Bread is not a scarce or expensive product, but more and more housewives learn the art of baking to bake it at home. Bakery products sold in a shop do not always delight with appearance and taste, often exude an unappetizing smell, turn out to be poorly baked. From time to time, information leaks to the media that, in order to reduce the cost of products, manufacturers use low-grade flour, as well as low-grade additives. All this encourages health-care housewives to look for an alternative, and many of them come to the conclusion that good bread is homemade bread. For its preparation at one of the first stages it is required to make a brew. Only after fermentation, flour becomes a good basis for bread dough. The easiest way to put a brew on the yeast, but they give baking a specific taste, often negatively affect digestion. The most skillful cooks revive the old bread recipes, making it on sourdough. The yeast without yeast is prepared on it as easily as on yeast. The main difficulty lies in the production of the leaven itself. But its preparation does not take a lot of energy, you just need to be patient and for a few days to take care of the future basis of home loaf.
The hostess, not familiar with the baking art, it may seem that baking homemade bread - a difficult process. It actually has its own specifics, but anyone can master it. Previously, all the housewives coped with this task, from a young age knowing how to make bread sourdough and put the dough on it. Taking into account the basic subtleties of the technology of making yeast-free dough for bread, even an inexperienced cook will be able to bake a tasty and healthy round loaf.
- First, you need to make yeast-free yeast. It is made from flour, often with the addition of raisins, hops, kefir or other ingredients. After preparing a mixture of the products indicated in the selected recipe, it is placed in a jar, covered with a film, making holes for the gas to exit, and left to ferment indoors for several days. Sometimes the technology involves its agitation, stirring the bread sourdough, “feeding” it with an additional portion of flour mixed with the liquid.
- The finished sourdough is usually not fully used. The rest is stored in the refrigerator, sometimes feeding. Before using the leaven stored in the refrigerator, it must be awakened. To do this, remove them from the refrigerator, add a small amount of flour mixed with warm water to it, mix and leave for a few hours in a warm place.
- It is not necessary to look for special bread recipes for leaven. She can replace the yeast in the usual recipes. A glass of yeast (volume 250 ml) is able to replace 40-50 g of pressed yeast or 15 g of dry. Sourdough can be taken more or less, depending on how sour bread you want to bake, the choice depends on the gastronomic preferences of a particular person.
- For the preparation of sponge, the starter is mixed with warm liquid and flour. If the recipe does not indicate how much water and flour to add, you can use the following rule: use all the prescription amount of liquid and half the prescription amount of flour.
- The yeast for bread without yeast is slow, usually taking from 8 to 16 hours. We must try not to miss the moment when it comes, that is, it will rise and begin to fall. The fall of the oparah indicates that the microorganisms that provide fermentation, starve. If you do not use the approaching brew for making dough right away, then the bread from it will turn out sour and not too useful.
- Any flour can be used to make sourdough and sourdough, but one must be of the same kind, otherwise microorganisms that cause fermentation will have difficulty rebuilding and raising dough.
When the dough comes up, you need to enter all the other ingredients listed in the recipe, and knead the soft, but not sticking to the hands of the dough, put it into shape, allow the product to stand and rise, then send it to the preheated oven and bake until done.
Dough for rye-wheat bread without yeast on a simple flour starter
- rye flour - 150 g for the preparation of yeast, 150 g for the preparation of brew (total, 0, 3 kg);
- spring or filtered water - 150 ml for the preparation of the starter, 150 ml for the preparation of the dough.
Method of preparation:
- Slightly heat 50 ml of water, pour it into a liter jar.
- Pour 50 g of flour into a jar of warm water. Mix well.
- Tape the neck of the jar with cling film, make a few holes in it with a toothpick.
- Put the jar for a day in a dark place, such as a kitchen cupboard.
- Mix the contents of the jar several times a day, as the flour will go down to the bottom first.
- In a day, mix 50 g of flour and 50 ml of water in a bowl, combine this mixture with the contents of the jar. Again, clean the closet for a day. Sourdough should ferment, increasing in volume.
- The next day, add a mixture of 50 g of flour and 50 ml of water to the starter mixture. Leave for another 1-2 days. The finished starter will bubble, grow in volume.
- Separate the fourth part from the leaven. Clean up the rest in the fridge.
- Place the leaven in the bowl in which you will cook the brew. Add warm water, stir.
- Sift flour, add to leaven. Stir the products until a homogeneous composition.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and leave at room temperature for 12-16 hours. Check the condition of the sponge, as in a warm room, it can come up much faster.
To make bread, to the dough made according to this recipe, add a glass of rye and wheat flour, an incomplete glass of water, a tablespoon of sugar and vegetable oil, a teaspoon of salt.
Bread without yeast on raisins
- raisins - 50 g;
- rye flour - 100 g for sourdough, 150 g for dough;
- water - 100 ml for starter, 150 ml for sponge.
Method of preparation:
- Turn the raisins through a meat grinder or grind to a puree state in any other way.
- Mix the raisins with 50 g of flour and 50 ml of water. Place in a jar. Close it with a plastic cap, making a narrow slot in it with a knife.
- Leave for 1-2 days warm until you notice signs of fermentation.
- Dilute 50 ml of water with 50 g of flour, add to the previously prepared mixture. Leave the starter at room temperature for another day.
- Separate about a quarter of the starter, mix it with 150 ml of water and a glass of flour.
- Place the brew in a bowl, cover with a napkin. Wait until it starts to bubble and increase in volume. It should happen in about 10-12 hours.
To make the dough, brew 25 g of malt with 50 ml of water, after half an hour add to the dough, mix. Then add a glass of rye and wheat flour, 150-180 ml of water, 10 g of salt, 20 ml of honey, 20 ml of vegetable oil and a small handful of peeled sunflower seeds.
Brewless yeast bread brewing
- hop cones - 100 g;
- water - 0, 2 l for ferment, 0, 25 l for sponge;
- wheat flour - 50 g for sourdough, 150 g for sponge;
- sugar - 10 g.
Method of preparation:
- Pour hop cones with a glass of water and boil until the volume is reduced by half.
- Put in a thermos, insist a few hours.
- Strain the broth, pour into a half-liter jar, add sugar and 50 g of flour, mix.
- Cover the can with a cloth and place in a warm place. Wait until the fermentation comes. It will happen in 2-3 days.
- Separate two tablespoons of the leaven, dilute it with a glass of warm boiled water, add a glass of flour. Stir so that there are no flour lumps in the mass.
- Leave it warm until the point bubbles appear. They indicate that the brew came up and you can make dough.
To prepare the dough for the dough, you will need to add another 2 cups of wheat flour, a tablespoon of sugar, a teaspoon of salt, 25 g of melted margarine or butter.
A yeast free bread brew is prepared on the basis of a yeast. It can be made from rye and wheat flour, raisins, hop cones and a number of other products. The process of making sourdough and broth on it is long, but you will not have to regret the time spent.