Many people use rice to make garnish for meat or pilau. However, the meat requires a long preparation. When there is no time for cooking dishes from fresh meat ingredients, rice cereal can be turned into an independent hearty dish, having cooked it with canned stew. If you have little time for cooking dinner and have to do it in cramped conditions, when you do not have a cauldron or similar utensils at hand, you can cook rice with stew in a frying pan. This dish turns out nourishing and fragrant, it does not require much effort to create it. If you add fresh rice or canned vegetables to the cooked rice porridge with stew, it will become even more delicious, your loved ones will surely like this lunch or dinner.
Even an inexperienced hostess can make rice with stew in a pan, since this task is not difficult. Knowledge of the features of the technology of cooking rice dishes in a skillet will allow you to avoid mistakes and get the expected result.
- Different rice varieties do not have the same characteristics. One of the main ones is starch content in grains. The choice of rice grains depends on what dish you want to get. If you want to cook in a pan a dish that resembles porridge with stew or risotto, it is better to stop the choice on round grain rice, which contains a significant amount of starch. Long grain rice contains little starch, with it the dish turns out less viscous.
- It is not necessary to rinse the rice before cooking in a pan, only if you want to make them risotto. In other cases, it is washed to clear water. It is especially important to wash the rice well, if you want it to be crumbly in the finished dish.
- The taste of the finished dish will strongly depend on the quality of canned meat. It is believed that the most delicious is rice with beef and pork stew, but the use of stewed chicken makes the dish more economical. It is important that the stew contains only meat, salt and spices. If the composition contains vegetable protein, starch and similar additives, it is better to refrain from buying - you can not cook a tasty dish from such canned food.
- Almost always onions include rice with a stew cooked in a pan. Often included in the composition and carrots. Additionally, tomatoes and other vegetables can be added. Sometimes quince and dried fruits are included. All this allows us to add more juiciness from rice and stew meat dishes, and sometimes to greatly change its taste, which makes it possible to diversify the menu, even making lunches and dinners from the same basic ingredients.
- The flavor of the food is also affected by the bouquet of spices and spices used to make it. Often they add paprika or turmeric, which go well with rice and meat.
- To prevent the rice from sticking together, it is first fried, then it is poured with water and stewed. At this time, the pan is covered with a lid, which is not recommended to be raised during the first 15 minutes of cooking. Then you can check the readiness of the rice, if necessary, pour water. Usually, white rice is ready in 15-20 minutes from the beginning of quenching, brown - in 30 minutes.
- For cooking rice it is recommended to choose thick-walled frying pans with a thick bottom, but a regular frying pan with a high-quality non-stick or ceramic coating is also suitable. It is important that the pan be deep, otherwise the portion of rice will turn out quite small, and it will not be enough for the whole family.
There are several recipes for steamed rice, which can be used to make food in a pan. You can choose them based on your gastronomic preferences and the presence in the house of certain additional ingredients.
Rice with stew in a pan
- rice (preferably long) - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- beef stew or pork - 0, 3 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Rinse well, rinse, drain in a colander. Let it dry.
- Scrape carrots, wash, dry with a napkin. Grind on a coarse grater.
- Remove the husks from the bulb. Cut the vegetable into small cubes.
- Pour oil into a deep frying pan, put onions and carrots in it. Fry them until the onions are golden in color.
- Add rice to vegetables, fry it with vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stew, mix. Continue frying for another 2-3 minutes.
- Boil water, pour hot food into the pan. Cover it with a lid. Turn down the heat.
- After 15 minutes, mix the contents of the pan, adding salt and spices. After a couple of minutes, remove the pan from the heat.
Rice prepared according to this recipe is obtained crumbly, but saturated with the aroma of meat and vegetables. Hardly anyone will be able to refuse such a treat.
Rice with stew and curry seasoning in a pan
- rice - 0, 22 kg;
- water or broth - 0, 5 l;
- onions - 150 g;
- carrots - 150 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 80 ml;
- stew (best pork) - a bank with a capacity of 0.5 liters;
- soy sauce - 40-80 ml (more if water is used, less - if broth is used);
- curry seasoning - 10 g.
- Wash and dry rice.
- Peel the vegetables. Slightly grate the carrots, finely chop the onion.
- Place the stew on a plate, remove bones, hides, coarse veins, so that they do not spoil the taste of the finished dish.
- To cook this recipe, you will need two pans. In both you need to pour two tablespoons of oil and heat it.
- Put rice in one pan, fry it in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes, then add water or broth. If using water, add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce to it, the broth is salty enough and without it.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook rice for 15 minutes.
- Put onions and carrots in another skillet, browse them.
- Add the stew to the vegetables, fry it for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked rice to the vegetables and stew, stir.
- Add seasoning and leftover soy sauce, stir again.
- Cook the rice with the stew on a slow fire for another 2-3 minutes.
After a specified time, the pan can be removed from the heat, arrange the dishes on plates and call the household to the table.
Rice with stew and vegetables in a pan
- rice - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 0, 4 l;
- tomatoes - 150 g;
- sweet pepper - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- stew - 0, 3 kg;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go.
- Wash vegetables. Peel the carrots, rub it large.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into small cubes.
- Extract the seeds from the pepper; cut the flesh into small quarters of rings.
- Dip the tomatoes with boiling water, peel off the skin, cut into small cubes or slices.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, put onions and carrots in it. Fry them until golden brown.
- Add pepper and tomatoes, stew vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add stew, cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the prepared rice into the pan with the rest of the food. Salt, season the food. Fill with warm water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the dish on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir, continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat.
Rice cooked in a frying pan with stewed meat and vegetables, when served at the table, will not prevent sprinkling with fresh herbs.
Rice with stew - a hearty dish that can be cooked even in a frying pan. The technology of its preparation has its own specifics, but is not difficult, so even an aspiring cook will successfully cope with the task.