Despite the abundance of bones, the carp is loved by many, others even give it preference over other inhabitants of the reservoirs. There is nothing strange in this, because this fish is very meaty, nourishing and tasty. If you bake it whole, it looks like a banquet dish. If you have carp in the refrigerator and a slow cooker in the kitchen, you can quickly prepare for the visit of friends or relatives. After all, carp baked in a slow cooker, looks very appetizing. At the same time getting food using a smart unit is not particularly difficult. While the hostess will be preparing to receive guests, the slow cooker will cope with the creation of a delicious dinner.
The carp baked in the slow cooker will be tastier and more appetizing if you take into account several important points when preparing it:
- Only fresh carp is suitable for baking. From the acquisition of frozen fish is better to refuse. If you are still roasting frozen carp, let it thaw in the refrigerator, not in the microwave. Excellent if you managed to get live fish: this carp is ideal for baking.
- When choosing a carp, live or dry frozen, pay attention to its appearance and smell. Fresh fish has pink gills, covered with watery mucus. Its scales glistens, there are no red spots on the body. Fresh carp meat lags badly behind bones. Wanting to hide the freshness of the fish, some sell it without a head, the state of which is easiest to determine how long it was caught. For this reason, when buying, it is better to give preference to the whole carp.
- It is best to bake the whole carp, including the head. So it turns out tastier and more appetizing. One thing, if you caught a fish large enough and cannot fit completely into a slow cooker, you can remove the head and cut the carcass into pieces, if the recipe allows it.
- If you plan to bake the whole carp, you can first make frequent, strictly vertical cuts on it. This will crush the bones and make them safe. This can be done with fish, which is baked in chunks, before it is cut.
- An under salted carp will seem bland. Try to make it moderately salty, do not feel sorry for the spices and herbs that will emphasize its taste.
- Carp can smell like mud. To this smell was not too noticeable, when cooking, you must use lemons or lemon juice. Bad smell is interrupted by black pepper, garlic, onion, parsley, dill and other fragrant greens.
If you use the above tips when baking carp in a multicooker, the dish will be perfect.
Carp baked in a multicooker
- carp - 0, 7-0, 9 kg;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- onions - 100 g;
- fresh dill - 50 g;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- salt, spices for fish - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the carp well and use a knife or special grater to remove the scales from it. Gut, wash well. If necessary, remove the head, chop off the tail and cut into large portions. If it is possible to leave the whole carcass, then it is not necessary to cut it. But the fins must be cut off. After cutting, cleaning and gutting, thoroughly wash the carcass or individual pieces again. Use a kitchen towel to remove moisture.
- Salt and pepper the fish. Roll the lemon on the table, pressing it with your palm, cut it in half and squeeze the juice on the carp. Do not forget to pay attention to the abdomen. Set the fish aside for half an hour to marinate.
- Wash, dry, finely chop the dill. Divide it into about 2 parts.
- Peel the onion, cut it in half. Cut one half into half rings and the other into small pieces.
- Onion, cut into small cubes, mix with one piece of dill. Start the carp with this mixture or place it inside each piece of fish.
- Lubricate the multicooker bowl and place the fish in it.
- Sprinkle with the second part of the dill, spread the onion half rings nicely on top. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Lower the multicooker lid. Run the “Baking” program. Set the timer to 1 hour. If you want the dish to be more festive, 15 minutes before the end of the program, open the lid and sprinkle the fish with finely grated cheese.
- Remove the fish from the multicooker and place on the dish. If you cut it into pieces, then lay them side by side so that the carp looks almost intact. Garnish with dill sprigs, parsley, and thin lemon slices.
The most difficult thing when cooking carp in a slow cooker is preparatory work. After he has been cleaned and cleaned up, the kitchen unit will begin to work, and the hostess at this time will be able to relax or do other things. With proper serving, the dish prepared according to this recipe will turn out beautifully and very tasty in a festive way.