Fermentation of fruits and vegetables is a useful alternative to conservation. Such fruits are stored due to the natural protection of lactic acid, resulting from fermentation, and brine. They will lie under appropriate conditions for the whole winter, and vacuum conservation is not needed.
Most often kvass cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers and apples. Cabbage and cucumber make excellent salads, and tomatoes are served as a snack or as an addition to side dishes.
Green pickled tomatoes are very different from their counterparts, fermented in ripe form. We advise you to try this salting option - it can be a favorite treat for the whole family.
- green tomatoes - 1 kg;
- salt of salt - 50 g .;
- garlic - 5 cloves .;
- bay leaves - 5 pcs .;
- Different varieties of peppercorns to taste.
1. Thoroughly wash green unripe tomatoes in water and prune the stalk.
2. Sourdough jars are carefully sterilized. Each tomato is cut in half and lay out in prepared jars (it is best to take a liter).
3. Evenly pour salt in each jar.
4. Prepare laurel leaves and a mixture of peppers, peel garlic cloves.
5. Cut the garlic into slices and add to the tomatoes along with other seasonings. If you want the pickled green tomatoes to be ready in two weeks - fill the tomatoes with boiling water. Banks are covered with a lid symbolically, in order to supply oxygen, and there was fermentation.
If it is not necessary to have ready-made pickled tomatoes in 2 weeks - pour them with cold salted water.
We remove the jar in the heat, wrapped. After 3-4 days, remove the tomatoes in a cool place.
6. In two weeks, the tomatoes will be ready.