Peaches are not as affordable as apples or pears, but many housewives harvest them for the winter. After all, on cold days it is very pleasant to open a jar of peach jam or mashed potatoes, the taste and aroma of which evoke memories of summer and raise the spirits. It is advisable to harvest peach puree for the winter even if there are young children in the family. These canned foods can be made without sugar, thanks to which they can even be used as complementary foods for infants.
Cooking peach puree for the winter is not a difficult task, even for a novice hostess. Knowing a few moments, she will be able to make a tasty and healthy delicacy that will be stored well for at least 6 months.
- Ripe, but not over-ripe peaches are suitable for mashing. It is important that the fruits are not damaged, especially if you are preparing a dessert for the child.
- Before cooking puree, peaches must be peeled off: once in puree, it will make its taste coarse. It is especially dangerous to leave peaches unpeeled, if the meal is planned to be given to infants. Small pieces of the skin, once in the baby's esophagus, can provoke vomiting, which will permanently discourage the infant from fruit dressings.
- It will be easy to peel the skin off if you put them in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then immediately put them in a container of cold water or, throwing it over a colander, pour cold shower.
- For a small child and weight-lifting people, it is advisable to make mashed peaches without adding sugar. First, the peaches are cut into pieces, stewed in a small amount of water, crushed with a blender, again boiled and laid out in sterilized jars. The most wary housewives, before rolling up the jars with mashed potatoes, boiled without sugar, sterilize them in boiling water - for 2-3 minutes, 200 ml jars. This is advisable to do if the product is intended for feeding the child.
- Peach puree, cooked without added sugar, can only be stored in the cold: in the cellar or in the cold basement, even better - in the refrigerator. Its shelf life under storage conditions will be 6 months. After opening the jar, its contents must be consumed within 24 hours, at which time the mashed potatoes can only be kept in the refrigerator.
- For storage at room temperature, peach puree is made with added sugar. Usually, 0, 25-0, 5 kg of this sweet product is put on a kilogram of peaches. To balance the flavor of the puree, citric acid or acidic fruits are added. This has a positive effect on the stability of the product to adverse storage conditions.
- Banks for peach puree must be sterilized, otherwise it will quickly deteriorate. Close banks with metal lids, ensuring tightness. These can be screw caps or screw-on caps - their configuration does not matter.
- The rolled up banks turn over and cover with a blanket. Cooling down in this form, they are subject to additional preservation, due to which they stand better.
Peach puree can not only be canned, but also frozen. For this, the peach pulp, ground to a puree state, is laid out in the cells of the ice-freezing container, and sent to the freezer. Frozen mashed potatoes are removed from the mold and put into the bag, returned to the freezer. Peach puree, prepared by freezing, retains all the beneficial properties. Lack of one - for him to find a place in the freezer. Therefore, most housewives still prefer to make peach puree for the winter in banks.
Peach puree for the winter without sugar
The composition (1, 4-1, 6 l):
- peaches - 2 kg;
- water - 120 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash with soda and sterilize the jars that fit the lids. Banks are better to choose small, about 0, 2 liters. It is convenient to sterilize them in the oven or microwave, but you can sterilize them in a familiar way - by steaming, by placing the containers on a sieve or steamer rack.
- Wash peaches.
- In a saucepan, boil water (its amount is not indicated in the recipe). Dip the fruit in boiling water, blanch them for about a minute.
- Catch peaches with a skimmer and transfer to a container filled with cold water.
- Peel the fruit. Cut the fruit in half, remove the bones.
- Cut the peach flesh into small pieces of arbitrary shape, add water to them.
- Put the container with the peaches on a slow fire and boil them 15-20 minutes after the water boils.
- Grind peaches with a blender until mashed. In the absence of this kitchen equipment fruit pulp can be rubbed through a sieve.
- Bring the peach puree to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the jars, spin them pre-boiled for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the jars over, cover with a blanket, leave for a day.
After the indicated time, jars of peach puree must be transferred to a cool room, the temperature in which does not rise above 16 degrees. If you do not have such a room, you will have to store the dessert in the refrigerator.
Peach puree with sugar
Composition (for 2, 5 l):
- peaches - 2, 5 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- citric acid - 2 g;
- vanillin (optional) - 1-2 g;
- water - 100 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Peaches, washed, pour boiling water, then a stream of ice water, clean.
- Remove pits from fruit.
- Cut the flesh into small pieces, grind to a mash with mashed potatoes or a meat grinder.
- Sprinkle sugar in small portions and stir until it is finished.
- Pour on water, stir, put on slow fire.
- Stir the mash, removing the foam, to the desired consistency, but not less than 20 minutes.
- Add vanillin and citric acid, mix, cook mashed potatoes for another 5 minutes.
- Spread the dessert in pre-sterilized jars, hermetically seal them.
Leave the jars to cool upside down. Wrapping them is not necessary - a sufficiently large amount of sugar and citric acid in the composition will allow you to store canned food at room temperature and without this manipulation. Mashed potatoes will not spoil for at least a year.
Peach and apple puree for the winter
Composition (2 liters):
- peaches - 1 kg;
- apples - 1 kg;
- sugar - 0, 6 kg.
Method of preparation:
- Fruit wash, peel. Pulp cut into small cubes or slices, put in the pelvis.
- Fill with sugar, leave for 2-3 hours so that the fruit have time to put the juice.
- Heat gently to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes, removing the foam.
- Crush fruit with a dip blender. Boil the fruit puree to the desired consistency.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the prepared jars, cork them.
After cooling, the banks can be rearranged to a pantry or other place where you keep supplies for the winter - these canned goods do not require special storage conditions.
Peach puree is a delicacy to which both children and adults are not indifferent. It can be prepared for the winter according to several recipes, including without sugar. This allows you to use a treat for baby food.