The most trouble-free way to cook meat is roasting, but in the oven it can dry out, especially if it is beef, which is not very juicy. To make baked meat soft and tender, we will cover it with a thick “fur coat” of onion, cheese and mayonnaise. Juicy onions marinate the meat, and the steam from it and a layer of mayonnaise will delay burning of the cheese. As a result, the meat will ripen just in time, just by the time the onions and cheese have turned into a delicious golden crust.
The whole process will take a little over an hour along with the preparation.
- fresh beef - 0.5 kg .;
- durum cheese (can be inexpensive) - 250 g;
- medium bulbs - 2 pcs .;
- salt, pepper, seasonings for meat;
1. Cut the beef in small thin strips, like goulash.
2. Cut the onions into small rings.
3. On a baking sheet, greased copiously with sunflower oil, lay the meat. Add salt, pepper, seasonings and form a “cap” of onions.
4. We rub cheese on a large grater.
5. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top of onions. Make sure that there are no gaps: both cheese and onions should evenly cover the meat.
6. We thoroughly coat the cheese “cap” with mayonnaise and on the side, where the meat is.
7. Put the meat in the oven preheated to 170 degrees and bake to the state when all the cheese is melted and covered with a crispy crust (about an hour).
8. The finished meat with cheese can be served both independently, decorated with greens, and with any side dish.