the help of ether derived from chamomile, you can cure a variety of dermatological diseases - eczema, urticaria, dermatitis and skin infections, which are accompanied by redness, peeling and itching of the skin. For cosmetic purposes, aromatic oil is most often used as a soothing, rejuvenating, tonic, whitening agent. Also, it is a great assistant in the fight against pustular or acne and rosacea.
- In hair care, chamomile oil is valued for what restores the structure of the hair shaft, gives elasticity to the curls, strengthens the root system of the hair. Only when using chamomile ether should be borne in mind that it has a brightening effect.
Recommendations for the use of chamomile oil
- It is not recommended to use chamomile oil without an allergotest. It is very easy to reveal whether you have any individual intolerance on him. Just apply it in the amount of 1 drop on the skin behind the auricle. If after 60 minutes on the epidermis there are no such negative reactions as redness and irritation, you can safely apply the oil for health and beauty purposes.
- Apply homemade masks, including those with blue chamomile ether, on peeled and steamed face skin. With these procedures, cosmetic compositions will have much more benefit.
- In order for the chamomile essence to work as effectively as possible, it needs to be used for 1, 5 months. The frequency of use of this tool depends on the purpose for which it is used.
- Apply essential oils in a strictly specified amount so that they do not cause a headache, dizziness and nausea. Also, non-compliance with the dosage may cause skin burns.
- Chamomile essential oil cannot be combined with homeopathic medicines. Children under 6 years old and women carrying a child, chamomile oil is also absolutely contraindicated.
Chamomile Oil: How to Use
In case of sore throat, inflammation of the oral mucosa and toothache, rinsing with German chamomile essential oil helps. To prepare the healing solution, you need to mix 2 drops of aroma oil with a glass of warm boiled water. Rinse several times a day until relief.
Inhalation is a great way to cope with ailments that are accompanied by cramps in the airways. They are also useful in the common cold. To conduct a hot inhalation, dissolve 2-3 drops of chamomile phyto-essences in a glass of hot boiled water. For cold inhalation need a handkerchief and the same drops of essential oil. Breathe in ether vapor for no more than 7 minutes. During the procedure, the eyes must be closed!
When muscles and joints hurt, make a compress with chamomile aromatic oil. Mix chamomile oil in the amount of 15 drops with 30 drops of St. John's wort oil. Soak a gauze heated with an iron with a mixture of oils, and then apply it to the diseased area for half an hour. After removing the compress, the skin must be wiped with a cotton pad to remove excess oil. By the way, such a compress is also effective for restoring skin with various injuries - burns, insect bites, irritations. Pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract can be cured by taking chamomile oil inside. Combine one drop of ether with a teaspoon of jam or honey. Take this composition and drink it down with tea or fruit juice. Repeat this procedure no more than 2 times a day.
Spraying clothing and skin with a solution of a glass of water and 3 drops of chamomile oil, you protect yourself from mosquitoes, lice and ticks.
You can fill the room with a soothing chamomile aroma oil by adding it to the aroma incense or aroma lamp in the amount of 5 drops for every 15 square meters. m square. People who prefer to use an individual aromatic medallion should add 3 drops of essence to it.
Another good way to say goodbye to stress is to take the aroma bath. The bath is filled with water, the temperature of which is 37-40 degrees. Then a mixture of a tablespoon of honey, salt or milk and 5-6 drops of chamomile oil is introduced into it. The procedure is carried out for a quarter of an hour.
Blue chamomile essential oil can be added to cosmetics - shampoos, masks, creams, balms. This is done in order to improve the quality of the purchasing structure. Do not forget to observe the dosage: a tablespoon of cosmetic mixture should have no more than 4 drops of phyto-essence.
If you want to get rid of acne or herpes as soon as possible, use pure chamomile oil. Note that in undiluted form it must be applied precisely on the inflamed area of the epidermis.
Nourishing face mask
What do you need:
- shea butter - 1 tablespoon;
- Camomile ether - 2-3 drops.
How to cook:
- Transport oil, that is, shea butter, slightly heat in a water bath, and then mix with ether.
Spread the mask on oils over the face and soak for half an hour. When the expiration date is over, wipe the skin with a cotton pad or paper towel. The composition is very useful for those whose skin suffers from dryness. It enriches it with moisture and nutritious nutrients. Also, the mask has inherent soothing and lightening action.
What do you need:
- water - 3 tablespoons;
- beeswax - 2 tablespoons;
- ether cypress, chamomile, bergamot - 3 drops.
How to cook:
- Wax the wax through a water bath, then mix with pure water or a decoction of herbs.
- As soon as the mixture has cooled to body temperature, add essential oils to it. Beat the formed composition until its texture looks like thick cream.
Put the cream in a dark container and store it in a cool place. Use it daily for 1-1,5 hours before bedtime. Rejuvenating cream should be applied to the skin with soft driving movements. Before bed, do not forget to remove the excess from the skin with a paper towel.
Mask to strengthen hair
What do you need:
- egg yolk - 1 pc .;
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon;
- chamomile oil - 2-3 drops.
How to cook:
- Beat the yolk to the foam, mix it with warm olive oil and ether of German chamomile.
Lightly wet the strands, then apply a mask on them. Just carefully blot her scalp. After 40 minutes, remove the composition from the head of hair with warm water and shampoo. Thanks to the mask, the hair is moistened and ceases to split, and still gain shine and elasticity. In addition, this tool actively acts on the hair follicles - strengthens them and creates favorable conditions for the growth of healthy hair rods.
What do you need:
- warm water - 1 cup;
- salt - 1 tablespoon;
- lavender, bergamot, chamomile oils - 2 drops each.
How to cook:
- All components are mixed in a common container.
Dip your fingers in the resulting solution for a third of an hour. Periodically repeating this procedure, you will notice that the nails have become much stronger - have ceased to exfoliate, break and began to grow faster.
Chamomile essential oil is a great opportunity to maintain the health and youth of the body. Follow all instructions when using it, and you will see how a natural product can be useful.