Zucchini jam with orange and lemon is a bright golden delicacy, the taste of which is almost indistinguishable from citrus marmalade. A spicy note is given by the buds of cloves and nutmeg.
A jar of such jam can be presented as a gift to your family and friends. And as a filling for pies and pies, this dessert is absolutely magnificent. In addition, zucchini jam is a great addition to a cup of tea or ice cream.
- zucchini - 500 g
- granulated sugar - 350 g
- small orange - 1 pc.
- lemon - 1 pc.
- dried cloves - 4 buds
- nutmeg - at the tip of a knife.
Cooking time: 1 h 10 min.
Yield: 600 g
1. Wash squash and remove stalks. If you make jam from young fruits, they do not need to be peeled. And, if you have purchased mature zucchini, be sure to clean them from coarse thick peel.
Grate zucchini grated with large holes.
2. Put the zucchini in the pan for making jam, add sugar. Mix thoroughly.
3. Let stand for 20 minutes. During this time, zucchini should give juice.
4. In order to remove the unhealthy wax coating, wash the orange and lemon with hot water.
Remove a thin layer of zest from a lemon with a knife.
5. Remove the zest from the orange too. By the way, if you do not have a cropping knife on the farm, you can use a regular grater with small holes.
6. Add the zest of both citrus fruits to the zucchini and mix well.
7. Release the orange and lemon from the seeds and cut into small slices.
8. Put the citrus slices in a container with zucchini. Mix well.
9. Place the pan on a slow fire, remove the foam after boiling, and cook for 10 minutes. To prevent the cones from burning, substitute a flame divider under the container.
Then add the clove buds and nutmeg.
10. Boil down the jam on low heat for 40-45 minutes, remembering to stir occasionally. It should thicken, and the slices of orange and lemon should become transparent.
11. At the end of cooking, remove the clove buds from the jam and place it in prepared sterile jars. Cover and place in a cool place.
Zucchini jam with orange and lemon is ready.
Mistress of the note:
You can expand the circle of spices for jam by adding 4 peas of allspice to it.
Jars for jam, first wash well with a solution of baking soda, and then sterilize in any way - over the kettle, in the microwave or just pour over boiling water.