Zucchini - tasty, affordable, and loved by many vegetables. In the summer, housewives include dishes from them in the family menu regularly, but not everyone realizes using these vegetables for winter preparations. In fact, it is easy to preserve them, and as a result, you can get original and appetizing-looking snacks, which during the cold season will be a good decoration for the table. Given the fact that these vegetables themselves do not contain significant amounts of acid for successful preservation, they are marinated with the obligatory addition of vinegar or acidic vegetables. Zucchini closed in the winter in tomato sauce is especially popular. They are valued for their harmonious taste and bright appearance.
Squash in tomato sauce is prepared for the winter in different ways. Some recipes require boiling zucchini in a sauce, which later they are poured. Other options include pouring sauce squash zucchini, which can be either raw or pre-fried. The technology of making such different snacks may not be completely identical, but there are several points that remain relevant regardless of the recipe used.
- Both young and mature fruits are suitable for canning in tomato sauce, but from the immature zucchini with unformed seeds and tender pulp, the appetizer is more delicious. Young fruits should be well washed and dried before grinding, mature ones need more thorough preparation: they are peeled, removed from them the pulp with large seeds.
- To make tomato fill, chop the tomatoes with a blender or meat grinder. The sauce will have a more delicate texture if the fruit is peeled before. To do this, they are cut crosswise, immersed in boiling water, after 2-3 minutes they are shifted to a container with cold water. After these “baths” in contrast, the tomatoes are cleaned in no time.
- To prepare the pouring, you can use not only chopped pulp of fresh tomatoes, but also tomato paste, ketchup, tomato juice.
- A number of recipes for the preparation of zucchini in tomato sauce includes the sterilization of cans with snacks in boiling water. It is more convenient to do this when the banks are the same size and are not too large.
- Banks for snacks need to be washed with soda and sterilized. It is undesirable to neglect this procedure, even if they are sterilized with a snack after the container. The lids are also sterilized by boiling. Close zucchini in tomato fill metal lids, ensuring tightness. Plastic covers are not suitable for this.
The storage conditions for snacks may depend on the specific recipe, but usually squash pickled in a tomato sauce, is well worth the room temperature.
Squash in tomato sauce with pepper and garlic
Composition (3 liters):
- zucchini - 1 kg;
- tomatoes - 1, 5 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 5 kg;
- garlic - 5-10 cloves;
- sugar - 100 g;
- salt - 20 g;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 20 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 20 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Banks wash with soda, sterilize. Boil suitable lids.
- Peppers, wash, peel, cut into square pieces about 1 cm in size or quarters of rings about 0.5 cm wide.
- Wash zucchini thoroughly. If they are large, remove the peel from them and remove the pulp with seeds by cutting the fruits. Cut vegetables into cubes of about 1.5 cm.
- Boil the tomatoes and peel. Cut into cubes and grind with a blender until mashed.
- Tomato puree mixed with salt, sugar and a spoon of vegetable oil.
- Put the saucepan with the tomato sauce on the stove, bring it to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Dip squash with pepper into tomato sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the readiness, add garlic and vinegar passed through the press. Stir.
- Put the vegetables in prepared jars, pour the sauce in which they were stewed.
- Roll banks, flip.
The next day, banks with snacks can be moved to the pantry or any other place where you used to keep supplies for the winter. These canned foods do not require special storage conditions.
Squash in tomato sauce without sterilization
Composition (4 liters):
- zucchini - 3 kg;
- sugar - 0, 4 kg;
- salt - 40 g;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 0, 2 l;
- ketchup - 0, 5 l;
- water - 1 l;
- spices and spices - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Put spices and spices in clean sterilized jars. Well suited cloves, cinnamon (in sticks), black and allspice peas, bay leaf.
- Wash, clean the zucchini. Cut them into bars about 1, 5-2 cm thick, 6-8 cm long.
- Fill the jars with pieces of zucchini, stacking them as tightly as possible.
- Boil the water. Pour zucchini. Cover the jars with lids, wait 15-20 minutes, drain the liquid from the cans.
- Repeat this procedure.
- Pour the ketchup into the pan, dilute it with water. Add sugar and salt, add vinegar. Stir to fill acquired a uniform consistency.
- Heat the tomato sauce over low heat until boiling, boil it for 10 minutes.
- Pour zucchini with tomato sauce, tightly close the jars.
- Place the cans in bottom up, cover them with a blanket and leave to cool in a steam bath for additional preservation.
It is advisable to keep an appetizer prepared according to this recipe in a cool room, but if it remains at room temperature for some time, nothing terrible will happen.
Fried zucchini in tomato sauce
Composition (2 liters):
- zucchini - 1, 5 kg;
- tomato juice - 0.5 l;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- salt - 20 g;
- sugar - 20 g;
- fresh parsley - 100 g;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 40 ml;
- bay leaf - 3-4 pcs .;
- black pepper peas - 10-12 pcs.
Method of preparation:
- Zucchini cut into circles with a thickness of 7-8 mm, fry on both sides.
- Tomato juice (freshly squeezed or store) mixed with finely chopped onion and grated carrots.
- Add sugar, salt, spices to the sauce.
- Bring sauce to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar, stir, remove from heat.
- According to prepared banks, lay out the zucchini, covering each layer with tomato filling.
- Cover the jars with clean lids. At the bottom of a wide pot, lay a towel, put a jar with zucchini on it. Pour warm water into the pan so that its level reaches the hangers of the cans.
- Over low heat bring the water to a boil and sterilize the jars in it for 30 minutes, if they are half-liter, 60 minutes, if they are liter.
- Carefully remove the jars from the pan and seal them tightly.
- Leave to cool upside down, wrapped in a blanket.
You can store zucchini snacks made according to this recipe in tomato sauce at room temperature.
Squash in tomato sauce - inexpensive at cost and easy to prepare snack. For the winter it can be made according to several recipes, each of which has its own advantages.